Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: grimps, October 3, 2015, 5:19pm
And he has to go !
It's that predicable now its becoming a joke,not playing your two top scorers at home is unforgivable.
He has fallen out with every striker that has ever come here and scored goals , its time for him to go rather than proven scorers he forever not playing.
Posted by: OllieGTFC, October 3, 2015, 5:25pm; Reply: 1
And bring who in ???
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, October 3, 2015, 5:27pm; Reply: 2
You are such a drama queen.
Posted by: 120790 (Guest), October 3, 2015, 5:33pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from grimps
And he has to go !
It's that predicable now its becoming a joke,not playing your two top scorers at home is unforgivable.
He has fallen out with every striker that has ever come here and scored goals , its time for him to go rather than proven scorers he forever not playing.

Lenny scored goals and Lenny loved PH

Just saying

Posted by: OllieGTFC, October 3, 2015, 5:34pm; Reply: 4
Far from being a drama queen, we sack hurst and the new manager going to want his own team that's more money we haven't got
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, October 3, 2015, 5:36pm; Reply: 5
Didn't mean you Ollie.
Posted by: grimps, October 3, 2015, 5:37pm; Reply: 6
So we continue to let Hurst fail season after season because we're worried the next manager might also fail ?
We have a proven loser and bottle job already so lets keep him eh
Posted by: 75 (Guest), October 3, 2015, 5:55pm; Reply: 7
Approach Steve Evans on the sly, if he's up for it sack Hurst. If not, keep him for now.
Posted by: nervous norriss, October 3, 2015, 6:01pm; Reply: 8
Are you for real ?
Posted by: Marinerz93, October 3, 2015, 6:49pm; Reply: 9
I wouldn't want Steve Evans here even if it came with a platinum guarantee of a return to league football.
Posted by: ackomariner, October 3, 2015, 7:19pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from 120790

Just saying

I should think he did with the amount of mins played compared to the other strikers.

Just saying
Posted by: barralad, October 3, 2015, 7:35pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from ackomariner

I should think he did with the amount of mins played compared to the other strikers.

Just saying

I'm not entirely sure but I suspect that the striker we have with the best goals to minutes on the pitch this season is JPP.
Posted by: Hagrid, October 3, 2015, 7:36pm; Reply: 12
3 starts 3 goals for jp, who i rate very highly
Posted by: chaos33, October 3, 2015, 7:39pm; Reply: 13
Doing brilliantly JPP.
Posted by: DocTower, October 3, 2015, 7:50pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from Hagrid
3 starts 3 goals for jp, who i rate very highly

His goals come from nothing , individual skill  . Still think he isn't a 90 minute man though .  We need a regular partnership of two or three who know where and how each other plays . This chopping and changing , mix and match , pick and mix policy isn't doing much for me .
Posted by: jonnyboy82, October 3, 2015, 7:55pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
You are such a drama queen.

Why ?

Because you dont agree.
Posted by: headingly_mariner, October 3, 2015, 8:00pm; Reply: 16
Can't believe people are suggesting bringing Evans in. Well in touch early in the season and stringing a bit of a run together.
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, October 3, 2015, 8:00pm; Reply: 17
No, because every time we don't win he goes massively overboard. It'd be like me claiming we're going to win the title after every win. We drew with the league leaders and we're mostly a bit disappointed. Tells me we're not far off where we want to be.
Posted by: jonnyboy82, October 3, 2015, 8:03pm; Reply: 18
No, because every time we don't win he goes massively overboard. It'd be like me claiming we're going to win the title after every win. We drew with the league leaders and we're mostly a bit disappointed. Tells me we're not far off where we want to be.

Well i think and the league table tells you we are quite a bit further away from were we want to be than you would like to think.
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, October 3, 2015, 8:08pm; Reply: 19
7 points? Quite a bit closer than 3 or 4 weeks ago.
Posted by: chaos33, October 3, 2015, 8:11pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from DocTower

His goals come from nothing , individual skill  . Still think he isn't a 90 minute man though .  We need a regular partnership of two or three who know where and how each other plays . This chopping and changing , mix and match , pick and mix policy isn't doing much for me .

I do agree with that. If all three are fit we need to perm Bogle, JPP and Amond and be prepared to forgive one or two misses or the odd slightly below par performance so they can forge mutual understandings and partnerships. Using Tomlinson, who isn't scoring, is completely ruining this for me, and it's just needless. We don't need a loan forward at the moment and it must be pretty demoralising for Bogle and Amond, both of whom have been rattling them in and haven't let anybody down. I don't really understand why Hurst has been fairly clinical, unforgiving and even critical at times of them both.
Posted by: ackomariner, October 3, 2015, 8:13pm; Reply: 21
7 points? Quite a bit closer than 3 or 4 weeks ago.

They have only picked up two points in the last five games so should've been closer than what we are
Posted by: Grim74, October 3, 2015, 9:30pm; Reply: 22
Put me down for Steve Evans I can't take much more of the tripe that comes out of Hurst's mouth he would of rather played forest green whilst they was on their unbeaten run - FFS
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, October 3, 2015, 9:49pm; Reply: 23
Evans would get this town squad up no problem , more than likely being able to add a few decent players along the way too . It'd be good to have a manager who acts like a twa.t with a gob for a change .
Posted by: HertsGTFC, October 3, 2015, 9:53pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from Grim74
Put me down for Steve Evans I can't take much more of the tripe that comes out of Hurst's mouth he would of rather played forest green whilst they was on their unbeaten run - FFS

WTF would Steve Evans come to us?

Posted by: promotion plaice, October 3, 2015, 9:55pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Operation Steve Evans        8)

Posted by: HertsGTFC, October 3, 2015, 10:11pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from promotion plaice

Operation Steve Evans        8)

Ha ha ha ha..............very good. :) :) :) :)

So the fans generate loads of energy and no small amount of cash to deliver something? I am sure that has been done before hopefully that strategy will pay off but from what I have seen this term that looks doubtful,  

Posted by: Mrs Doyle, October 3, 2015, 10:13pm; Reply: 27
FFS Not chubby Evans he would screw this club into the ground no guarantee he would take us up anyway.
Posted by: Rick12, October 3, 2015, 10:19pm; Reply: 28
To be fair I walked away from todays game with a feeling of we should have won.If I wouldent have seen the league table I would have felt Forest Green were a solid good side that came to contain us nothing more nothing less.

