Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, October 3, 2015, 9:50pm
Getting a good battering on home soil ha ha
Posted by: Maringer, October 3, 2015, 9:53pm; Reply: 1
Not quite sure why you should be pleased to see England lose, but we were well-beaten by the Aussies tonight.

I reckon they are the best team I've seen in this tournament so my money would be on them for the trophy. In fact, I might well put my B365 winnings from tomorrow on them!
Posted by: HertsGTFC, October 3, 2015, 9:55pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
Getting a good battering on home soil ha ha

Are you a jock?

Posted by: louth_in_the_south, October 3, 2015, 9:56pm; Reply: 3
Er no !
Posted by: LH, October 3, 2015, 9:57pm; Reply: 4
The manliest men around were made to look like boys. They must have put too much effort into singing the anthem or something.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, October 3, 2015, 9:59pm; Reply: 5
Er no !

A Taffy?

Posted by: Rodley Mariner, October 3, 2015, 9:59pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from LH
The manliest men around were made to look like boys. They must have put too much effort into singing the anthem or something.

It was all very gentlemanly and sporting though as 90,000 people howled and booed to try and put off the Aussie kicker.
Posted by: jonnyboy82, October 3, 2015, 10:00pm; Reply: 7
England choke in tournament shocker.
Posted by: promotion plaice, October 3, 2015, 10:04pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

It was all very gentlemanly and sporting though as 90,000 people howled and booed to try and put off the Aussie kicker.

Twickenham's capacity is 82,000...... ;)

Posted by: HertsGTFC, October 3, 2015, 10:04pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from jonnyboy82

If memory serves me right football, rugby and cricket teams all fail in the group stage of the last work cups?

Posted by: 97 (Guest), October 3, 2015, 10:04pm; Reply: 10
Can't stand rugby. Is it a Lincolnshire thing? Never played it at my school. Don't know the first thing about it. Not bothered either.
Posted by: Maringer, October 3, 2015, 10:05pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from jonnyboy82

You're not far wrong there.

To be fair, we were completely outplayed tonight. We choked against Wales last weekend.
Posted by: nightrider, October 3, 2015, 10:12pm; Reply: 12
I had a tenner on the Aussies to win. Wish Id put my house on it. Never in doubt was it?
Lets face it, the only reason they won that WC was due to Jonny Wilkinson.
Granted, I know absolutely nothing about Rugby

Odds were 5/4....
Posted by: ginnywings, October 3, 2015, 10:29pm; Reply: 13
England + World Cup = failure. Any sport really.
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, October 3, 2015, 10:32pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from promotion plaice

Twickenham's capacity is 82,000...... ;)

Tinpot 😉

I actually really wanted them to win and I like watching it (went to Italy vs Canada last Saturday and really enjoyed it). However, I can very easily get over them losing by simply thinking about the disappointed chinless wonders populating Twickenham tonight.
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, October 3, 2015, 11:02pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from HertsGTFC

A Taffy?

Er no
Posted by: HertsGTFC, October 3, 2015, 11:08pm; Reply: 16

Er no

And clearly not English ?
Posted by: KingstonMariner, October 4, 2015, 12:28am; Reply: 17
I like the game. I used to like l playing it at school. I wasn't good enough at football but I could "do" rugby. I quite like watching it, though I wouldn't go out of my way. I like to see England win.

Having said that, all the supercilious, superior attitude a lot of rugger-buggers display towards football gives the last two results a slight twinge of pleasure. Yes there's stuff we could learn, but don't overdo it Oliver, or Josh or Susan.

Living in SW London this past 20-odd years you come across plenty of the male masturbators. In their pristine white shirts on days when England play. Half of them were previously "dedicated" England (football) fans. Now they've found something else. And pretty soon they'll be searching for the next thing that will fill that void of missing community, missing the point again. A big chunk of the other half in their too big for town BMW 4x4s. It's "a family game, but you and your family can get out of my way".

