Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Tom13, November 26, 2015, 3:13pm
Town Twitter says there'll be an announcement at 3.30, a new loan signing presumably? I'd imagine Jones extending his loan or a CM
Posted by: Tom13, November 26, 2015, 3:30pm; Reply: 1
Conor Henderson, midfielder from Crawley joins, ex-Arsenal I think?
Posted by: ivanosandwich, November 26, 2015, 3:30pm; Reply: 2
Conor Henderson from Crawley according to JT.
Posted by: Meza, November 26, 2015, 3:36pm; Reply: 3
Centre mid apparently
Posted by: ginnywings, November 26, 2015, 3:41pm; Reply: 4
Final piece of the jigsaw hopefully.
Posted by: Welwynmariner, November 26, 2015, 3:41pm; Reply: 5
Great news, but what's going on? Does this mean some are leaving? :-/
Posted by: ginnywings, November 26, 2015, 3:48pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Welwynmariner
Great news, but what's going on? Does this mean some are leaving? :-/

Push for promotion hopefully. Hurst said he will only bring in players that will improve the side, so i'm all for it. If he's better than we have, then that's tough on the player he replaces. McKreth is finding that out at the moment.

Henderson looked a promising youngster for Arsenal before getting a bad injury and has slowly dropped down the leagues since. A familiar story but he obviously has pedigree. Skinny sod though.  ;D
Posted by: BPMariner, November 26, 2015, 3:54pm; Reply: 7
Says he's played for Ireland U21s and there a great goal on there

http://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/article/crawley-midfielder-joins-town-2820947.aspx
Posted by: grimsby pete, November 26, 2015, 3:57pm; Reply: 8
Will take him a few games to get match fit as he has not played a lot lately,

Big lad 6ft  1in did not look too skinny on the photo's I looked at Ginny,

We are really going for it now, a really strong squad in all positions,

Our crowd funding money has really helped I think.

Must be all gone now though.
Posted by: ginnywings, November 26, 2015, 4:03pm; Reply: 9
http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Conor%2BHenderson%2BBarnet%2Bv%2BArsenal%2BPre%2BSeason%2BOFuxbOjHCArl.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.zimbio.com/photos/Conor%2BHenderson/Barnet%2Bv%2BArsenal%2BPre%2BSeason%2BFriendly/OFuxbOjHCAr&h=594&w=371&tbnid=frodxfAIsF4iKM:&tbnh=160&tbnw=99&usg=__-VxCgYeKoqBPdGwkJ28cH8yxYAs=&docid=ifzBDsurqnIoKM&itg=1

Looks a bit waif-like here but may have filled out since then.
Posted by: DocTower, November 26, 2015, 4:06pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from ginnywings

If you looked at Peter Crouch you wouldn't think he was as good as he is .
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, November 26, 2015, 4:32pm; Reply: 11
(ohmy)

[youtube]cZVQMawIr1s[/youtube]
Posted by: Davec, November 26, 2015, 4:38pm; Reply: 12
Seems that he once had massive potential, obviously not worked out, obviously he has something about him,

has potential to be a cracking signing
Posted by: pontoonlew, November 26, 2015, 4:46pm; Reply: 13
Arsene Wenger once said he expected him to break into the first team at some point. It's a big drop down the leagues for him and this could be an excellent signing.
Posted by: psgmariner, November 26, 2015, 5:04pm; Reply: 14
En-do-son!!!!
Posted by: Rik e B, November 26, 2015, 5:06pm; Reply: 15
Got a good feeling about this one (and Alabi tbh), could really help push us on. Yes, Hursty said there was moolah left in the coffers and now it's being put to use. Quite wise to leave a bit in reserve and later evaluate where would be best used.

High quality youngsters might be where it's at what with Townsend and Jones doing the business. Hopefully altogether our trump card to ace title rivals!
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, November 26, 2015, 5:14pm; Reply: 16
Yeah like this one a lot another dead ball expert as well this team is really shaping up nicely competition in all areas now excluding Macca's.
Posted by: Tommy, November 26, 2015, 5:15pm; Reply: 17
His contract with crawley expires on December 31st so an easy one to sign for longer if he impresses.
Posted by: Chrisblor, November 26, 2015, 5:16pm; Reply: 18
I "RELISH" this signing
Posted by: Rik e B, November 26, 2015, 5:20pm; Reply: 19
Uh oh. :K)
Posted by: LondonMariner43, November 26, 2015, 5:48pm; Reply: 20
Our central midfield is a bit thin if we get injuries and suspensions so this is a good move.