Posted by: davmariner, October 3, 2015, 10:20pm; Reply: 29
Evans wouldn't come here. His latest success is getting a club into the Championship. Why would he drop to a non-league club?
Posted by: Grimal, October 3, 2015, 10:22pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from HertsGTFC

He would be able to get his highlights done for free by one of the players. ;)

Posted by: LH, October 3, 2015, 10:24pm; Reply: 31
The Fishy: a dreamworld where people believe a manager sacked by a Championship club would drop to the Conference to replace an as of now employed manager.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, October 3, 2015, 10:30pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from Grimal

He would be able to get his highlights done for free by one of the players. ;)

:)

Posted by: GYinScuntland, October 4, 2015, 5:59am; Reply: 33
Quoted from 75
Approach Steve Evans on the sly, if he's up for it sack Hurst. If not, keep him for now.

And he would be cheap as he only gets paid with brown envelopes by all accounts, allegedly, so someone might or might not have said. Pound a bundle at staples.
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, October 4, 2015, 6:50am; Reply: 34
Although we are only seven points adrift the most worrying aspect is now we are playing the better sides we are only treading water. I was hoping we could make some real progress now we have a spate of top v top games happening with all the top teams.
We seem to have got over slipping up to lower teams be interesting how and who we play against Gateshead. For me Thomo as to be on the bench.
Posted by: jonnyboy82, October 4, 2015, 7:44am; Reply: 35
Steve evans is just exactly the type of manager we need and would give the whole club the kick up the bottom it needs.

Could you imagine hearing him trying to justify a draw away at say a braintree ?

Says it how it is and would get the very best out of this current squad.

Fenty should use whatever is left of the budget to pay hurst off then use whatever is left or even his own money to get him in because lets not forget he is partly the reason we were sent down here in keeping woods after about 150 games without a win and the reason  we are still here by keeping a man who cant get promotion year on year.

Posted by: denni266, October 4, 2015, 8:31am; Reply: 36
I liked the Chubby evans  quote   made me laugh.  but lets face it.. Chubby Brown would do a better job than  ( im worries about the opposition  Hurst )
Posted by: HertsGTFC, October 4, 2015, 10:47am; Reply: 37
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
Although we are only seven points adrift the most worrying aspect is now we are playing the better sides we are only treading water. I was hoping we could make some real progress now we have a spate of top v top games happening with all the top teams.
We seem to have got over slipping up to lower teams be interesting how and who we play against Gateshead. For me Thomo as to be on the bench.

We just don't have the nowse to break sides down. Frustratingly with amongst others Podge, Arnold, Omar, Marshall, Toto, Clay, East etc... set up correctly we possibly have the talent...........What does that tell us I wonder?

Posted by: wycombemariner, October 4, 2015, 2:05pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from Marinerz93
I wouldn't want Steve Evans here even if it came with a platinum guarantee of a return to league football.

What an absolutely ridiculous thing to say.
Posted by: mariner2000, October 4, 2015, 2:16pm; Reply: 39
I absolutely hate Steve Evans but I would take him over PH, completely had enough of the joker
Posted by: Grimal, October 4, 2015, 4:07pm; Reply: 40
Quoted from mariner2000
I absolutely hate Steve Evans but I would take him over PH, completely had enough of the joker

Can't see how you can hate someone I would imagine you perhaps have never met face to face, I know Steve personally, having lived very close to him and his family in Peterborough and ruthless as a manager yes but away from football he is one of the nicest guys you could meet.Don't believe all you hear about the problems at Boston,I was a season ticket holder at Boston for many years,don't forget he was employed by a very rich boss,let's just leave it at that. I would have him here at Town any day of the week. I will add that so far I have been in the pro Hurst camp but my patience is wearing very thin right now and I'm now starting to slip off the fence.I'll be there on Tuesday night giving The team and Hurst my full support as usual,having only missed two games(both away) so far this season. Lets hope we can give The Heed another good thrashing as we did last season at their ground.

Posted by: Rodley Mariner, October 4, 2015, 4:20pm; Reply: 41
It's been asked on other threads but why does anybody think he'd come to us? I'm sure he is a better and clearly more experienced manager than PH which is why he was working in the Championship and PH is still learning his trade in the Conference. It's also why he wouldn't join us.
Posted by: GrimRob, October 4, 2015, 4:20pm; Reply: 42
Quoted from grimps
And he has to go !

Glad you're not Chairman as you'd be getting through six managers a season with your expectations
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, October 4, 2015, 5:06pm; Reply: 43
IMO the key reason we do not create sufficient chances against the better organised sides is for a number of factors:

1 the fact they are better organised
2 we play wingers that rarely go outside their full back & deliver crosses
3 our midfield players lack pace & rarely beat their man so opportunity to create space for front players is restricted
4 our build play quickly becomes slow & predictable, with square and backward passes before either a hurried punt from a centre back or Macca.

As i said ro rectify this on Tuesday I would have a front four of Marshall, Bogle, Almond & Arnold gives us pace and two wide players who can beat a man, although Arnold normally does this when cutting in rather thsn going outside his full back. These (with JPP) as back up and a new midfield player would I believe create those opportunities we need to win the close games. The more defensive capable Monkhouse would be better used in away games which may also help preserve his legs a bit.
Posted by: Posh Harry, October 4, 2015, 6:12pm; Reply: 44
Quoted from Grimal

Can't see how you can hate someone I would imagine you perhaps have never met face to face, I know Steve personally, having lived very close to him and his family in Peterborough and ruthless as a manager yes but away from football he is one of the nicest guys you could meet.Don't believe all you hear about the problems at Boston,I was a season ticket holder at Boston for many years,don't forget he was employed by a very rich boss,let's just leave it at that. I would have him here at Town any day of the week. I will add that so far I have been in the pro Hurst camp but my patience is wearing very thin right now and I'm now starting to slip off the fence.I'll be there on Tuesday night giving The team and Hurst my full support as usual,having only missed two games(both away) so far this season. Lets hope we can give The Heed another good thrashing as we did last season at their ground.

Life is all about opinions. He lived about 100 yards from where I live in peterborough and although I never met him I know several people whose option I trust and everyone of them classes him as an arrogant, aggressive, ignorant , scumbag.

Each to their own!

