Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: W.T.F, October 13, 2015, 9:33pm
Thank you padraig for justifying all the fans faith in you....fans 1 hurst 0 :)
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, October 13, 2015, 9:41pm; Reply: 1
I love the idea that a 7-0 win that makes us unbeaten in 10 teaches Hurst a lesson.

I don't remember a single poster mentioning Paddy until he was signed. By PH.
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, October 13, 2015, 9:42pm; Reply: 2
hasn't he been injured?  
Posted by: W.T.F, October 13, 2015, 9:44pm; Reply: 3
Because all them draws are as bad as a few defeats when u rack up points lost through negative tactics and your best goalscorers on the bench....simples
Posted by: LondonMariner43, October 13, 2015, 9:46pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from Southwark Mariner
hasn't he been injured?  

Yes
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, October 13, 2015, 9:46pm; Reply: 5
We just won 7-0 at home to make us unbeaten in 10 and you rush to have a go at our manager  ;D
Posted by: LondonMariner43, October 13, 2015, 9:47pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from W.T.F
Because all them draws are as bad as a few defeats when u rack up points lost through negative tactics and your best goalscorers on the bench....simples

Your best goalscorer who is coming back from injury.  We saw last season what happened to Robertson when he played too soon after injury (at Wembley).  Fine for the last game of the season in a play off final. Not fine for one third through the season when all still to play for....

Posted by: big al, October 13, 2015, 9:48pm; Reply: 7
I think it's naive not to see Hurst's hand in this result tonight, regarding the performance of Amond and Bogle. If he doesn't play them he's an idiot. If they play and boss it - it proves he's an idiot. Hurst out!
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, October 13, 2015, 9:53pm; Reply: 8
Win 7-0 and still moan about hurst... This is why I love this club  :o
Posted by: 935 (Guest), October 13, 2015, 9:53pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from W.T.F
Thank you padraig for justifying all the fans faith in you....fans 1 hurst 0 :)

I wonder, did you listen to amond on the radio just now?

Awwwwkward....
Posted by: Balthazar Bullitt, October 13, 2015, 9:54pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
Win 7-0 and still moan about hurst... This is why I love this club  :o

This  * 100
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, October 13, 2015, 9:58pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from 935

I wonder, did you listen to amond on the radio just now?

Awwwwkward....

What was said?
Posted by: chaos33, October 13, 2015, 10:03pm; Reply: 12
Bizarre thing to say. In what way was it awkward? It was an excellent interview. Amond was articulate, humble and loyal to his manager and team mates.
Posted by: 935 (Guest), October 13, 2015, 10:04pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

What was said?

Amond said he understood why he d been left out of the team, and that he needed to add some aggression to his game and both he and omar needed to learn to work harder,  he learned that from Tomlinson who works hard and puts himself about and JP... very pleased to be back in the team!
Posted by: Meza, October 13, 2015, 10:04pm; Reply: 14
he said

if you dont bloody play me i cant bloody score haha
Posted by: 935 (Guest), October 13, 2015, 10:06pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from chaos33
Bizarre thing to say. In what way was it awkward? It was an excellent interview. Amond was articulate, humble and loyal to his manager and team mates.

Awkward for the fella that was trying to say how he was right and hurst was wrong, hence the forum title...
Posted by: lukeo, October 13, 2015, 10:09pm; Reply: 16
let's move on. we're 10 unbeaten and just won 7-0, let's group together and move on
choo choo
Posted by: chaos33, October 13, 2015, 10:09pm; Reply: 17
Nah, I didn't pick that up Paddy.
Posted by: Rik e B, October 13, 2015, 10:11pm; Reply: 18
So perhsps it was a grand masterplan from Hurst then to gee them both up further "you're not undroppable and I need you to work as hard as this guy."

Genius. Hurst is king again  8)
Posted by: ginnywings, October 13, 2015, 10:12pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from chaos33

That was my take on it too.

Have to say that Halifax were dire and Tomlinson would probably have scored a couple if he'd started but Amond was top draw.
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, October 13, 2015, 10:12pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from chaos33
Nah, I didn't pick that up Paddy.

I did.
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, October 13, 2015, 10:16pm; Reply: 21
Good to hear. Sounds like exactly what you'd want him to say. I have to say that the idea that PH is a terrible man-manager doesn't really tally with the way players like Mckeown, Pearson and Disley have been loyal to him or the atmosphere that seems to exist in the squads he builds.
Posted by: Rik e B, October 13, 2015, 10:20pm; Reply: 22
Perhaps sometimes he's cruel to be kind and they either ship up or ship out. When they ship up they would run through walls for each other.

This shouldn't be the knock Hurst childish 'I told you so thread'

but the downright Podge is God I wanna have his kids thread  ;D :X
Posted by: HackneyHaddock, October 13, 2015, 10:24pm; Reply: 23
What a moany, miserable typically Fishy, typically Grimsby opening post.
Posted by: 935 (Guest), October 14, 2015, 9:03am; Reply: 24
Quoted from ginnywings

That was my take on it too.

Have to say that Halifax were dire and Tomlinson would probably have scored a couple if he'd started but Amond was top draw.

sorry, shouldnt have used humour, and should have spelled that out for you Ginny, I just forgot...
Posted by: WokingMariner, October 14, 2015, 9:07am; Reply: 25
No thanks to PH for not rushing him back from his injury
Posted by: ginnywings, October 14, 2015, 9:13am; Reply: 26
Quoted from 935

sorry, shouldnt have used humour, and should have spelled that out for you Ginny, I just forgot...

Cheers. Sorry too for not picking up on your razor sharp wit...................... :-/
Posted by: excusebeef, October 14, 2015, 9:20am; Reply: 27
I also found Hurst's interview just as interesting when talking about Tomlinson post match. Almost similar to Hannah last year in that the guy seems infectious in the dressing room, supportive of all the players and works his socks off. Fans have no clue about which players are a good influence off the field. If we are to get out of this league, we need the players supporting one another. Fans moaning at the manager/tactics/booing players that are held in high regard from those inside the squad etc certainly won't help. Reality is we're 10 unbeaten having come off the back of a run of playing amost of the top teams, we're right in contention, we're joint top scorers, and the defence is back in the top 6 for this division after a sluggish start. It appears that those people who say give the team time to gel are spot on.
Posted by: diehardmariner, October 14, 2015, 9:42am; Reply: 28
Quoted from excusebeef
I also found Hurst's interview just as interesting when talking about Tomlinson post match. Almost similar to Hannah last year in that the guy seems infectious in the dressing room, supportive of all the players and works his socks off. Fans have no clue about which players are a good influence off the field. If we are to get out of this league, we need the players supporting one another. Fans moaning at the manager/tactics/booing players that are held in high regard from those inside the squad etc certainly won't help. Reality is we're 10 unbeaten having come off the back of a run of playing amost of the top teams, we're right in contention, we're joint top scorers, and the defence is back in the top 6 for this division after a sluggish start. It appears that those people who say give the team time to gel are spot on.

Absolutely!  

Posted by: barralad, October 14, 2015, 10:03am; Reply: 29
Quoted from excusebeef

A very good point. This isn't Grimsby Sunday League where you moan because you don't play every week and you have a word with your manager cos he's your best mate rubbishing the performance of the lad that replaces you.
I suspect it is the fundamental difference between amateurs and professionals...
Print page generated: April 29, 2024, 7:56am