Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: HotToddy, October 2, 2015, 7:21pm
I'm just thinking what good value for money it is nowadays. I've just been in and there's the usual pre match interviews and stuff and quite a good interview with Bogle about England, and the highlights from last seasons game against forest green rovers. Plus the quality is now spot on. And i got a half price away shirt. Not bad for 40 quid me thinks.
Posted by: sapper mariner, October 2, 2015, 7:54pm; Reply: 1
You can also link it to your phone via the player app. Something i dont think you could do last season
Posted by: LongEatonMariner, October 2, 2015, 7:55pm; Reply: 2
Just how many Fishy accounts does John Fenty have?!!!!!! ;D
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, October 2, 2015, 8:01pm; Reply: 3
It's decent , , I pay the monthly DD 4 quid something and what makes it even better I give my mate my login details for £2 a month!!

Very good quality now and love the fact it's available on iPhone via the Player App
Posted by: Chrisblor, October 2, 2015, 8:05pm; Reply: 4
It is much improved now.
Posted by: Les Brechin, October 2, 2015, 8:06pm; Reply: 5
I agree, it's great value for money. With the half price shirt offer it works out at less than £20 for the full year and this year the quality of the videos is superb.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, October 2, 2015, 8:54pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Mariner Timsky
It's decent , , I pay the monthly DD 4 quid something and what makes it even better I give my mate my login details for £2 a month!!

Very good quality now and love the fact it's available on iPhone via the Player App

You might not wanna go around telling people you're breaching copyright.
Posted by: GyMariner, October 2, 2015, 9:35pm; Reply: 7
Has something changed? I thought we were contracted to the company with poor quality
Posted by: HotToddy, October 2, 2015, 10:09pm; Reply: 8
Mariners Player was done by a company called perform now its a company called stream UK.

Regards

John  :)
Posted by: LongEatonMariner, October 2, 2015, 11:13pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from HotToddy
Mariners Player was done by a company called perform now its a company called stream UK.

Regards

John  :)

😂😂😂
Posted by: Spidey, October 3, 2015, 12:16am; Reply: 10
Is the half price shirt offer still on?  Can't see any reference to it on the site.
Posted by: mariner83, October 3, 2015, 6:13am; Reply: 11
Ended 31st August I think.
Posted by: Spidey, October 3, 2015, 1:22pm; Reply: 12
I emailed Dale, and he told me to send him a screenshot of my purchase, so looks like there still honouring the half price shirt offer.
Posted by: Tangerine Chris, October 4, 2015, 6:48pm; Reply: 13
Are you kidding about it being good value?

1.  Commentary is from Radio Humberside which you get free online or on DAB Digital
2.  Highlights/goals/players interview clips are always on you tube BEFORE they go on MP
3.  Post Match Interview is on AUDIOBOO long before it appears on MP

All 3 of them are available FREE online, so remind me again why its good value?
Posted by: Rob_in_Grimsby, October 4, 2015, 7:04pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from Tangerine Chris

1.  Commentary is from Radio Humberside which you get free online or on DAB Digital
2.  Highlights/goals/players interview clips are always on you tube BEFORE they go on MP

sorry but 90% of player and manager interviews and highlights are on Mariners player only. its only occasionally do the club put
something  on youtube and that is to entice fans to then subscribe to MP.

Posted by: Abdul19, October 4, 2015, 7:20pm; Reply: 15
One good goal going on YouTube hardly makes MP pointless.
Posted by: HotToddy, October 4, 2015, 7:53pm; Reply: 16
I watched the highlights on MP yesterday Tangerine Chris - when are they on youtube?
Posted by: chaos33, October 4, 2015, 8:18pm; Reply: 17

That's just not correct is it.
Posted by: Tangerine Chris, October 5, 2015, 10:51am; Reply: 18
Quoted from chaos33

That's just not correct is it.

FACT  Audio commentary on Mariners Player is BBC Radio Humberside commentary with JT commentating.
FACT  Paul Hurst Post Match Interview was on BBC Radio Humberside, who loaded it up to AUDIOBOO at 6pm saturday night, only difference with MP is that you can see PH instead of just listening to him.
FACT.  JPPs goal was put on youtube before the highlights appeared on MP.
When a new player comes to the club, their interview is put on GTFCs youtube channel the same time as it is put on MP

So can you please point out where I am not correct?

Posted by: Garth, October 5, 2015, 11:05am; Reply: 19
Ah! but you can also use your membership to visit other sites such as Imps player, Tranmere etc etc , so who wants to do that I hear you cry_______ Me for one :(
Posted by: arryarryarry, October 5, 2015, 11:09am; Reply: 20

Re your point two, only the odd goal or highlights appear on youtube, you make it read like all of them are.  

Posted by: Southwark Mariner, October 5, 2015, 11:26am; Reply: 21
I do get the feeling it's underused by the club but there is much more on Mariners Player than what you get from Humberside and youtube. Humberside only ever broadcast John Tondeur interviewing Hurst after a match, but now and again other people ask him questions. I also enjoy logging into other teams' Player sites to listen to them moan about a defeat etc or them describing why they're loaning a player to GTFC. The extended highlights are rarely on youtube.

It is much better value now that it is reasonable quality. I was thinking about stopping it (although I probably wouldn't have anyway) until they sorted that out.
Posted by: Chrisblor, October 5, 2015, 11:34am; Reply: 22

FACT  Audio commentary on Mariners Player is BBC Radio Humberside commentary with JT commentating.
FACT  Paul Hurst Post Match Interview was on BBC Radio Humberside, who loaded it up to AUDIOBOO at 6pm saturday night, only difference with MP is that you can see PH instead of just listening to him.
FACT.  JPPs goal was put on youtube before the highlights appeared on MP.
When a new player comes to the club, their interview is put on GTFCs youtube channel the same time as it is put on MP

So can you please point out where I am not correct?

Surely through your pedantry you realise that some content is ONLY available through Mariners Player - full-length pre-match interviews (not the edited version broadcast on Humberside), extended highlights and player interviews for example? In addition, you cannot listen to Radio Humberside through regular means if you're located outside the UK. Not all Town fans live in the UK, hence a Player subscription is worth it for them if they want to listen to games.

If someone feels this additional content is worth a subscription they're free to subscribe, much in the same way you're free to get on your high horse about some content being made freely available.

I used to be one of the biggest critics of Mariners Player on here, but they've pulled their finger out now and improved the service no end.
Posted by: chaos33, October 5, 2015, 11:59am; Reply: 23
What arryarrarry said
Posted by: mimma, October 5, 2015, 12:08pm; Reply: 24
Town also get some money out of it. It's less than a fiver a month it's not as it's a fortune ffs.
Posted by: grimsby pete, October 5, 2015, 12:23pm; Reply: 25
Don't forget your half price town shirt. :)
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, October 5, 2015, 12:41pm; Reply: 26
There was recently a campaign on the club website saying "help us reach 1,000 subscribers". If that's true and they've fewer than 1,000 subscribers, then they really can't be making much out of it. Even if the managing company only takes a small percentage, there's very little left over. I'd have thought there'd be more people subscribing, unless a load of people cancelled before they upped the quality.
Print page generated: April 29, 2024, 4:40pm