Posted by: kingster72, October 4, 2015, 6:27pm; Reply: 45
Failure to win on Tuesday would make it just 5 wins out of 15 games which simply ain't good enough, especially as we fans contributed over £100k to Hurst's budget in the summer. Has this been spent?  Whatever, our squad has strikers with goals in them who are benched & Hurst's team selections have clearly cost us points so far, so yeah a win vs Gateshead is a must!
Posted by: Grimal, October 4, 2015, 6:47pm; Reply: 46
Quoted from Posh Harry

Life is all about opinions. He lived about 100 yards from where I live in peterborough and although I never met him I know several people whose option I trust and everyone of them classes him as an arrogant, aggressive, ignorant , scumbag.

Each to their own!

How the hell can you give an opinion when you have never met Steve Evans personally ?. We all hear what a friend of a friend has to say about someone.I bet the same people would say he's a rubbish manager also, It's called jealousy and sorry to say there's loads of that if anyone is doing well for themselves .  He was well liked by everyone that I knew that lived in the same estate in Orton Wistow.

Posted by: ackomariner, October 4, 2015, 7:04pm; Reply: 47
Quoted from Grimal

How the hell can you give an opinion when you have never met Steve Evans personally ?. We all hear what a friend of a friend has to say about someone.I bet the same people would say he's a rubbish manager also, It's called jealousy and sorry to say there's loads of that if anyone is doing well for themselves .  He was well liked by everyone that I knew that lived in the same estate in Orton Wistow.

Whether he's a nice bloke or not, you can't argue with the promotions he's had as a manager.

Never met the bloke so got no problems with him
Posted by: Posh Harry, October 4, 2015, 7:13pm; Reply: 48
Quoted from Grimal

I didn't give a personal opinion of him. I said I know people whose opinion I trust that do have that opinion of him.
Posted by: jonnyboy82, October 4, 2015, 7:16pm; Reply: 49
Quoted from Posh Harry

I didn't give a personal opinion of him. I said I know people whose opinion I trust that do have that opinion of him.

So who actually has the opinion ?
Posted by: Posh Harry, October 4, 2015, 7:20pm; Reply: 50
Quoted from jonnyboy82

So who actually has the opinion ?

Lol. The people I know who are my friends who lived on the same street as him.

As I say life is all about opinions. If we were all the same then life would be a lot duller.
Posted by: denni266, October 4, 2015, 7:21pm; Reply: 51
This forum seems to be getting more and more split over hurst, the time is fast coming  weather we stick with hurst and get another 4 years of pub league. or twist , some keep asking who is out there to replace him, well i bet there is a few that could do a better job, and we will never know unless we twist.. i say twist
Posted by: cmackenzie4, October 4, 2015, 7:23pm; Reply: 52
Quoted from denni266
This forum seems to be getting more and more split over hurst, the time is fast coming  weather we stick with hurst and get another 4 years of pub league. or twist , some keep asking who is out there to replace him, well i bet there is a few that could do a better job, and we will never know unless we twist.. i say twist

http://youtu.be/BqvUkmnDVkM
Posted by: MuddyWaters, October 4, 2015, 7:25pm; Reply: 53
Quoted from Posh Harry

As I say life is all about opinions. If we were all the same then life would be a lot duller.

I'd have Pol Pot as manager if we could guarantee promotion.
Posted by: Grimal, October 4, 2015, 7:33pm; Reply: 54
Quoted from Posh Harry

Ok Posh Harry, give me the initials of the street your friends lived in and I will tell you if they lived on the same street as Steve.That will clear this up once and for all.We will all then see if your friends really know him or just full of Sh1te.
Posted by: Posh Harry, October 4, 2015, 7:37pm; Reply: 55
Quoted from Grimal

Ok Posh Harry, give me the initials of the street your friends lived in and I will tell you if they lived on the same street as Steve.That will clear this up once and for all.We will all then see if your friends really know him or just full of Sh1te.

F A. That is obviously the initials of the street Grimal and not supposed to be abusive!!  ;)
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, October 4, 2015, 7:38pm; Reply: 56
I hadn't realised we were guaranteed another 4 years pub football if he stays. Best get rid.

In other news Denni has been approached by Cameron to help finalise the wording for the EU exit referendum question.
Posted by: Grimal, October 4, 2015, 7:39pm; Reply: 57
Quoted from cmackenzie4

I didn't know Chubby Checker was a football manager. ;)

Posted by: Grimal, October 4, 2015, 7:41pm; Reply: 58
Quoted from Posh Harry

F A. That is obviously the initials of the street Grimal and not supposed to be abusive!!  ;)

Spot on Harry,will just put it down to jealousy then.

Posted by: Posh Harry, October 4, 2015, 7:53pm; Reply: 59
Quoted from Grimal

Spot on Harry,will just put it down to jealousy then.

Fair play mate. He is one of those characters who it seems will always divide opinion.  You are the only person I have heard speak well of him but by the sounds of it you also know him much better than any of the people I am talking about. Always 2 sides to a story and usually of a person (plenty of my mates think I'm a d8ck as well - no comments needed thank you).

I think most people would agree that he is a good football manager though and knows how to get results.
UTM
Posted by: Grimal, October 4, 2015, 8:09pm; Reply: 60
Quoted from Posh Harry

Fair play mate. He is one of those characters who it seems will always divide opinion.  You are the only person I have heard speak well of him but by the sounds of it you also know him much better than any of the people I am talking about. Always 2 sides to a story and usually of a person (plenty of my mates think I'm a d8ck as well - no comments needed thank you).

I think most people would agree that he is a good football manager though and knows how to get results.
UTM

Good reply Harry and sorry, as I don't know you personally I can't give an opinion if you are a d8ck or not but I'll take your mates word for it but I can't trust their opinion as I have never met them, By the way what is a d8ck,is it some sort of cambridgeshire slang. ;)
Posted by: ackomariner, October 4, 2015, 8:14pm; Reply: 61
I hadn't realised we were guaranteed another 4 years pub football if he stays. Best get rid.

In other news Denni has been approached by Cameron to help finalise the wording for the EU exit referendum question.

Won't be an EU exit.....the Tories promised all sorts, which they've now gone back on

So the referendum will go the same way IMO of course
Posted by: Posh Harry, October 4, 2015, 8:53pm; Reply: 62
Quoted from Grimal

Good reply Harry and sorry, as I don't know you personally I can't give an opinion if you are a d8ck or not but I'll take your mates word for it but I can't trust their opinion as I have never met them, By the way what is a d8ck,is it some sort of cambridgeshire slang. ;)

Touché. V good. I green ticked you for that one.
Posted by: Chips44, October 4, 2015, 8:59pm; Reply: 63
Just been reading the Forest Green blog re the game against Town.Lots of the posts criticize the manager for his team selection,also saying the next game is critical.Others say.come on!,we're 2 points clear at the top of the league,wouldn't you accept that before the season started?
Doesn't all this sound familiar?
Posted by: chaos33, October 4, 2015, 9:10pm; Reply: 64
Yeah. What point are you making?
Posted by: Abdul19, October 4, 2015, 9:12pm; Reply: 65
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I'd have Pol Pot as manager if we could guarantee promotion.

