Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: GrimRob, October 6, 2015, 10:26pm
Hills and Bet Victor have made Grimsby clear favourites for the title now!

We are going up, say we are going up (clap)(coolp)
Posted by: mariner91, October 6, 2015, 10:29pm; Reply: 1
Long way to go but it looks a lot better tonight than it did three or four weeks ago. 4 points off top, we've stopped leaking goals and we're unbeaten in 8. The exciting thing is, it's almost unanimous on here and the rest of the web that we can get better still! UTM
Posted by: speedy, October 6, 2015, 10:32pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from mariner91
Long way to go but it looks a lot better tonight than it did three or four weeks ago. 4 points off top, we've stopped leaking goals and we're unbeaten in 8. The exciting thing is, it's almost unanimous on here and the rest of the web that we can get better still! UTM

Aldershot fan tomorrow!
Posted by: GrimRob, October 6, 2015, 10:41pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from speedy

Aldershot fan tomorrow!

Aldershot til half nine
I'm Aldershot til half nine
I know I am
I'm sure I am
Posted by: LH, October 6, 2015, 10:47pm; Reply: 4
#WillHillKnows
Posted by: KingstonMariner, October 6, 2015, 11:12pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from GrimRob

Aldershot til half nine
I know I am
I'm sure I am

;D ;D ;D
Posted by: Brisbane Mariner, October 7, 2015, 12:11am; Reply: 6
Come on Aldershot! Torquay Let us down though! Southern Nancy boys! 8) 8)
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, October 7, 2015, 1:05am; Reply: 7
Latest form home and away for the last 8 matches.

Link >> [url=http://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/national/form/eight]http://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/national/form/eight[/url]

[img]http://i.imgur.com/lAI3XHp.png[/img]
Posted by: lukeo, October 7, 2015, 7:31am; Reply: 8
really? how are we favourites?
Cheltenham  seem to be doing well and I'd say there's still not much between us and tranmere. I obviously want us to go up and feel like it's our year but I just find it strange how the tide changes so quickly with the bookies.
in saying that (slightly off subject) it sometimes makes you wonder, did anyone see the odds on the arsenal v man u game? no one call tell me united have ever been that big of odds in the past however many years?
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, October 7, 2015, 8:55am; Reply: 9
Quoted from Nelly GTFC
Latest form home and away for the last 8 matches.

Link >> [url=http://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/national/form/eight]http://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/national/form/eight[/url]

[img]http://i.imgur.com/lAI3XHp.png[/img]

Languishing behind Bromley FFS.
Posted by: Les Brechin, October 7, 2015, 9:28am; Reply: 10
Quoted from lukeo
really? how are we favourites?
Cheltenham  seem to be doing well and I'd say there's still not much between us and tranmere. I obviously want us to go up and feel like it's our year but I just find it strange how the tide changes so quickly with the bookies.
in saying that (slightly off subject) it sometimes makes you wonder, did anyone see the odds on the arsenal v man u game? no one call tell me united have ever been that big of odds in the past however many years?

Quite surprising really that Bet365 now have us at 11/4 but have Cheltenham at 7/1.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/non-league/national-league/winner
Posted by: gtfc98, October 7, 2015, 10:01am; Reply: 11
Quoted from Les Brechin

Quite surprising really that Bet365 now have us at 11/4 but have Cheltenham at 7/1.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/non-league/national-league/winner

They've obviously noticed that Cheltenham have Harry Pell and Danny Parslow in their side. Must just be a blip. Expect them to finish mid table.
Posted by: GrimRob, October 7, 2015, 11:45am; Reply: 12
Cheltenham definitely the value bet IMHO
Posted by: highcliff mariner, October 7, 2015, 12:35pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from GrimRob
Cheltenham definitely the value bet IMHO

Only if they win it ?
Posted by: carrot top, October 7, 2015, 12:45pm; Reply: 14
I expect it to be a 4 way scrap between us, Forest Green, Tranmere and Cheltenham. Anybody's out of the 4 really. A good run by any of them now could put them in the box seat
Posted by: GrimRob, October 7, 2015, 12:53pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from highcliff mariner

Only if they win it ?