Hurst really planning ahead for the busy schedule.

I already thought our strength in depth would be an asset in the 2nd half of the season.  Even more so now.
Posted by: grimsby pete, November 26, 2015, 5:55pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from ginnywings

He was only a boy then Ginny he is a man now  ;)
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, November 26, 2015, 5:56pm; Reply: 22
He adds a little height in midfield which we lack a little bit, looks a decent signing hopefully
Posted by: Abdul19, November 26, 2015, 5:57pm; Reply: 23
Bet we've never had 2 Conors before.
Posted by: grimsby pete, November 26, 2015, 6:33pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from Abdul19
Bet we've never had 2 Conors before.

We have had loads of Corners this year though. ;)
Posted by: ginnywings, November 26, 2015, 6:36pm; Reply: 25
The good thing about these signings from clubs higher up the leagues is that we will become a trusted club for these sorts of deals with promising young players. If they come here and have a good spell and get treated right, then it augurs well for future signings.
Posted by: Rik e B, November 26, 2015, 6:38pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from grimsby pete

...not done a lot with them mind...

Posted by: Nelly GTFC, November 26, 2015, 7:04pm; Reply: 27
When Henderson completes his loan spell with us, his 6 month contract extension with Crawley will be finished.  Possible long term signing?

16th June 2015 (6 month contract) >> [url=http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33150650]http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33150650[/url]
Posted by: moosey_club, November 26, 2015, 7:30pm; Reply: 28
left footer if that goal is anything to go by...adds a bit of balance.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, November 26, 2015, 7:57pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from grimsby pete

Including Tom!
Posted by: stevethefish, November 26, 2015, 8:00pm; Reply: 30
Very impressed with this. Momentum is being created. Well done Paul and John
Posted by: Hertsmariner, November 26, 2015, 8:43pm; Reply: 31
I suppose the obvious question to ask is: how will PH use his new recruits, bearing in mind the brevity of their loan periods? I can imagine both will figure in the FA Trophy game and may well be on the 7-man bench for the Shrewsbury game, but what do you suppose is his thinking for e.g. Saturday, given that both Pittman and Bogle are 'chomping at the bit' and Brown is a tried and tested midfielder awaiting his chance again-and what about Macreth, who perhaps seems destined to drop out of the match day squad altogether, if Eastleigh is in any way a predictor? I can well understand PH wanting to cover the busy Christmas period particularly, mindful that the loan window is now closed, but does anyone envisage that either Alibi or Henderson are ready-made merit-worthy replacements for members of the present side which is acquitting itself so well at present?
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, November 26, 2015, 9:08pm; Reply: 32
Couple of decent looking signings by the look of them that should always ensure that injuries or suspensions will always be covered by like for like cover .
Posted by: ginnywings, November 26, 2015, 9:10pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from moosey_club
left footer if that goal is anything to go by...adds a bit of balance.

Yeah, we were short on Catholics.  ;)
Posted by: DickBarton, November 26, 2015, 9:36pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from stevethefish
Very impressed with this. Momentum is being created. Well done Paul and John

(thumbup1)
Posted by: The_Laughing_Mariner, November 26, 2015, 9:38pm; Reply: 35
I suppose if deals can be done in the January window for the ikes ofTownsend, Jones, Alabi,and or Henderson then some players could be leaving.  No point in having players who will constantly get nowhere near the bench let alone the team.  Be great if we could get some of them even till the end of the season.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, November 26, 2015, 10:46pm; Reply: 36
Good to have extra cover. Will wait to see how he turns out though. Same with Alabi.

My preference would be for them to be subs at least at the start, unless Hurst is confident they will make an instant positive impact. Even if things are not perfect with the current squad, I think there's value in everyone knowing how the other squad members play. We seem to have settled down now and be making progress. It'd be a shame to disrupt things at this stage.
Posted by: Garth, November 26, 2015, 11:12pm; Reply: 37
The bench Saturday will include both new boys IMO  with either Pitman or Bogle, also East and Pearson
Its up to the ones wearing the shirt to perform to retain it
Posted by: jonnyboy82, November 27, 2015, 4:29pm; Reply: 38
Realky like the signings of alabi and henderson.

Credit to the manager for two promising signings.
Print page generated: April 27, 2024, 1:59pm