The groundsman wouldn't be happy.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, October 4, 2015, 10:53pm; Reply: 66
Quoted from Chips44
Just been reading the Forest Green blog re the game against Town.Lots of the posts criticize the manager for his team selection,also saying the next game is critical.Others say.come on!,we're 2 points clear at the top of the league,wouldn't you accept that before the season started?
Doesn't all this sound familiar?

Not really as we have not been top for months and when we where it was not for long......

Posted by: arryarryarry, October 4, 2015, 10:54pm; Reply: 67
Quoted from 120790

Just saying

He only really scored last season, he was pretty dire prior to that in the goal scoring charts.
Posted by: arryarryarry, October 4, 2015, 10:57pm; Reply: 68
Quoted from OllieGTFC
Far from being a drama queen, we sack hurst and the new manager going to want his own team that's more money we haven't got

You often come one here quoting facts like that but basically you don't have a frigging idea what any new manager would want.,
Posted by: arryarryarry, October 4, 2015, 11:00pm; Reply: 69
Quoted from headingly_mariner
Can't believe people are suggesting bringing Evans in. Well in touch early in the season and stringing a bit of a run together.

You mean we are storming up the league and have reached the dizzy heights of 10th place.
Posted by: arryarryarry, October 4, 2015, 11:02pm; Reply: 70
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
FFS Not chubby Evans he would screw this club into the ground no guarantee he would take us up anyway.

There's no guarantee that any manager will get us up, including Hurst.
Posted by: arryarryarry, October 4, 2015, 11:04pm; Reply: 71
Quoted from denni266
I liked the Chubby evans  quote   made me laugh.  but lets face it.. Chubby Brown would do a better job than  ( im worries about the opposition  Hurst )

And he lives close by. ;)
Posted by: GrimRob, October 4, 2015, 11:07pm; Reply: 72
Quoted from arryarryarry

You mean we are storming up the league and have reached the dizzy heights of 10th place.

We're joint favourites with the bookies now to win the title. You'd never think it though reading some of the posts on here.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, October 5, 2015, 7:14am; Reply: 73
Quoted from GrimRob

We're joint favourites with the bookies now to win the title. You'd never think it though reading some of the posts on here.

Nor from the league table either.
Posted by: Garth, October 5, 2015, 9:17am; Reply: 74
Lose against the Heed  one point from six at home and IMO it will be past a joke
Posted by: Maringer, October 5, 2015, 10:05am; Reply: 75
Win and it will be four points from six.

Draw it will be two points from six.

Thought I ought to just cover all the bases there continuing from the pretty obvious comment that losing at home is a bad thing.
Posted by: jonnyboy82, October 5, 2015, 10:17am; Reply: 76
So genuinely if we draw or lose at home who will then be worried because if i remember correctly only the previous saturday the majority on here said leave it until christmas ..

Interesting.
Posted by: ginnywings, October 5, 2015, 10:33am; Reply: 77
If we draw again, i think i'll spontaneously combust from frustration.
Posted by: LH, October 5, 2015, 10:53am; Reply: 78
In some ways I do think it's slightly unfair to say before the game that a draw isn't good enough. We could have 90% of the ball and the ball not enter our defensive third for the entire game and still draw if they park the bus effectively. Alternatively we might get a last minute equaliser after being outplayed for the majority of the game.

That said though - the season is only getting shorter and these six pointer games won't happen every week. We MUST start with a team closer to what we finished with on Saturday that started with. Too many times this season we have finished with a stronger team than the one we started with.

Even being mostly pro-Hurst I'd say that a failure to win tomorrow night would be another nail in the automatic promotion chances coffin. I know there is plenty of games and time left but we've got to peg the other challengers back when we get the chance because we're not exactly taking all of our chances elsewhere.

I am pretty hopeful we can do it tomorrow though as I think the squad rotation wheel of misfortune is due to land on a strong starting XI.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, October 5, 2015, 1:16pm; Reply: 79
The result makes no immediate difference to the manager. Win and we creep up a little and the manager's stock rises, draw or lose and we slip a little but he still keeps his job. It's 5th October today, if he's sacked on the 7th we wouldn't see a new bloke in post until next month at the soonest.

As far as the game is concerned he will have studied their videos and will pick his team accordingly. I've given up on the hope that one day he might set out the Grimsby stall and let the other lot study our videos.
Posted by: grimsby pete, October 5, 2015, 1:28pm; Reply: 80
The result makes no immediate difference to the manager. Win and we creep up a little and the manager's stock rises, draw or lose and we slip a little but he still keeps his job. It's 5th October today, if he's sacked on the 7th we wouldn't see a new bloke in post until next month at the soonest.

That might not be the case mate,

Fenty might be talking with a replacement today,

Ready to install him for the week end.

Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, October 5, 2015, 2:14pm; Reply: 81
Quoted from grimsby pete

That might not be the case mate,

Fenty might be talking with a replacement today,

Ready to install him for the week end.

Well anything is possible of course Pete, but JF's track record with managers says that he's reactive not proactive. Does he have a contingency plan if the manager leaves one way or another? I very much doubt it personally.

Posted by: ginnywings, October 5, 2015, 4:00pm; Reply: 82
Tomorrow will see us just about a third of the way through the season. Time to start making a bit of headway i hope.
Posted by: Neilo83, October 5, 2015, 4:08pm; Reply: 83
Quoted from GrimRob

The bookies dont go and watch them every game, the table and performances don't lie, we're excrement and we aren't going up AGAIN.. Not unless this clown goes now
Posted by: GrimRob, October 5, 2015, 4:22pm; Reply: 84
Quoted from Neilo83

The bookies dont go and watch them every game, the table and performances don't lie, we're excrement and we aren't going up AGAIN.. Not unless this clown goes now

If you are so convinced then lay Grimsby to win the league!! Don't sit by when there are money-making opportunites.

