Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: oldun, November 27, 2015, 2:32pm
With players coming back from injury and the new intake of loanees a few are destined to supping coffee and keeping warm in the stand.
Maybe Scott Brown, Jack Macreth, Gregor Robertson and Omar Bogle will be keeping us company.
Posted by: Rik e B, November 27, 2015, 3:45pm; Reply: 1
Add a keeper and you'd have a great five a side team...

GK
Brown        Gregor
   Mackreth
              Bogle

(100)
Posted by: moosey_club, November 27, 2015, 4:17pm; Reply: 2
Joe Waters i believe will be around too..CDAJATL
Posted by: AdamHaddock, November 27, 2015, 4:20pm; Reply: 3
Glen Downey will probably be with you in the stand, assuming he's still on the books
Posted by: Mariner_09, November 27, 2015, 4:25pm; Reply: 4
Yep Scott Brown, Gregor Robertson, Jack Mackreth and Omar Bogle for me as well.
Posted by: Sigone, November 27, 2015, 4:54pm; Reply: 5
Don't forget Marshall
Posted by: Fan, November 27, 2015, 5:43pm; Reply: 6
Not a fan of the loan player arrangements, albeit great for the team, loyalty and treating the players who have committed to GTFC is high on my agenda, as result I wouldn't expect those who you are correct enjoy a coffee on Saturday to stick around for a coffee after Christmas, now that may suit the manager but these lads are not on big bucks and probually need to play to make up the wage. Difficult one really but not sure how you keep everybody including the fans and owners happy.
Posted by: ginnywings, November 27, 2015, 5:58pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Fan
Not a fan of the loan player arrangements, albeit great for the team, loyalty and treating the players who have committed to GTFC is high on my agenda, as result I wouldn't expect those who you are correct enjoy a coffee on Saturday to stick around for a coffee after Christmas, now that may suit the manager but these lads are not on big bucks and probually need to play to make up the wage. Difficult one really but not sure how you keep everybody including the fans and owners happy.

Surely they get paid whether they play or not and if you want to progress as a team, then a constant turn over of players is required. If better ones come in, then sombody falls off the other end of the conveyor. Even more so at this level with 1 yr deals.

I see it as a concerted effort for promotion, which is what we all want isn't it?
Posted by: oldun, November 27, 2015, 6:26pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Sigone
Don't forget Marshall

I think Marshall will be on the bench as the only other wide player option other than East.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, November 27, 2015, 7:42pm; Reply: 9
Be careful around any players not in the squad, they may have Grimsbyitis.
Posted by: chaos33, November 27, 2015, 9:43pm; Reply: 10
This is a difficult one. No mistaking, any player not in the squad at all will be seriously unhappy. Most are going to feel aggrieved that it is undeserved. I wouldn't like to state who the 5 will be or should be. Personally, I hope this doesn't include Bogle.
Posted by: barralad, November 27, 2015, 9:57pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from chaos33
This is a difficult one. No mistaking, any player not in the squad at all will be seriously unhappy. Most are going to feel aggrieved that it is undeserved. I wouldn't like to state who the 5 will be or should be. Personally, I hope this doesn't include Bogle.

I'm hoping it is what separates professionals from us amateurs. It's also about Hurst's ability to promote a squad ethic. He hasn't done a bad job so far...
Posted by: HertsGTFC, November 27, 2015, 10:15pm; Reply: 12
Joe Waters..........
Posted by: Posh Harry, November 28, 2015, 10:46am; Reply: 13
Quoted from barralad

I'm hoping it is what separates professionals from us amateurs. It's also about Hurst's ability to promote a squad ethic. He hasn't done a bad job so far...

Spot on barra. If they want to be in the team they will work their boll8cks off to show PH. If they don't they will be in the stands. Simples
Posted by: Fan, November 28, 2015, 10:52am; Reply: 14
I think the players have bonus payments on top of the basic, like appearance, goal ect
Print page generated: April 29, 2024, 12:16pm