Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: PPMariner, September 5, 2015, 2:26pm
Points will be dropped and today, we won't be one of them.

Dreadful start to the season - all the more painful as this year, more than any in 20 years, it's been so unexpected.

Questions rightly being asked about some of the decision making and I feel we're at the tipping point - any title aspirations hang by a thread. Ride any bad luck and take the games by the scruff of the neck; confident in the knowledge we're the best team on the pitch and with our squad, we could look at a quite different table come Christmas.

However, if we fail now to be galvanised by the situation we've arrived in after a mere 7 games then there is a fundamental problem with our collective mentality and the responsibility for that rests solely with the manager. If there is no response then it is clear he either fails to engender confidence in his charges or there is an underlying lack of respect for the way he approaches things tactically, or a combination of both.

For me, he must immediately stop tailoring things in fear of opposition. This squad is top drawer for this league and they should, to a man, be fully aware of that. They'll perform accordingly.

So, which will it be?

As I began this post - I'm expecting and hoping!

Either way, today should be the beginning of something new. UTM
Posted by: ackomariner, September 5, 2015, 3:15pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from PPMariner
Points will be dropped and today, we won't be one of them.

Dreadful start to the season - all the more painful as this year, more than any in 20 years, it's been so unexpected.

Questions rightly being asked about some of the decision making and I feel we're at the tipping point - any title aspirations hang by a thread. Ride any bad luck and take the games by the scruff of the neck; confident in the knowledge we're the best team on the pitch and with our squad, we could look at a quite different table come Christmas.

However, if we fail now to be galvanised by the situation we've arrived in after a mere 7 games then there is a fundamental problem with our collective mentality and the responsibility for that rests solely with the manager. If there is no response then it is clear he either fails to engender confidence in his charges or there is an underlying lack of respect for the way he approaches things tactically, or a combination of both.

For me, he must immediately stop tailoring things in fear of opposition. This squad is top drawer for this league and they should, to a man, be fully aware of that. They'll perform accordingly.

So, which will it be?

As I began this post - I'm expecting and hoping!

Either way, today should be the beginning of something new. UTM

Yeah, good post
Posted by: PPMariner, September 5, 2015, 4:39pm; Reply: 2
Ten to go and rather incredibly - EVERY team is dropping points  ??)

Blow the whistles! UTM
Posted by: Hagrid, September 5, 2015, 4:41pm; Reply: 3
You had to say it didnt you!!!
Posted by: PPMariner, September 5, 2015, 4:45pm; Reply: 4
Yup - just seen, grrrrrr
Posted by: PPMariner, September 5, 2015, 5:06pm; Reply: 5
Well, everyone bar the one we really would've liked to, slipped up today.

We got something of the response hoped for and sounded as though it could've been six or seven. We've created a lot again and time will tell if this profligacy in front of goal is down to opposition-keeper-stormers (and as such, won't occur too often) or something more.

But for Forest Green and their ever present 75th+ minute goal - perfect day for Town!

UTM
Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 11:17pm