Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, November 23, 2015, 5:36am
Please enter your nomination for last week....
Posted by: grimps, November 23, 2015, 10:55am; Reply: 1
Jeremy Corbyn
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, November 23, 2015, 11:18am; Reply: 2
Floodlight manufacturers
Posted by: Hagrid, November 23, 2015, 11:41am; Reply: 3
Lady Colin Campbell
Posted by: LongEatonMariner, November 23, 2015, 11:48am; Reply: 4
Non celebrities on celebrity TV programmes. The level of celebrity on there I expect Big Chris on the next series.
Posted by: grimsby pete, November 23, 2015, 11:51am; Reply: 5
Blatter ( I nearly died )
Posted by: AdamHaddock, November 23, 2015, 12:31pm; Reply: 6
NELC
Posted by: excusebeef, November 23, 2015, 1:09pm; Reply: 7
NELC for me too
Posted by: Dan, November 23, 2015, 1:20pm; Reply: 8
Jamie Clarke
Posted by: Chrisblor, November 23, 2015, 1:25pm; Reply: 9
Steve Beasant

I hardly think NELC commissioning and publishing a detailed examination of potential stadium sites warrants twit of the Week status. Moaning about a possible regeneration project before any plans have been announced on the misguided belief it would result in anti-social behavior in one of the UK's most deprevived wards, currently rife with anti-social behavior, certainly does merit the twit of the Week award though.
Posted by: horsforthmariner, November 23, 2015, 1:57pm; Reply: 10
NELC for commissioning a report and then ignoring it's findings and inserting the joint bottom ranked site
Posted by: Grim74, November 24, 2015, 8:54am; Reply: 11
North East lincs labour run council
Posted by: diehardmariner, November 24, 2015, 9:52am; Reply: 12
Quoted from horsforthmariner
NELC for commissioning a report and then ignoring it's findings and inserting the joint bottom ranked site

The report looked at the options presently available, of which there are very few - hence the bizarre addition of the B&Q site into the mix.

The council are looking beyond the report and looking at using the stadium as part of a bigger regeneration plan.  If they ignored Freeman Street they would be failing in their duty to the area.

Forget how Freeman Street looks at present and the problems that currently exist such as the road network.  If the stadium is built there as part of a regeneration programme, the area would be completely unrecognisable.  
Posted by: ackomariner, November 24, 2015, 10:06am; Reply: 13
Quoted from diehardmariner

The report looked at the options presently available, of which there are very few - hence the bizarre addition of the B&Q site into the mix.

The council are looking beyond the report and looking at using the stadium as part of a bigger regeneration plan.  If they ignored Freeman Street they would be failing in their duty to the area.

Forget how Freeman Street looks at present and the problems that currently exist such as the road network.  If the stadium is built there as part of a regeneration programme, the area would be completely unrecognisable.  

What like they've ignored it for the last 25 years, hence the state of the place now.

Peaks Parkway for me all day long , ticks all the boxes
Posted by: diehardmariner, November 24, 2015, 10:15am; Reply: 14
Yeah, I don't disagree that the council and councillors over the previous years have let the area down with their negative thinking.  Quite frankly it has left us stuck in the Dark Ages.  

But on this subject, I think they're doing the right thing.  I can't condemn them for that.

Fair enough that's how you feel about Peaks Parkway.  For me, it just doesn't tick anywhere near enough boxes.  
Posted by: ackomariner, November 24, 2015, 11:32am; Reply: 15
Yeah, I don't disagree that the council and councillors over the previous years have let the area down with their negative thinking.  Quite frankly it has left us stuck in the Dark Ages.  

But on this subject, I think they're doing the right thing.  I can't condemn them for that.

Fair enough that's how you feel about Peaks Parkway.  For me, it just doesn't tick anywhere near enough boxes.  

Fair comment dhm  :)
Posted by: Civvy at last, November 24, 2015, 12:59pm; Reply: 16
Anyone that hijacks the TOTW thread to discuss a topic well documented on other threads  ;) !!
Posted by: diehardmariner, November 24, 2015, 2:26pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from Civvy at last
Anyone that hijacks the TOTW thread to discuss a topic well documented on other threads  ;) !!

;D
Posted by: excusebeef, November 25, 2015, 1:44pm; Reply: 18

So what site ticks your boxes? Surely you see the need to support the clubs model of housing and enabling development? Any other site would either be too small, or take too long to get the dam thing built
Posted by: CairnsMariner, November 26, 2015, 2:52pm; Reply: 19
Donald Trump.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, November 26, 2015, 5:20pm; Reply: 20
April Major for banning 'muslins'.

What's she got against plain weave cotton fabric anyway?  ;D
Posted by: Abdul19, November 26, 2015, 5:58pm; Reply: 21
Probably still angry about her husband nobbing Edwina Currie.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, November 26, 2015, 10:37pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from Abdul19
Probably still angry about her husband nobbing Edwina Currie.

I bet Edwina Currie is still angry about that too. Probably seemed like a good career move at the time.  ;D
Posted by: 75 (Guest), November 28, 2015, 8:44am; Reply: 23
The A1 and the M1 'car parks' for making me 'work' for my money this week which is a rarity I can tell ya.
Posted by: Tradjazz, November 28, 2015, 9:29am; Reply: 24
Moyses - Lincoln Manager
:)
Print page generated: April 29, 2024, 10:37pm