If PH goes we might as well kiss promotion goodbye for a couple of seasons at least and we'd end up with an untested Chris Doig instead of one of the best proven managers at this level. Madness. People around the country would be shaking their heads in bewilderment if he were to be sacked now.
Posted by: grimsby pete, October 5, 2015, 4:32pm; Reply: 85
Quoted from GrimRob

If you are so convinced then lay Grimsby to win the league!! Don't sit by when there are money-making opportunites.

If PH goes we might as well kiss promotion goodbye for a couple of seasons at least and we'd end up with an untested Chris Doig instead of one of the best proven managers at this level. Madness. People around the country would be shaking their heads in bewilderment if he were to be sacked now.

Liverpool sacked one of the best young managers this week,

I bet they will improve if Herr Klopp gets the job..

There are better managers out there

Posted by: GrimRob, October 5, 2015, 4:52pm; Reply: 86
Quoted from grimsby pete

I bet it won't make much difference at all. Liverpool are only 4 points off second spot, they are never going to win the league whoever is manager, they are a top six club maybe they'll win the league once every 10-20 yaars. Most fans, including a lot of ours, have totally unrealistic expectations of where they should be in the pecking order. Mangers get the sack but everyone accepts most sackings are undeserved and that's why the same managers keep getting reappointed over and over again.
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, October 5, 2015, 5:00pm; Reply: 87
Quoted from grimsby pete

Okay Pete give me the name of a proven, realistic replacement?
Posted by: barralad, October 5, 2015, 5:04pm; Reply: 88

Okay Pete give me the name of a proven, realistic replacement?

Oooh  this should be interesting 8)
Posted by: MeanwoodMariner, October 5, 2015, 5:27pm; Reply: 89
Quoted from GrimRob

A few people on this forum are talking about a sacking being almost imminent. I am not convinced the board will be discussing Hurst's future any more than usual, if at all.

The idea that Hurst has one game to save his job is just simply not true as far as I can tell.
Posted by: easypeersy, October 5, 2015, 5:27pm; Reply: 90
Soon we will all be arguing about whether or not we should be playing in the FA Trophy.
Stop this bickering!
Go to the matches and support the Mighty Mariners!
Don't moan when things go wrong!
Watch us climb the table.

Simple!

Bickering and negativity feeds back to the club, the players, the management.
It is bad in so many ways!
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, October 5, 2015, 5:31pm; Reply: 91
Quoted from MeanwoodMariner

A few people on this forum are talking about a sacking being almost imminent. I am not convinced the board will be discussing Hurst's future any more than usual, if at all.

The idea that Hurst has one game to save his job is just simply not true as far as I can tell.

Agree completely.
Posted by: Hagrid, October 5, 2015, 5:49pm; Reply: 92
There is no realistic better replacement for Hurst out there. We wont find better. 100% sure on this. we are a conference club. We will not find a learning manager with the knowledge and knowhow of PH anywhere else, added to that. The mututal respect he has with his players
Posted by: jonnyboy82, October 5, 2015, 6:02pm; Reply: 93
Hagrid sometimes a club just needs a change after a few years with no success..

And i think we are one of them clubs.
Posted by: grimsby pete, October 5, 2015, 6:52pm; Reply: 94
I would take Steve Evans in a shot,

AND

Before you say he would not come here,

How go you know before we ask him.?
Posted by: barralad, October 5, 2015, 7:06pm; Reply: 95
Quoted from grimsby pete
I would take Steve Evans in a shot,

AND

Before you say he would not come here,

How go you know before we ask him.?

I'm just going to give Brendan Rogers a ring...
Posted by: barralad, October 5, 2015, 7:10pm; Reply: 96
Quoted from Hagrid
There is no realistic better replacement for Hurst out there. We wont find better. 100% sure on this. we are a conference club. We will not find a learning manager with the knowledge and knowhow of PH anywhere else, added to that. The mututal respect he has with his players

Quite how that post has attracted five red crosses is beyond me. We have several players who chose to stay here despite interest elsewhere this season. There is clear respect throughout the club for the levels of knowledge about players and the game itself that Hurst possesses
Posted by: MuddyWaters, October 5, 2015, 7:26pm; Reply: 97
Quoted from barralad

I'm just going to give Brendan Rogers a ring...

Just seen him at Millfields  ;) with his Auntie Clodagh.......
Posted by: Civvy at last, October 5, 2015, 7:30pm; Reply: 98
Quoted from barralad

Quite how that post has attracted five red crosses is beyond me. We have several players who chose to stay here despite interest elsewhere this season. There is clear respect throughout the club for the levels of knowledge about players and the game itself that Hurst possesses

I'm one of those crosses Barra. Not hiding it. As far as I am aware it signifies that I don't agree with that particular post. Which I don't. Nothing more than that. I am not in the Hust out camp. But If I feel he should go, I won't be swayed by the 'there's no-one else out there' arguement. Him and Shouty were a gamble and relatively unknown.  Let's all hope it doesn't come to it. But fear factor is no reason to keep someone not up to the job.
Posted by: Grim74, October 5, 2015, 7:34pm; Reply: 99
We lose tomorrow the axe must fall, Hurst is the conference equivalent to Rogers he talks a good game and comes across as if he knows what he's doing but without success, time for a new manager with fresh ideas drawing closer.
Posted by: ackomariner, October 5, 2015, 7:35pm; Reply: 100
Quoted from Civvy at last

I'm one of those crosses Barra. Not hiding it. As far as I am aware it signifies that I don't agree with that particular post. Which I don't. Nothing more than that. I am not in the Hust out camp. But If I feel he should go, I won't be swayed by the 'there's no-one else out there' arguement. Him and Shouty were a gamble and relatively unknown.  Let's all hope it doesn't come to it. But fear factor is no reason to keep someone not up to the job.

Good post, and a tick from me  :)
Posted by: jonnyboy82, October 5, 2015, 7:47pm; Reply: 101

Quality post and great point.
Posted by: ginnywings, October 5, 2015, 7:47pm; Reply: 102

Totally agree, though i didn't give a cross.  :X

There will come a point where Hurst either gets us promoted or we try someone else. It's inevitable, though we are not at that point yet.
Posted by: big al, October 5, 2015, 8:01pm; Reply: 103
Quoted from barralad

I think that quite a few fans see him as a little bit arrogant - I don't mind that about him really. I think he thinks he still has it all under control with 32 games to go. I think he probably has. His inability to recognise when he might have got something wrong doesn't rub me up the wrong way (the same reason I like Wenger) (oh dear wait for all the posts saying I said PH was as good as Wenger) I like the fact that he has confidence and believes he knows best - he's understated but he's the boss. I bet if you asked the players who they'd want in charge he would get a huge vote of confidence.