Then there's the hypocrisy. You never hear of rugby fans pissing in people's front gardens do you? Littering the streets. Throwing up. Being rowdy. They're just "good natured".

Then this time round, to make matters worse, all the overblown adverts that infest football tournaments, big brands who "share your passion" have infected the airwaves around this one.  Well there'll be a good few less people to "share the passion" with after tonight.  ;D

So tonight I'm quite happy about that.
Posted by: Abdul19, October 4, 2015, 2:28am; Reply: 18
THE PLAYERS NEED MORE PASHUN!!!!!1
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, October 4, 2015, 5:18am; Reply: 19
Last week end they did not choke they went for the win and it back fired on that last Peno against Wales.
Posted by: Trawler, October 4, 2015, 5:26am; Reply: 20
Not good enough. Relieved we're out - no more fixture clashes with Town. And after watching 95 mins of nerve wracking football at home where my team regularly fail to deliver to their potential I really don't need 85 mins of England egg chasers doing the same.  My heart isn't strong enough.
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, October 4, 2015, 8:30pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from HertsGTFC

And clearly not English ?

er.. Yes .

I'd be more gutted if we got beat at dominoes by Germany tbh
Posted by: lee65, October 4, 2015, 8:34pm; Reply: 22
I like it Louth, take the Germans on at 5's and 3's  ;), I'm sure BT sport might pick it up too
Posted by: arryarryarry, October 4, 2015, 9:54pm; Reply: 23
Rugby Uniozzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Posted by: HertsGTFC, October 4, 2015, 10:49pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from KingstonMariner
I like the game. I used to like l playing it at school. I wasn't good enough at football but I could "do" rugby. I quite like watching it, though I wouldn't go out of my way. I like to see England win.

Having said that, all the supercilious, superior attitude a lot of rugger-buggers display towards football gives the last two results a slight twinge of pleasure. Yes there's stuff we could learn, but don't overdo it Oliver, or Josh or Susan.

Living in SW London this past 20-odd years you come across plenty of the male masturbators. In their pristine white shirts on days when England play. Half of them were previously "dedicated" England (football) fans. Now they've found something else. And pretty soon they'll be searching for the next thing that will fill that void of missing community, missing the point again. A big chunk of the other half in their too big for town BMW 4x4s. It's "a family game, but you and your family can get out of my way".

Then there's the hypocrisy. You never hear of rugby fans pissing in people's front gardens do you? Littering the streets. Throwing up. Being rowdy. They're just "good natured".

Then this time round, to make matters worse, all the overblown adverts that infest football tournaments, big brands who "share your passion" have infected the airwaves around this one.  Well there'll be a good few less people to "share the passion" with after tonight.  ;D

So tonight I'm quite happy about that.

Tennis usually welcomes those "white shirts" After playing league and a bit of Union for a few years I coached Youth rugby union for 8 years at the local club more to see some lads who could have dropped off the straight and narrow building some self respect and feeling part of something rather than the love of the game and yes there is loads of hypocrisy as this game has plenty of idiots who cant drink for sh1t. The stuffy boys club politics even drips down to club level which is partly why I cant even watch the game now.

Loads if similarities with the rugby set up and the soccer set up at international level in that its a pro game that is a still basically run by amateurs in blazers. As an Englishman I like to watch England win at anything apart from tennis.      
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, October 5, 2015, 2:00pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Tennis usually welcomes those "white shirts" After playing league and a bit of Union for a few years I coached Youth rugby union for 8 years at the local club more to see some lads who could have dropped off the straight and narrow building some self respect and feeling part of something rather than the love of the game and yes there is loads of hypocrisy as this game has plenty of idiots who cant drink for sh1t. The stuffy boys club politics even drips down to club level which is partly why I cant even watch the game now.

Loads if similarities with the rugby set up and the soccer set up at international level in that its a pro game that is a still basically run by amateurs in blazers. As an Englishman I like to watch England win at anything apart from tennis.      

Sounds like there's no love lost there then?  ;)
Print page generated: April 29, 2024, 1:13am