Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: pontoonlew, November 26, 2015, 5:01pm
Signs for Barrow!

Not sure what the circumstances are with that, but it'll nice to be happy to see him score from now on!
Posted by: Rik e B, November 26, 2015, 5:03pm; Reply: 1
Hearn n Cook... like a blast from the past!
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, November 26, 2015, 5:03pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from pontoonlew
Signs for Barrow!

Not sure what the circumstances are with that, but it'll nice to be happy to see him score from now on!

Liam Hearn has today had his request to join Barrow AFC on loan accepted by manager Chris Moyses. He'll be with the Bluebirds until Jan 4th

Hearn had a bust up with Moyses apparently last night.
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, November 26, 2015, 5:03pm; Reply: 3
? Woah that is a blow to the Imps wasn't looking forward to seeing him play against us well pleased.
Posted by: pontoonlew, November 26, 2015, 5:05pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from Rik e B
Hearn n Cook... like a blast from the past!

If Hearn had been fit in Cooks first season here that would've been quite the partnership. Probably would've seen us promoted.
Posted by: psgmariner, November 26, 2015, 5:05pm; Reply: 5
What the hell is all that about?!

Bad news for the imps whatever.
Posted by: ivanosandwich, November 26, 2015, 5:05pm; Reply: 6
Paul Cox, ex Mansfiled Manager has been confirmed as the new Manager at Barrow, so a connection to Hearn but there must have been something serious gone on at Lincoln to move this quickly.
Posted by: RoboCod, November 26, 2015, 5:08pm; Reply: 7
Let's be honest, Liam just doesn't want to play against his beloved, favourite old club :)
Posted by: mariner91, November 26, 2015, 5:10pm; Reply: 8
They've signed Nathan Blissett on loan. Yes I know he scored a decent goal against us previously but (touch wood) he's always looked guff before that.
Posted by: KK_DOG, November 26, 2015, 5:16pm; Reply: 9
As much as I like Liam Hearn as a player, I am more interested in Grimsby. That is a good move for Grimsby Town, a big loss for the gimps.
Posted by: Hagrid, November 26, 2015, 5:18pm; Reply: 10
Very odd!! But we've played them twice so wont be facing liam this season unless in the fa trophy
Posted by: KingstonMariner, November 26, 2015, 5:26pm; Reply: 11
Bloody hell.

Hope it works out for him.
Posted by: bradzmilne, November 26, 2015, 5:30pm; Reply: 12
Something serious must have gone on there, how odd
Posted by: horsforthmariner, November 26, 2015, 5:31pm; Reply: 13
Gimps in turmoil so I hear!
Good Good
Posted by: MeanwoodMariner, November 26, 2015, 5:58pm; Reply: 14
Agent Hearn's mission is complete.
Posted by: Abdul19, November 26, 2015, 6:02pm; Reply: 15
That doesn't really make sense as they're in the top 5!
Posted by: grimsby pete, November 26, 2015, 6:05pm; Reply: 16
Liam was the only footballer in Lincoln's side,

They have got Blissett to replace him so it will be even more hoof ball for the Imp fans to watch.
Posted by: acko338, November 26, 2015, 6:13pm; Reply: 17
Hope Liam now goes riotous with goal scoring, especially against any of the top teams - shame their defense is so bad !!

If we can pop loads in, so can others !!
Posted by: Grimal, November 26, 2015, 6:37pm; Reply: 18
Liam was subbed on 54 minutes last night at Boreham Wood. Obviously didn't go down to well. It was only down to poor finishing by Boreham that Lincoln didn't get a tonkin.
Posted by: grimsby pete, November 26, 2015, 6:53pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from Grimal
Liam was subbed on 54 minutes last night at Boreham Wood. Obviously didn't go down to well. It was only down to poor finishing by Boreham that Lincoln didn't get a tonkin.

