Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: chaos33, October 8, 2015, 4:44pm
Just been on RH that JPP has a hamstring injury and is a major doubt for Saturday. We have a few knocks evidently. He's the one Hurst specified.
Posted by: Mariner_09, October 8, 2015, 4:58pm; Reply: 1
No real surprise that he's injured. Guessing Brown will play if Diz is injured. Wonder who the other knocks are: Monkhouse? Gowling?
Posted by: Maringer, October 8, 2015, 4:59pm; Reply: 2
A pity that. He's been in a good run of form, though looked a bit out of sorts to me on Saturday. Hopefully nothing too serious unlike the injury last season which kept him out a couple of months.

Hmmm. I wonder if we'll see a Tomlinson/Bogle or Tomlinson/Amond partnership on Saturday? Bogle might well benefit from playing off another striker instead of being expected to lead the line. I'd perhaps try Tomlinson/Amond from the start with Bogle to come off the bench.

I'd guess the severity of the injury will decide whether or not Hurst thinks he needs to bring in another striker on loan.
Posted by: Abdul19, October 8, 2015, 5:00pm; Reply: 3
Is Brown anywhere near fit?
Posted by: MuddyWaters, October 8, 2015, 5:25pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from Abdul19
Is Brown anywhere near fit?

He didnt look it in the Dave Moore sprint session on Tuesday night.
Posted by: Tommy, October 8, 2015, 6:20pm; Reply: 5
I'll be amazed if Brown plays, he won't be close to being match-fit yet.

JPP's replacement will probably mean another new partnership (assuming BT keeps his place) so will be intrigued to see how BT/OB or BT/PA link up.
Posted by: ginnywings, October 8, 2015, 6:33pm; Reply: 6
No great surprise that JPP has done his hamstring again, which i why i think we definitely need a 4th striker on board, either permanent or long loan. Disley was feeling his back on Tuesday night and i hope he's not out as we are really short in midfield with Brown's prolonged absence. Braintree away is not a fixture to go into with a patched up side.
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, October 8, 2015, 7:43pm; Reply: 7
Unfortunately for jpp it's a matter of when not if his hamstring goes . His career has been blighted by it . Must be very frustrating for him .
Posted by: lukeo, October 8, 2015, 9:22pm; Reply: 8
can't gowling play on centre mid? :)
Posted by: Madeleymariner, October 8, 2015, 9:28pm; Reply: 9
Knowing Hurst he will put Arnold up front with Tomlinson and bring McKreth back in :(
Posted by: moosey_club, October 8, 2015, 10:28pm; Reply: 10
i dont think it would be wise to try a fresh partnership up top, Bogle and Amond reunited from the off  for me.
Posted by: Sigone, October 8, 2015, 11:02pm; Reply: 11
Tomlinson & Amond for me:- not keen on Bogles crypted tweets that make him sound like he's spat his dummy out if read a certain way.
Posted by: Mrbump53, October 9, 2015, 12:37pm; Reply: 12
Thought the midfield played well on Tuesday so keep as is unless there are some other injuries. We still have 3 strikers so why push someone from midfield into the front?

NA caused so many problems from the midfield so would be tempted to kee him there. However. I am not the manager!!

Either way I will be keeping my positive attitude and hoping for 3 points!

UTM !
Posted by: mariner paul, October 9, 2015, 4:54pm; Reply: 13
More lovely tinkering for Mr Hurst me thinks
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, October 9, 2015, 5:27pm; Reply: 14
I hope Monkhouse is one of those with a knock give Marshall a chance to cement his place in the side so we actually have someone with pace on the left who can support Robertson instead of being there to win a few headers in we are lucky
Posted by: Madeleymariner, October 9, 2015, 6:44pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from Mrbump53
Thought the midfield played well on Tuesday so keep as is unless there are some other injuries. We still have 3 strikers so why push someone from midfield into the front?

NA caused so many problems from the midfield so would be tempted to kee him there. However. I am not the manager!!

Either way I will be keeping my positive attitude and hoping for 3 points!

UTM !

Exactly so what better reason would you need for Hurst to play  NA somewhere else  >:(
Posted by: Maringer, October 9, 2015, 8:02pm; Reply: 16
I hope Monkhouse is one of those with a knock give Marshall a chance to cement his place in the side so we actually have someone with pace on the left who can support Robertson instead of being there to win a few headers in we are lucky

I seem to remember reading that Braintree are a big, strong team. Monkhouse could be very useful helping to defend set pieces so I'd start with him if he's fit. Bring Marshall on to add pace in the second half as necessary.
Posted by: chaos33, October 9, 2015, 10:45pm; Reply: 17
I think it's a defo that Monkhouse will start for that reason. I also think he'll go for Bogle over Amond. Only change I see him making if everyone but JPP is fit.
Posted by: Maringer, October 9, 2015, 11:59pm; Reply: 18
I personally think he will go with Amond over Bogle. I suppose a lot depends on how well the various combinations of forwards have worked together in training.
Posted by: chaos33, October 10, 2015, 12:40am; Reply: 19
I hope he does select Amond. If it were up to me, Amond would be a starter most games.
Print page generated: April 29, 2024, 11:53pm