Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: psgmariner, November 27, 2015, 7:20pm
Pleased to say I have provided the club with some bottled beer for the game tomorrow. The Trust and Sharon have been great deal with and hopefully this trial will lead to more and more decent beers becoming available in the bars at the ground.

Starting off with two beers from Louth's Black Horse Brewery (http://www.blackhorsebrewing.co.uk/):

Nicholas de Luda (ABV 5.4%
): A dark, sincere English stout
Full-bodied and packed with flavour. Brewed only in the winter months, this rich stout is perfect for the cold, dark nights.
One of our Winter Ales, available October to March.

Thanks Pa (ABV 6.0%): A finely crafted IPA
This award-winning IPA is a finely crafted ale brewed to the traditional India Pale Ale strength of 6.0%, resulting in a floral bouquet and citrus finish produced by a duo of US hops.

Hopefully they prove popular. We thought it would be good to have some local beers available for home and away fans. I know I like sampling the local stuff when I watch Town away.

UTM.
Posted by: pizzzza, November 27, 2015, 7:36pm; Reply: 1
Sounds good, available in all bars?
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, November 27, 2015, 7:40pm; Reply: 2
Good work PSG and the Trust!
Posted by: psgmariner, November 27, 2015, 7:49pm; Reply: 3
Not 100% sure which bars they will be I'm afraid. Will try find out.

Also, I should add that I did it all at cost price! The Trust will hopefully get a bit of profit out of them and I can get some exposure for my shop. A "symbiotic relationship" as they say in management meetings these days.
Posted by: Les Brechin, November 27, 2015, 8:04pm; Reply: 4
Like the sound of the 2nd one but I'll be driving so don't want to risk it. Are they 500ml or 330ml bottles?
Posted by: LH, November 27, 2015, 8:11pm; Reply: 5
I'll dig my anorak out tonight then.  ;)
Posted by: promotion plaice, November 27, 2015, 8:13pm; Reply: 6
I wish you could have a beer while sat in your seat like rugby and cricket, it looked like they were even drinking at the Davis Cup Final in Belgium this afternoon.

theguardian quote -

There is also a disparity with other sports. Next year, the Rugby World Cup will be hosted by England, with the majority of the games to be played at stadiums usually used for football. There is an absurdity to the potential scenario of a Leeds United or Leicester City season ticket holder finding themselves able to drink a pint while sitting in their usual seat, simply because the game in front of them involves an egg-shaped ball rather than a spherical one.
Posted by: psgmariner, November 27, 2015, 8:25pm; Reply: 7
They are 500ml bottles. As with their other glass bottles I imagine they will have to pour them in a plastic pint glass for you.
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, November 27, 2015, 8:42pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Les Brechin
Like the sound of the 2nd one but I'll be driving so don't want to risk it. Are they 500ml or 330ml bottles?

Aren't you on the train?  ;D
Posted by: KingstonMariner, November 27, 2015, 8:53pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from promotion plaice
I wish you could have a beer while sat in your seat like rugby and cricket, it looked like they were even drinking at the Davis Cup Final in Belgium this afternoon.

theguardian quote -

There is also a disparity with other sports. Next year, the Rugby World Cup will be hosted by England, with the majority of the games to be played at stadiums usually used for football. There is an absurdity to the potential scenario of a Leeds United or Leicester City season ticket holder finding themselves able to drink a pint while sitting in their usual seat, simply because the game in front of them involves an egg-shaped ball rather than a spherical one.

Was speaking to a bloke at work yesterday who used to be a copper. When they were on duty at Twickers they were often given drinks by the various patrons. The only instruction to Plod was "don't get bolloxed". Admittedly that was years ago but to me that's a clear case of courting favour. No wonder the hoorays never got mishandled and any misdemeanours kept out of the press.
Posted by: Les Brechin, November 27, 2015, 9:03pm; Reply: 10

Aren't you on the train?  ;D

No cheap tickets left!  :)
Posted by: Paris Mariner, November 28, 2015, 11:00am; Reply: 11
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
Good work PSG and the Trust!

Indeed. I have been vocal on this on the past and it is good to see the Trust have listened and truly local beer is available. Club supports community businesses, community supports club. I believe in this idea.

Well done everyone involved. If we achieve anything this season we'll be able to say this was a true community effort from everyone at the club, the Trust, in the town of Grimsby and the surrounding areas in Lincolnshire. It has the potential to be something we can all be immensely proud of.

UTM

Posted by: barralad, November 28, 2015, 11:37am; Reply: 12
Quoted from Paris Mariner

Indeed. I have been vocal on this on the past and it is good to see the Trust have listened and truly local beer is available. Club supports community businesses, community supports club. I believe in this idea.

Well done everyone involved. If we achieve anything this season we'll be able to say this was a true community effort from everyone at the club, the Trust, in the town of Grimsby and the surrounding areas in Lincolnshire. It has the potential to be something we can all be immensely proud of.

UTM

For me the Trust has never just been about the football. Hopefully our foray into helping local businesses can go far beyond this venture. It's up to all to support PSGs business now!!
Posted by: mimma, November 28, 2015, 12:43pm; Reply: 13
There's a stall just outside the turnstiles that sells decent bottled beer. When I can't get to the bar I just nip outside for another one. There's never a que and it's the same price as the bar.
Posted by: promotion plaice, November 28, 2015, 12:45pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from mimma
There's a stall just outside the turnstiles that sells decent bottled beer. When I can't get to the bar I just nip outside for another one. There's never a que and it's the same price as the bar.

And they let you take it into the bar, showing your pass at half time.... ;)

Posted by: barralad, November 28, 2015, 2:11pm; Reply: 15
That outlet was instigated by Sharon as an overflow for the main bar...
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, November 28, 2015, 6:31pm; Reply: 16
how did the beers go down then?
Posted by: promotion plaice, November 28, 2015, 6:33pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from Southwark Mariner

Via the oesphagus.......... ;D

Posted by: Les Brechin, November 28, 2015, 9:37pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from Southwark Mariner

I was going to try the IPA but they only had bottles of the stout in the Lower Findus Bar and I don't like stout, so didn't try one.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, November 28, 2015, 10:04pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from promotion plaice

And they let you take it into the bar, showing your pass at half time.... ;)

Usually have to drive home so not had a beer at BP for a good few years but staying over at my dads the night of the Lincoln game so may have a swift one.. or two or maybe even a 3rd.

Can anyone tell me if what passes I need for what bar? I have my season ticket so does that get me into the bar in the lower Findus?  
Posted by: HertsGTFC, November 28, 2015, 10:06pm; Reply: 20
Sorry I meant the bar that is at the bottom of the stairs to the upper Findus.
Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 5:59am