With Lincoln  hoofing the ball up the field at every opportunity,

Liam got a stiff next watching the ball going backwards and forwards .
Posted by: HertsGTFC, November 26, 2015, 6:58pm; Reply: 20
Lincoln have signed Blisset today I think.....  
Posted by: grimsby pete, November 26, 2015, 7:10pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I thought they signed him yesterday.
Posted by: Teesknees, November 26, 2015, 8:17pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from HertsGTFC

He must be nearly 60!
Posted by: Helgy, November 27, 2015, 8:15am; Reply: 23
He got subbed didn't like it & just asked for a move so to get more match minutes,  one thing about Moyses is if a player does not want to be here he is gone in days.
Life goes on we have better days ahead,so I don't get why you would want to move for a side that up there to one that's struggling.
Think the answer is money has to be.

Posted by: Mariner_09, November 27, 2015, 8:24am; Reply: 24
Hearn was playing and scoring, just because of one or more substitutions for a walk player whose spent 2 and a half of the last 3 years out injured, so I can understand Moyses' view. We've got better strikers than him now, If we'd has this side 4 years ago plus an in form Liam we'd be top of the table.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, November 27, 2015, 2:27pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from grimsby pete
Liam was the only footballer in Lincoln's side,

They have got Blissett to replace him so it will be even more hoof ball for the Imp fans to watch.

I expect with Blissett up top there'll be even more of their bouncing bombs long throws coming our way when we play each other  :-/
Posted by: oldun, November 27, 2015, 2:34pm; Reply: 26
Don't forget we tried to sign Blissett and I think he went to Tranmere. Obviously he did not tear any trees up there.
Posted by: grimsby pete, November 27, 2015, 2:49pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from oldun
Don't forget we tried to sign Blissett and I think he went to Tranmere. Obviously he did not tear any trees up there.

He scored one goal in five games for them,

It was against us (rant)
Posted by: malkamalka, November 27, 2015, 3:36pm; Reply: 28
Apparently Blissett was a replacement for some Scut that Imps had on loan and has gone back.

Moyses is pretty angry, don't know what he meant by "Grimsbyitis"

http://www.lincolnshireecho.co.uk/Lincoln-City-boss-left-seething-Liam-Hearn/story-28253813-detail/story.html
Posted by: Helgy, November 27, 2015, 3:54pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from malkamalka
Apparently Blissett was a replacement for some Scut that Imps had on loan and has gone back.

Moyses is pretty angry, don't know what he meant by "Grimsbyitis"

http://www.lincolnshireecho.co.uk/Lincoln-City-boss-left-seething-Liam-Hearn/story-28253813-detail/story.html

Think he meant he bottled the game against you early on in the season, heard his head was not right too worried he would be clattered and the injury end his career.

Posted by: jonnyboy82, November 27, 2015, 4:26pm; Reply: 30
So another club stands by him through his injury then gets fit and then wants to move on.

Sounds familiar and as much as i dislike lincoln hearn clearly doesnt give a toss and will do what he wants to do.

If i was lincoln i would have told him to intercourse off and since when does a player call the shots , im glad he still isnt stealing a wage off us while being injured for half the season.
Posted by: promotion plaice, November 27, 2015, 7:44pm; Reply: 31

What a surprise, Liam Hearn says his Lincoln City future is now 'up in the air' after criticism from Chris Moyses.

Moyses suggested that Hearn and his agent had forced through the move, but Hearn has countered, insisting he doesn't have an agent  ;D

http://www.lincolnshireecho.co.uk/Liam-Hearn-says-Lincoln-City-future-air-criticism/story-28255145-detail/story.html?
Posted by: Garth, November 27, 2015, 7:46pm; Reply: 32
One of Rob Scotts comments when he was discussing Hearn was " Its not all about the Liam Hearn show you know"

Apparently it was and still is  ;D
Posted by: Toothill Totty, November 27, 2015, 8:32pm; Reply: 33
Did hear that hearn and matt reaid had had a bust up,changing room not big enough for the both of their egos apprantley
Posted by: RoboCod, November 27, 2015, 8:35pm; Reply: 34
Too late Liam, the Lincoln fans have been acted as judge and jury and you are guilty as charged. Strange as just two days ago they were crowing that you were half of the best striking duo in the division.
Hearn out, Blissett in, *gulp* :-/
Posted by: jonnyboy82, November 27, 2015, 9:21pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from Toothill Totty
Did hear that hearn and matt reaid had had a bust up,changing room not big enough for the both of their egos apprantley