I am out on the far wing of the Hurst in faction. Look at the table - it's not great but no team has lost fewer games than us and we're a side that we all know can beat anyone - are they firing on all cylinders - no. Does PH seem to play it too safe sometimes - yes. Is this rhetorical questioning style annoying - probably.

but I am still keeping the faith and believe we will get promoted this year. If we don't then I guess he has to go - even I'll agree with that.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, October 5, 2015, 8:16pm; Reply: 104
Quoted from big al

I think that quite a few fans see him as a little bit arrogant - I don't mind that about him really. I think he thinks he still has it all under control with 32 games to go. I think he probably has. His inability to recognise when he might have got something wrong doesn't rub me up the wrong way (the same reason I like Wenger) (oh dear wait for all the posts saying I said PH was as good as Wenger) I like the fact that he has confidence and believes he knows best - he's understated but he's the boss. I bet if you asked the players who they'd want in charge he would get a huge vote of confidence.

I am out on the far wing of the Hurst in faction. Look at the table - it's not great but no team has lost fewer games than us and we're a side that we all know can beat anyone - are they firing on all cylinders - no. Does PH seem to play it too safe sometimes - yes. Is this rhetorical questioning style annoying - probably.

but I am still keeping the faith and believe we will get promoted this year. If we don't then I guess he has to go - even I'll agree with that.

And whilst I'm a Hurst out if this negative team selection/playing for draws/dropping leading scorers/over-respecting the opposition continues, I have total respect for the points you've made. However 5 wins at this stage of the season is not good enough for a team with our aspirations that were fired up by the fund-raising, the Wembley injustice and pre-season.

I think the problem is a mindset - PH doesn't like not keeping clean sheets - as he was a defender, I can understand his mentality. However, the frustration lies with the attacking options he chooses not to use, the substitutions he seems to delay and the regular slow starts we seem to make to each 45 minutes.

Am I saying I want him gone, probably not. I thought that Wembley and the lead up to it bought him another go at it but there has to come a time when someone decides that he's had enough chances if he is not ultimately successful. As Barra has said earlier if the opposition scores 2, I'll be happy if we score 3 - and I believe that this group of players is capable of playing that way.
Posted by: big al, October 5, 2015, 8:42pm; Reply: 105
Quoted from MuddyWaters

And whilst I'm a Hurst out if this negative team selection/playing for draws/dropping leading scorers/over-respecting the opposition continues, I have total respect for the points you've made. However 5 wins at this stage of the season is not good enough for a team with our aspirations that were fired up by the fund-raising, the Wembley injustice and pre-season.

I think the problem is a mindset - PH doesn't like not keeping clean sheets - as he was a defender, I can understand his mentality. However, the frustration lies with the attacking options he chooses not to use, the substitutions he seems to delay and the regular slow starts we seem to make to each 45 minutes.

Am I saying I want him gone, probably not. I thought that Wembley and the lead up to it bought him another go at it but there has to come a time when someone decides that he's had enough chances if he is not ultimately successful. As Barra has said earlier if the opposition scores 2, I'll be happy if we score 3 - and I believe that this group of players is capable of playing that way.

It's good to see this kind of debate on the fishy - I agree with an awful lot of your post. He is too safe - at Chester he brought on JPP 10/15 minutes too late - if he'd been on earlier we would have won that game. Think we all want the same thing. Can't say I understand him not playing our strikers either - like Bogle but think Amond is an even more potent and constant threat who can really get under a defences skin.

Think PH just needs to let go a bit more and hand it over to the players.
Posted by: kingster72, October 5, 2015, 9:03pm; Reply: 106
Quoted from easypeersy
Soon we will all be arguing about whether or not we should be playing in the FA Trophy.
Stop this bickering!
Go to the matches and support the Mighty Mariners!
Don't moan when things go wrong!
Watch us climb the table.

Simple!

Bickering and negativity feeds back to the club, the players, the management.
It is bad in so many ways!

The majority of fans do go to games, 5000 home fans on Saturday is tremendous!  What will help us climb the table is wins, what will stop the bickering is wins.  When things go wrong, we have absolutely every right to moan.  The fans built up so much positivity in the summer, when it could have been all gloom, PH and Fenty are the only ones who bring the negativity, not us fans!
Posted by: barralad, October 5, 2015, 11:05pm; Reply: 107

Fair play However I would point out that that argument only formed part of the post. For me that is subjective at the very least. We don't know what is out there because we aren't looking. The bit I was thinking about (as I thought I'd expressed in my reply) was the knowledge the guy has of the game and the respect he has of the professionals working under him. For both of those there is compelling evidence. Perhaps he should have written two posts. :)
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, October 6, 2015, 3:48am; Reply: 108
What the hell sort of message does "We don't know what is out there because we aren't looking." send to Hurst and the players?
Whilst he is in charge at least give him and the team your support.

The players obviously respect the manager who I would argue are a much tighter unit than we have seen for years.

This probably is the last season he will get to take us up but a bit of support would be nice.

We are in a good position just 7 points adrift at this stage going into winter is GOOD in my opinion.

Stands by for a massive reaction if we don't win tonight.
Posted by: oldun, October 6, 2015, 7:46am; Reply: 109
Quoted from Grim74
We lose tomorrow the axe must fall, Hurst is the conference equivalent to Rogers he talks a good game and comes across as if he knows what he's doing but without success, time for a new manager with fresh ideas drawing closer.

An opinion but nonsense none the less. As for comparing with Rodgers, there none.
Posted by: barralad, October 6, 2015, 8:09am; Reply: 110
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
What the hell sort of message does "We don't know what is out there because we aren't looking." send to Hurst and the players?
Whilst he is in charge at least give him and the team your support.

The players obviously respect the manager who I would argue are a much tighter unit than we have seen for years.

This probably is the last season he will get to take us up but a bit of support would be nice.

We are in a good position just 7 points adrift at this stage going into winter is GOOD in my opinion.

Stands by for a massive reaction if we don't win tonight.

