Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: BPMariner, November 27, 2015, 12:23pm
This must drive Fenty mad.

http://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/article/community-stadium-move-years-of-frustration-2822480.aspx
Posted by: Martz86, November 27, 2015, 1:13pm; Reply: 1
We've been unlucky on and off the field for the past decade, hopefully the tide has started to turn now. Finger crossed.
Posted by: ginnywings, November 27, 2015, 1:48pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from Martz86
We've been unlucky on and off the field for the past decade, hopefully the tide has started to turn now. Finger crossed.

Agreed. I'm starting to feel tentatively optimistic both on and off the pitch. Somebody slap me quick.  :X
Posted by: LH, November 27, 2015, 2:04pm; Reply: 3
How does a DIY store ironically move to Peakes Parkway?
Posted by: ginnywings, November 27, 2015, 5:40pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from LH

Time paradox.
Posted by: barralad, November 27, 2015, 6:08pm; Reply: 5
A lot of circumstances there beyond the club's control. The 2008 "Financial Crash" was the breaker. It killed off the retail aspect probably forever...
Posted by: Rik e B, November 27, 2015, 6:21pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from LH

According to the Many Worlds Interpretation of quantum physics, we live in an infinite web of alternate timelines
Posted by: grimsby pete, November 27, 2015, 7:21pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from barralad
A lot of circumstances there beyond the club's control. The 2008 "Financial Crash" was the breaker. It killed off the retail aspect probably forever...

Plus ITV Digital played a part. ;)
Posted by: RoboCod, November 27, 2015, 7:25pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Martz86

Chronic 'Grimsbyitis' possibly?
Posted by: headingly_mariner, November 27, 2015, 7:31pm; Reply: 9
I imagine that a whole differing set of 'facts' exist regarding what has happened in the attempt to relocate over the last 20 years.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, November 27, 2015, 7:31pm; Reply: 10
I think the financial crisis could possibly have been a result of Grimsbyitis. Forget the Swine Flu and Ebola outbreaks, Grimsbyitis is much more serious.

One side effect is for noisy neighbours to only bring a few hundred fans to Blundell Park over the festive season and also request not to play Grimsby on Boxing Day and New Years Day.
Posted by: Rik e B, November 27, 2015, 7:40pm; Reply: 11
Oh no I presumed as the main carriers we would have built up our immunities but perhaps we have been slowly eating away at ourselves for years without realising.

It's all making sense now.

Jyst the thought of this is giving me real bad Grimphobia  :o
Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 5:03am