I dont think its their ego's that wont fit in the changing room but more of a case of matt rheads gut.
Posted by: Rik e B, November 27, 2015, 11:09pm; Reply: 36
Quoted from promotion plaice
'up in the air'

Should be used to that at lincoln

Posted by: 75 (Guest), November 28, 2015, 8:40am; Reply: 37
I'd take him back in a shot. He should have been a legend at Town, there's still time to take over his contract on Jan 1st  and partner him with Amond. With Bogle in the mix as well, the league would be won by March!
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, November 28, 2015, 10:07am; Reply: 38
A little Twitter row with Hearn and Bradley wood showing the camp is divided
Posted by: MuddyWaters, November 28, 2015, 10:11am; Reply: 39
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

Based on Brad's comments in the press conference, I'm not surprised.
Posted by: scoregasm, November 28, 2015, 10:15am; Reply: 40
What has been said in twitter? I don't do it

Posted by: Helgy, November 28, 2015, 10:18am; Reply: 41

The camp definitely isn't divided ,Hearn sprung his little surprise 8am no one knew, the squad feels let down by him & the club.
The players & families are well looked after by the club.
Hearn's just engineered a move, the match minutes just does stand up to scrutiny, he was looked after to manage his injuries.
That's what has caused the issue its not like he was confined to the youths and treated shabbily.

Posted by: Garth, November 28, 2015, 10:29am; Reply: 42
Quoted from Helgy

The camp definitely isn't divided ,Hearn sprung his little surprise 8am no one knew, the squad feels let down by him & the club.
Hearn's just engineered a move, the match minutes just does stand up to scrutiny, he was looked after to manage his injuries.
That's what has caused the issue its not like he was confined to the youths and treated shabbily.

love to hear what that biased old farmer guy that co commentates on Imps Players thinks about it all, would be ace listening Helgy ;D
Posted by: Garth, November 28, 2015, 10:34am; Reply: 43
Quoted from 75
I'd take him back in a shot. He should have been a legend at Town, there's still time to take over his contract on Jan 1st  and partner him with Amond. With Bogle in the mix as well, the league would be won by March!

Really! would you play a half fit has been in front of our strongest striker choice for years, get real!
Posted by: AdamHaddock, November 28, 2015, 10:36am; Reply: 44
Quoted from Garth

Really! would you play a half fit has been in front of our strongest striker choice for years, get real!

This. Hearn was magnificent

For one season
Posted by: mariner91, November 28, 2015, 10:42am; Reply: 45
Amond will score more goals this season than Hearn did that one season...
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, November 28, 2015, 10:50am; Reply: 46
19th December Lincoln host Barrow. Should prove interesting.
Posted by: Trawler, November 28, 2015, 10:52am; Reply: 47
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner
19th December Lincoln host Barrow. Should prove interesting.

Don't think Hearn is permitted to play by terms of his loan.
Posted by: highcliff mariner, November 28, 2015, 10:55am; Reply: 48
Quoted from Helgy

It must be a little bit divided ,one of the campers has pitched his tent in Barrow , now that's a fair old hike 😂😂😂
Utm
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, November 28, 2015, 11:21am; Reply: 49
Quoted from Helgy

Oh yes it is (gunfight2)(hammer)
Posted by: Belfast Town, November 28, 2015, 11:43am; Reply: 50
Quoted from scoregasm
What has been said in twitter? I don't do it

It's hilarious. Brad's not happy!

https://audioboom.com/boos/3865556-wood-imps-let-down-by-hearn-departure?utm_campaign=detailpage&utm_content=retweet&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter
Posted by: MarinerWY, November 28, 2015, 12:04pm; Reply: 51
Am I the only one who think that Lincoln have every reason to be drunk off, and Hearn has acted like a twit? I never did get the idolising of him here so much anyway, he received almost deity status with the fans but a couple of things gave me the impression he was the type to ride the wave then jump ship at the first opportunity. Guess he has done exactly that now.