Err I don't mind being called out for being too supportive but not supportive?? I suggest you re-read my post and this time put it into context! Ta.
Posted by: Garth, October 6, 2015, 9:57am; Reply: 111
Let's get away from this idea that different opinions regarding the management is self destructive,  its a job unlike yours and mine if I had one (retired) and is in the public eye and as such is open to general comment to the thousands that are just more than a little bit interested.
All this comes with the job the highs and the lows,  and as the saying goes "if you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen,  PH seems to be his own man which may or may not decide his future,  up till now it's sort of working but not as efficiently as most of us want or expect.
Doig on the other hand seems to be too sensitive to message board gossip for his own good in the managerial stakes you have to be thick skinned to survive in management
Posted by: arryarryarry, October 6, 2015, 9:58am; Reply: 112
Quoted from Hagrid

I don't want a learning manager, I want someone who knows what the frig he is doing.
Posted by: denni266, October 6, 2015, 10:36am; Reply: 113
Quoted from Hagrid

May as well just give in then.. flood the park and lets have a decent fishing pond in town.. never heard such a load of old cods wollop
Posted by: Hagrid, October 6, 2015, 11:12am; Reply: 114
Quoted from denni266

May as well just give in then.. flood the park and lets have a decent fishing pond in town.. never heard such a load of old cods wollop

what do you suggest then!? name me a manager who will come in and get us promotion?

only have to read the codswallop that comes from the hurst out brigade and theres the biggest load ive ever read

My opinion, Hurst is the right man for us, your opinion is that he isn't, you wont change your mind, I wont change mind, just get on with it
Posted by: wycombemariner, October 6, 2015, 11:23am; Reply: 115
Quoted from Grimal

You sir are an idiot!  We've seen how he behaves at BP, he was kicked out the ground for felicitations sake!  Based on what i've seen with my own eyes at home and at away grounds, my personal opinion of him, which i am entitled to, is that he is a prize a sharp object!  I would still gladly have him as manager right now (never thought I'd say it though) because his record in his chosen career is pretty decent at this level.  DOesn't mean I have to bloody like him though.

In fact you seem so far up his arris, I wonder if you are him or a very close relation?

Oh and lets not forget that he was found GUILTY!  so even if you belive it wasn't him and it was "rich owners" he was still found guilty and he served his ban!  You can't deny the facts!
Posted by: big al, October 6, 2015, 11:23am; Reply: 116
We have a manager who is a little too cautious but he wants to play football. That for me is very important as a Town fan. I fear someone new is likely to be someone who doesn't mind what type of football we play and that will be a sad day if we throw away that vision. Our defenders have more finesse in their game than many other team's midfield and we should be proud of that. If I had one piece of advice for PH and he would listen (no chance) - I would say, hand over the game to the players more - tell them to go out and express themselves and impose themselves on the opposition - we have no one to fear.
Posted by: ackomariner, October 6, 2015, 2:33pm; Reply: 117
Quoted from barralad

Err I don't mind being called out for being too supportive but not supportive?? I suggest you re-read my post and this time put it into context! Ta.

I was going to reply to her at 4.15am when I got up for work, but thought I'd leave you to it  ;)

Posted by: oldun, October 6, 2015, 2:38pm; Reply: 118
Quoted from big al
We have a manager who is a little too cautious but he wants to play football. That for me is very important as a Town fan. I fear someone new is likely to be someone who doesn't mind what type of football we play and that will be a sad day if we throw away that vision. Our defenders have more finesse in their game than many other team's midfield and we should be proud of that. If I had one piece of advice for PH and he would listen (no chance) - I would say, hand over the game to the players more - tell them to go out and express themselves and impose themselves on the opposition - we have no one to fear.

I agree with much of this. PH has extended our unbeaten run by tightening the defensive side of the game. This has meant Mackreth and Monkhouse in wide positions and we have lost some attacking flair as a result. Marshall and Arnold provide that but leave the flanks exposed. I also think this is the reason Tomlinson and JPP have been playing lately as PH wants the strikers to work harder when they do not have the ball. However we have sacrificed some of our striking threat, which is why fans do not like the formation so much, especially at home where I think we can be more adventurous and get at teams early.
Posted by: grimps, October 6, 2015, 2:54pm; Reply: 119
Quoted from oldun

I agree with much of this. PH has extended our unbeaten run by tightening the defensive side of the game. This has meant Mackreth and Monkhouse in wide positions and we have lost some attacking flair as a result. Marshall and Arnold provide that but leave the flanks exposed. I also think this is the reason Tomlinson and JPP have been playing lately as PH wants the strikers to work harder when they do not have the ball. However we have sacrificed some of our striking threat, which is why fans do not like the formation so much, especially at home where I think we can be more adventurous and get at teams early.

Gaining draws by sacrificing our attack is not going to win us the league , we'd be better off going for the win and losing the odd game
Posted by: ivanosandwich, October 6, 2015, 3:00pm; Reply: 120
Quoted from grimps

Gaining draws by sacrificing our attack is not going to win us the league , we'd be better off going for the win and losing the odd game

Whaaat? "Losing the odd game". Can you imagine the meltdown on here if we were to "lose the odd game".

I bet Rob's been lucky to keep it going after we draw with the top of the table team.
Posted by: WokingMariner, October 6, 2015, 3:28pm; Reply: 121
He obviously not even close to getting the sack (7 match unbeaten run is it and a win off the play-offs, 5000+ at the last home game, just drawn with the leaders who have a League 2 squad and budget). What is the point of these endless debates?
Posted by: Civvy at last, October 6, 2015, 3:35pm; Reply: 122
Quoted from WokingMariner
He obviously not even close to getting the sack (7 match unbeaten run is it and a win off the play-offs, 5000+ at the last home game, just drawn with the leaders who have a League 2 squad and budget). What is the point of these endless debates?

The point of them is that on a forum, people go to state their opinions. I don't particularly disagree with you. But those that do have a right to say so.  
Posted by: grimsby pete, October 6, 2015, 3:42pm; Reply: 123
Quoted from WokingMariner

It would be a boring forum if we all agreed about everything,

As long as posters are not abusive to each other,

It's  a good discussion.

We all want the same thing but some of us have different views to others on how we get it.
Posted by: the driver, October 6, 2015, 3:44pm; Reply: 124
We win tonight 6.0 sack him we draw sack him we lose sack him we have players sent off sack him they have players off sack him he has a scrap with the ref sack him something I have missed ?
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, October 6, 2015, 3:44pm; Reply: 125
Well said W/M but there will be complete melt down if we fail to win (god forbid) tonight. If we win it will just be another stay of execution until the next draw or loss this is so fecking depressing, I thought supporting your team was suppose to be through the bad times?? (it's hardly that) as well as the good times.
Posted by: grimsby pete, October 6, 2015, 3:50pm; Reply: 126
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
Well said W/M but there will be complete melt down if we fail to win (god forbid) tonight. If we win it will just be another stay of execution until the next draw or loss this is so fecking depressing, I thought supporting your team was suppose to be through the bad times?? (it's hardly that) as well as the good times.