Not really. Let's say you put a bet on Cheltenham to win the league and the price shortens considerably. You then can use your potential winnings to back other teams around them and bet on them to win the league. The idea is you win whatever happens. That's what I did and am still doing on this year's Baseball and I am developing a position in several long-term foootball markets. You need to start with a bet which is "value", i.e. a price you think will shorten over time.
Posted by: barralad, October 7, 2015, 10:52pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from GrimRob

Not really. Let's say you put a bet on Cheltenham to win the league and the price shortens considerably. You then can use your potential winnings to back other teams around them and bet on them to win the league. The idea is you win whatever happens. That's what I did and am still doing on this year's Baseball and I am developing a position in several long-term foootball markets. You need to start with a bet which is "value", i.e. a price you think will shorten over time.

You need to get out more... :)
Posted by: KingstonMariner, October 8, 2015, 12:44am; Reply: 17
Quoted from GrimRob

Sounds risky using money you haven't got yet (and not guaranteed to get) to bet on something else which is also not guaranteed to win. So if you've misjudged your original "value" bet and it really is an 11:1 shot and it doesn't come home. Yes you might win one of the other teams you've backed but you'd also have to balance that against the stakes on the all other bets which you've lost.

Or have I misunderstood?
Posted by: highcliff mariner, October 8, 2015, 7:30am; Reply: 18
Quoted from GrimRob

That's a joke right . ? This time next year an all that ,there is only one eventual winner in that gambling lark .
Posted by: DocTower, October 8, 2015, 8:06am; Reply: 19
We loose one game and it will be back to doom and gloom . Mugs game gambling , like you say , only one winner .
Posted by: chaos33, October 8, 2015, 8:31am; Reply: 20
Surely FGR will be reinstalled as favourites now they've restored their 7 point lead?
Posted by: Caesar, October 8, 2015, 8:44am; Reply: 21
Quoted from chaos33
Surely FGR will be reinstalled as favourites now they've restored their 7 point lead?

Yup, we are now second favourites again!  

[url]http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/non-league/national-league/winner[/url]
Posted by: GrimRob, October 8, 2015, 9:21am; Reply: 22
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Sounds risky using money you haven't got yet (and not guaranteed to get) to bet on something else which is also not guaranteed to win. So if you've misjudged your original "value" bet and it really is an 11:1 shot and it doesn't come home. Yes you might win one of the other teams you've backed but you'd also have to balance that against the stakes on the all other bets which you've lost.

Or have I misunderstood?

That's why you only ever put a relatively small bet down as a marker. If you lose it's a trivial amount, Once the odds move in your direction then you start putting down a lot more money.
Posted by: GrimRob, October 8, 2015, 9:25am; Reply: 23
Quoted from highcliff mariner

That's a joke right . ? This time next year an all that ,there is only one eventual winner in that gambling lark .

97% of people lose at betting, 3% win. The last four years I have won and there seems little chance of me losing this year considering how much I am up and we're 80% of the way through the year. Winning is not guaranteed of course but most people bet in a way that there is very little chance of them winning long term,
Posted by: Rick12, October 8, 2015, 10:58am; Reply: 24
Quoted from Caesar

Yup, we are now second favourites again!  

[url]http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/non-league/national-league/winner[/url]
Site I use as well and what I like about it is it has a spread of all the bookies.Having said that there is nothing in it looking at these odds

Posted by: GYinScuntland, October 8, 2015, 7:28pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from GrimRob

97% of people lose at betting, 3% win. The last four years I have won and there seems little chance of me losing this year considering how much I am up and we're 80% of the way through the year. Winning is not guaranteed of course but most people bet in a way that there is very little chance of them winning long term,

I only bet on footy but one of my wives used to pick horses because of their cute names, she won and won and won and won...
Posted by: rancido, October 8, 2015, 8:24pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from GYinScuntland

I only bet on footy but one of my wives used to pick horses because of their cute names, she won and won and won and won...

How many do you have?
Posted by: GYinScuntland, October 8, 2015, 8:37pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from rancido

How many do you have?

None now, got rid of both of them. Mind you... there's a hell of a bulge in the patio.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, October 8, 2015, 10:00pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from GrimRob

97% of the 3% are bookmakers.
Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 12:55pm