Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: MuddyWaters, October 13, 2015, 10:13pm
For Diz, outstanding again in spite of looking like he's just gone 10 rounds with Tyson, strolled it, bossed it and didn't put a foot wrong.
Posted by: Lambretta Mariner, October 13, 2015, 10:15pm; Reply: 1
I have to say Brown looked ok too.
Posted by: jonnyboy82, October 13, 2015, 10:18pm; Reply: 2
How about one for paul too for throwing amond and bogle in.
Posted by: Mariner16, October 13, 2015, 10:19pm; Reply: 3
Chucking one in for Macca here too. Two clean sheets after that disaster last tuesday. Very pleased with that it'll help his confidence.
Posted by: cmackenzie4, October 13, 2015, 10:22pm; Reply: 4
Totally agree, he was outstanding tonight, he's a town legend imo.
Posted by: Meza, October 13, 2015, 10:22pm; Reply: 5
how many games now has diz played for town? 200 odd
Posted by: grimsby pete, October 13, 2015, 10:23pm; Reply: 6
Special word for all concerned,

Now lets all stop calling each other and the manager,

AND

Get behind the squad that will hopefully take us up.
Posted by: Maringer, October 13, 2015, 10:23pm; Reply: 7
Disley absolutely cruised through the game tonight. Picked up everything that came his way in midfield and barely put a foot wrong. Brown not too bad either and a very good game from Clay. Let's hope they can all keep it up against the stronger opposition.
Posted by: Rik e B, October 13, 2015, 10:23pm; Reply: 8
Definately Jonny.

On Dizza -dam good to see Brown back in the fray because we can't expect a thirty - something senior of the squad to keep up this level right the way through? -I wouldn't totally put it past him though, just be nice to have the option of a bit of rest here and there.
Posted by: ginnywings, October 13, 2015, 10:49pm; Reply: 9
What a great pro Disley is. We were saying at the game how good he is and he's one of those players that just seems to know where to be and when.
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, October 13, 2015, 10:51pm; Reply: 10
Conor Townsend looked sheer class as well.
Posted by: jaymariner, October 13, 2015, 10:58pm; Reply: 11
Special word for amond too with a part to play in EVERY goal. Outstanding
Posted by: Harry Haddock, October 13, 2015, 11:10pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Meza
how many games now has diz played for town? 200 odd

Not far. Think its around 190

Edit: 196 according to Soccer Base. So not far off 200
Posted by: Tommy, October 13, 2015, 11:17pm; Reply: 13
Not that he has many poor games, but that was as good as I've seen Disley for a while.

Excellent, everywhere. First to the ball, in the air, on the ground, winning headers, winning tackles, moving the ball nice and quick.
Posted by: LH, October 13, 2015, 11:23pm; Reply: 14
And he did it all with one eye tonight too.
Posted by: Biccys, October 13, 2015, 11:48pm; Reply: 15
Agreed. Diz was immense, Townsend aggressive and skilful, Amond everywhere, Bogle strong and quick, Clay disruptive and aggressive in the tackle, both centre halves commanding. Discography mention to Hurst for playing the 2 up front that many of us have been craving. Top night.
Posted by: diehardmariner, October 14, 2015, 9:29am; Reply: 16
This season Disley has looked the best I've ever seen him.  

I would go as far as saying he's the best individual midfielder in this league.   If Clay/Brown can get 50% of the consistency that Disley brings, we'll have no worries about our midfield.  

Thought Clay had one of those games where he recognised his physical abilities and opened his strides up and began to carry the ball 20-30 yards from our own half to near their area.  That's what he's best at, that's what we need him to do.  

Brown looked tidy when he came on and very eager.  Nice little assist for Amond at the end too.  
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, October 14, 2015, 9:53am; Reply: 17
Couldn't  make it last night as was out reffing. The guy in the middle was a Football League Ref and has taken charge of Town games a number of times. With regard to this thread, he said Disley was among the best captains he'd worked with had nothing but praise for him.
Posted by: A Brace Of Tees, October 14, 2015, 10:18am; Reply: 18
Disley is one of those players who has the knack of being in the right place at the right time. Not just in midfield but also getting forward when he senses a goalscoring opportunity. People keep referring to his age, but that kind of instinctive play actually improves for certain players as they get older.
Posted by: maxfox44, October 14, 2015, 10:23am; Reply: 19
I also found it refreshing our play once Monkhouse went off.  At times we actually played it longer for runners, instead of directly on the Abbey's head.  I know that Hellifax were awful, but it was entertaining.
Posted by: Mariner1980, October 14, 2015, 10:23am; Reply: 20
I think we have a great pairing in Disley and Clay.
Posted by: mariner91, October 14, 2015, 12:49pm; Reply: 21
Dizza has been great this season. We still need Clay to be more consistent, on his day he is great but in too many games he doesn't do it.
Posted by: Rick12, October 14, 2015, 1:15pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from MuddyWaters
For Diz, outstanding again in spite of looking like he's just gone 10 rounds with Tyson, strolled it, bossed it and didn't put a foot wrong.
Doesnt surprise me.To be fair to the lad one of our best technical players in the side and still going strong in his 30s.Keep it up Disley

Posted by: Rick12, October 14, 2015, 1:19pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from diehardmariner
This season Disley has looked the best I've ever seen him.  

I would go as far as saying he's the best individual midfielder in this league.   If Clay/Brown can get 50% of the consistency that Disley brings, we'll have no worries about our midfield.  

Thought Clay had one of those games where he recognised his physical abilities and opened his strides up and began to carry the ball 20-30 yards from our own half to near their area.  That's what he's best at, that's what we need him to do.  

Brown looked tidy when he came on and very eager.  Nice little assist for Amond at the end too.  
Yes when you look at Disleys track record before playing for us there is some continuity there which for me stands as a sign of success.Glad he is doing it with us now as well
Print page generated: April 29, 2024, 4:12pm