What's the point of a forum if you can not air your views,?

It does not mean you are not supporting the club if you have different idea's  how we achieve success.
Posted by: DickBarton, October 6, 2015, 4:03pm; Reply: 127
(yawn)(yawn)(yawn)(yawn)(yawn)(yawn)
Posted by: Mariner1980, October 6, 2015, 4:05pm; Reply: 128
We will win.
Posted by: Grimal, October 6, 2015, 4:12pm; Reply: 129
Quoted from wycombemariner

You sir are an idiot!  We've seen how he behaves at BP, he was kicked out the ground for felicitations sake!  Based on what i've seen with my own eyes at home and at away grounds, my personal opinion of him, which i am entitled to, is that he is a prize a sharp object!  I would still gladly have him as manager right now (never thought I'd say it though) because his record in his chosen career is pretty decent at this level.  DOesn't mean I have to bloody like him though.

In fact you seem so far up his arris, I wonder if you are him or a very close relation?

Oh and lets not forget that he was found GUILTY!  so even if you belive it wasn't him and it was "rich owners" he was still found guilty and he served his ban!  You can't deny the facts!

Don't patronize me with your sir, and I don't take lightly to being called an idiot. You are entitled to your opinion on my post and of Steve Evans but on one hand you are saying what a terrible person he is and then saying you would gladly have him here as our manager. The opinion I gave about him was from personal experience and I say as I find and no I'm not him and not a relation.The one thing I will add, he is a very passionate manager for the teams he manages and this sometimes gets the better of him as it does quite a few managers and also can to be said about us the supporters.I think if I was a football manager I would have been thrown out of several grounds.

Posted by: rancido, October 6, 2015, 4:28pm; Reply: 130
Quoted from Grim74

Didn't Rodgers get Swansea promoted to the Premiersh*t ?He spent several years in Spain studying coaching methods and was also Chelsea's reserve team coach under " The Special One ". Not exactly without some success.
Posted by: Les Brechin, October 6, 2015, 5:15pm; Reply: 131
There's about as much chance of Paul Hurst getting the Liverpool job as what there is Steve Evans coming here.
Posted by: 1mickylyons, October 6, 2015, 5:24pm; Reply: 132
Quoted from grimsby pete

What's the point of a forum if you can not air your views,?

It does not mean you are not supporting the club if you have different idea's  how we achieve success.

Pete no offence but you swing from one opinion to the opposite every other game if all fans were like you we would be changing Manager every Month.Like you I am not Hursts biggest fan I feel he is far too negative but the simple fact is the overwhelming silent majority must support him or Hurst Out chants would be heard every home game.Never heard or felt that in the ground plenty of mutterings especially from my seat but vast majority are behind him mate.Like you say the forum is probably the best way of airing any grievances it doesn't disrupt the team on the pitch but frankly how a draw against the team top of the League causes such hysteria is just laughable.Again failure to beat Gateshead massively disappointing but does it warrant change on Oct 6th dunno like many others I would not be upset?
Posted by: Madeleymariner, October 6, 2015, 5:41pm; Reply: 133
But if we want win the league we need to beat the teams above us-Gateshead, why anyone  would you be happy if we cannot beat a small club like Gateshead at home then they have very low expectations.
Posted by: 1mickylyons, October 6, 2015, 5:44pm; Reply: 134
Quoted from Madeleymariner
But if we want win the league we need to beat the teams above us-Gateshead, why anyone  would you be happy if we cannot beat a small club like Gateshead at home then they have very low expectations.

I sort of agree but we are were we are and Gateshead are in the same League as us on merit and likewise above us in the table on merit.You don't get points for crowds/history sadly it`s all about what they do onb the pitch and the answer so far is NOT ENOUGH.
Posted by: grimsby pete, October 6, 2015, 6:52pm; Reply: 135
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Pete no offence but you swing from one opinion to the opposite every other game if all fans were like you we would be changing Manager every Month.Like you I am not Hursts biggest fan I feel he is far too negative but the simple fact is the overwhelming silent majority must support him or Hurst Out chants would be heard every home game.Never heard or felt that in the ground plenty of mutterings especially from my seat but vast majority are behind him mate.Like you say the forum is probably the best way of airing any grievances it doesn't disrupt the team on the pitch but frankly how a draw against the team top of the League causes such hysteria is just laughable.Again failure to beat Gateshead massively disappointing but does it warrant change on Oct 6th dunno like many others I would not be upset?

If you read my posts Micky please point out where I have said he should be sacked now,

I have said on a few occasions that after 15 or so games is the right time to look if he will get us up,

OR

We should look elsewhere,

I am neither a Hurst fan or Hurst out man but a fence sitter,

I do not see the point of waiting to it's too late to get promotion before we look elsewhere,

I love the club and want success, I hope Hurst can give that and take us back into the football league,

BUT

I have my doubts and it's Hurst's own fault because of his selection polices,

Plus he keeps bulling up the opposition , let them worry about what we are going to do to them,

Instead of fearing what they might do to us.

As I have said before after tonights game and the one at Braintree will be the time to make a decision,

If we do well good let him continue,

However if we fail to gain at least 4 pts then let someone else have a go.

Sorry if I confuse people but its better than saying I have 100% faith in him,

OR

I don't care what he does I want him out,

I will be as happy as anybody if Hurst proves he is the man.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, October 6, 2015, 8:31pm; Reply: 136
Quoted from 1mickylyons

If they are silent, how can you assume they agree with you?
Posted by: KingstonMariner, October 6, 2015, 8:32pm; Reply: 137
Quoted from grimps

Mathematically you are correct. If we average 2 wins in every 3, plus a few draws we'd end up as champions.
Posted by: LondonMariner43, October 6, 2015, 10:03pm; Reply: 138
Well that was a waste of 14 pages.  Glad I didn't bother to read it all..
Posted by: nightrider, October 6, 2015, 10:09pm; Reply: 139
This sort of thread could be our lucky omen
Lets have a 'Fail to beat Braintree'
Posted by: lukeo, October 6, 2015, 11:25pm; Reply: 140
we didn't fail. thread over.
;)
Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 11:40pm