Good interview by Bradley Wood there by the way.
Posted by: Mariners_15, November 28, 2015, 12:15pm; Reply: 52
The guys a snake and I'm not sure why he gets so much credit on here. Has he got a secret affair going on with Paul Cox? After his first injury here when we looked after him well that was the time when he was trying to force a move to Mansfield then. Didn't get his own way which is probably why he wasn't playing much before his second big injury here.

I don't like Lincoln as much as the next guy but to be fair to them they gave him a good chance and a solid contract when not many other clubs would have been prepared to do that. Now because his boyfriend Cox has got in touch he's forced another move.

So much for this loyal humble guy he claims to be.
Posted by: mariner91, November 28, 2015, 12:16pm; Reply: 53
Hearn was great for us for that one season and then spent two years getting paid to sit on his bottom before showing a real lack of class with his comments on leaving and subsequent signing for Mansfield. I lost a lot of respect for him on that day and it showed him to be a bit of a charlatan. He didn't have to make those comments when leaving after we'd paid for his treatment during injury and paid his mortgage for two years with nothing in return. It meant there was a really sour taste when he joined Mansfield who he'd been rumoured about wanting to join whilst with us.

I think it's quite obvious that he's engineered a move to Barrow as this game time excuse is nonsense from a player who started their last three games after spending the best part of three years out injured. In my opinion, he's clearly a bit dishonest and self-centred which is a shame cause he's a cracking footballer and at a time when loyalty is very scarce in football you'd like to think he'd have repaid us and even Lincoln with some in return. Having said that, I find it hilarious that he's screwed them over so I don't really care. Well done Liam on that front.
Posted by: ginnywings, November 28, 2015, 12:31pm; Reply: 54
Amond is better. That is all.
Posted by: Marinerz93, November 28, 2015, 12:43pm; Reply: 55
Hearing allegedly that Rhead ate Hearns happy meal, never mess with a man's food.
Posted by: rancido, November 28, 2015, 12:52pm; Reply: 56
Quoted from Marinerz93
Hearing allegedly that Rhead ate Hearns happy meal, never mess with a man's food.

I heard it was his family's Bargain Bucket !!
Posted by: tintowner, November 28, 2015, 1:28pm; Reply: 57
Quoted from Helgy

The bit.....' Hearn sprung his little surprise at 8am, no one knew'

Are players allowed to engineer a loan move and not tell their parent club.......somebody at the club must have known prior to anything happening and prior to it being announced.....or am I missing something  :-/
Posted by: Tradjazz, November 28, 2015, 1:38pm; Reply: 58
He won't get more game time at Barrow. They play Lincoln during December so he won't be allowed to play. Might play 2 games if he's lucky!
Posted by: Madeleymariner, November 28, 2015, 5:08pm; Reply: 59
Hearn didn't get 90 mins today, perhaps he ask for a different loan at 6 o clock ;D
Posted by: RichMariner, November 28, 2015, 7:02pm; Reply: 60
I hear pundits talk about managers wanting rid of 'bad apples', but that just seems to give those bad apples exactly what they want, i.e. a transfer, so the player always wins.

Whatever happened to leaving players to rot in the reserves?

Hearn: I want away. You're not giving me enough game time. I don't want to be subbed off.

Lincoln: Tough. We've given you a contract. We pay you. Have some respect.

Hearn: I don't want to be here any more. I want to go to Barrow - they'll play me.

Lincoln: You're going nowhere. We pay you. We won't let you go anywhere until your contract is up. So, you'll be sat in the stands, rotting in the reserves, nowhere near a shop window, and when your contract is up, with your injury record and attitude, no one will touch you with a barge pole. That's your football career over with.

I imagine the real reason Lincoln have allowed him to leave is because Barrow will be paying his wages.

By the way, I have absolutely no idea what actually went on between Lincoln and Hearn. Pure speculation from me.
Posted by: RoboCod, November 28, 2015, 7:03pm; Reply: 61
Hearn got 80 mins, about the norm for your first game probably. Weirdly his replacement, fellow debutant loanee Rigg lasted about 5 mins and was taken off injured.

First win under Cox anyway.
Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 10:04pm