Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: The Yard Dog, November 28, 2015, 8:41pm
During the final warm up before kick-off, a young lad got hit full on in the face by a wayward football.  Nathan Arnold immediately went halfway up into the Pontoon stand to check that the lad was ok.  
I was talking to Lee Mullins on the pitch when this happened, he also made his way up to check on the lad and spoke to his dad.  Lee then took the lad and his dad to the club shop and gave him a signed football.

Well done Nathan and Lee
Posted by: Richard, November 28, 2015, 8:43pm; Reply: 1
shows football is not all about money
Posted by: Tradjazz, November 28, 2015, 8:44pm; Reply: 2
Well done Lee and Nathan. A lovely touch.
:) :)
Posted by: cmackenzie4, November 28, 2015, 8:44pm; Reply: 3
I see that from the upper Findus, that was a fantastic gesture by Lee, I see Nathan go up the stairs to see the young lad too.
Posted by: grimsby pete, November 28, 2015, 9:36pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from cmackenzie4
I see that from the upper Findus, that was a fantastic gesture by Lee, I see Nathan go up the stairs to see the young lad too.

What was you doing in the UPPER findus Chris ? ;)
Posted by: cmackenzie4, November 28, 2015, 9:38pm; Reply: 5
I took Sophie with Harry and me Pete, she loved it and can't wait to go again, she's only 7.
Posted by: grimsby pete, November 28, 2015, 9:40pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from cmackenzie4
I took Sophie with Harry and me Pete, she loved it and can't wait to go again, she's only 7.

Great another Mariner  8)
Posted by: HertsGTFC, November 28, 2015, 9:44pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from The Yard Dog
During the final warm up before kick-off, a young lad got hit full on in the face by a wayward football.  Nathan Arnold immediately went halfway up into the Pontoon stand to check that the lad was ok.  
I was talking to Lee Mullins on the pitch when this happened, he also made his way up to check on the lad and spoke to his dad.  Lee then took the lad and his dad to the club shop and gave him a signed football.

Well done Nathan and Lee

Good gesture from both........ Nathan did the same at Torquay last year even when the Muppet steward tried to stop him. We have a good set of players as I understand nit Toto did the similar earlier in the season. Last week at Eastleigh Brownie hit a chap and was straight over there making sure things where o.k..

Posted by: moosey_club, November 28, 2015, 9:46pm; Reply: 8
Scott Brown did it last week at Eastleigh...near enough knocked a pensioner out....but he did come over to check on the fella.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, November 28, 2015, 9:53pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from moosey_club
Scott Brown did it last week at Eastleigh...near enough knocked a pensioner out....but he did come over to check on the fella.

Big Chris is in a warmer climate
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, November 28, 2015, 10:14pm; Reply: 10
Times change

I got smacked on the head by a shot from Dave Wilson in the warm up years ago which knocked me off the fence I'd been perched on.

All that happened then was my mates laughed their heads off and the players asked for the ball back.

Seriously though a nice touch by Nathan and Lee to give the young 'un some reward for the pain caused
Posted by: Marinerz93, November 28, 2015, 10:46pm; Reply: 11
A great gesture by Nathan and Lee, hope the lad was ok.
Posted by: lobsterpot, November 29, 2015, 6:16am; Reply: 12
Can anyone remember being at the Vetch Field when we drew 0-0 in the fa cup many moons ago? I always remember Tony Rees leathering a typical warm up effort into the away end and absolutly obliterating a young lad who was perched on the lean on railing thingys. His tea went 1 way, his pie went the other and his body did a 360 before his head followed! Was it anyone on here? ;D
Posted by: barralad, November 29, 2015, 6:30am; Reply: 13
Quoted from FishOutOfWater
Times change

I got smacked on the head by a shot from Dave Wilson in the warm up years ago which knocked me off the fence I'd been perched on.

All that happened then was my mates laughed their heads off and the players asked for the ball back.

Seriously though a nice touch by Nathan and Lee to give the young 'un some reward for the pain caused

Dave Wilson? I'd forgotten about him...
Posted by: top man, November 29, 2015, 10:16am; Reply: 14
I remember an old boy near me at Notts County away in the side stand on a Tuesday night got his specs knocked off and blooded his face by a ball in the face . I tried to get it but I was not quick enough. when i looked  down it looked like Lee Hughes and all the other tossers were laughing and using  town fans as target practice = All a  bunch of  twits
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, December 2, 2015, 5:13pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from barralad

Dave Wilson? I'd forgotten about him...

Yeah - him and Gary Moore weren't exactly the perfect replacements for Tees and Green were they?  ;)
Posted by: grimsby pete, December 2, 2015, 5:19pm; Reply: 16

Yeah - him and Gary Moore weren't exactly the perfect replacements for Tees and Green were they?  ;)

They both lived in Albert Road next door to my mates Parents Bed and Breakfast,

They loved taking the top off their sports car to drive along the seafront looking for girls.
Posted by: Abdul19, December 2, 2015, 5:27pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from top man
I remember an old boy near me at Notts County away in the side stand on a Tuesday night got his specs knocked off and blooded his face by a ball in the face . I tried to get it but I was not quick enough. when i looked  down it looked like Lee Hughes and all the other tossers were laughing and using  town fans as target practice = All a  bunch of  twits

Surprised he didn't run away.
Posted by: ginnywings, December 2, 2015, 7:34pm; Reply: 18

I saw Gary Moore at the Central Hall. Rubbish at football but surprisingly good on the guitar.  ;)
Posted by: zorro_is_a_Mariner, December 2, 2015, 7:38pm; Reply: 19
Terry a few years ago got his tea whacked out of his hand away to shrewsberry, think it went all over him lol
Posted by: immariner, December 2, 2015, 8:23pm; Reply: 20
When I sat in the Pontoon during the 2001/2002 season, the old boy next to me, who sat with his wife (with small dog in her handbag!), had a Menno Willems rocket straight to the schnozz in the warm up. Glasses went everywhere, as did blood from said schnozz. Did Willems look to apologise? Did he intercourse and why would he? As far as I could tell he was clearly paid a small fortune to miss the goal and bloody good at it he was too.
Posted by: tanga_the_indestructible, December 2, 2015, 8:33pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from ginnywings

I saw Gary Moore at the Central Hall. Rubbish at football but surprisingly good on the guitar.  ;)

Married to Dave Booth's daughter wasn't he?
Posted by: barralad, December 2, 2015, 8:42pm; Reply: 22

In a word....... no!
Posted by: ginnywings, December 2, 2015, 8:45pm; Reply: 23

Married to Dave Booth's daughter wasn't he?

I seem to remember him having some kind of local connection but can't recall what it was. That does ring a bell though.
Posted by: DNMariner, December 2, 2015, 9:17pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from ginnywings

I seem to remember him having some kind of local connection but can't recall what it was. That does ring a bell though.

I'd always heard something like that - something about a party to celebrate the wedding in North Thoresby and Phil Lynott staggering down the high street drunk and walking in to somebody's house.

Posted by: KingstonMariner, December 2, 2015, 11:07pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from grimsby pete

They both lived in Albert Road next door to my mates Parents Bed and Breakfast,

They loved taking the top off their sports car to drive along the seafront looking for girls.

Such a shame it wasn't a soft top.  :)
Posted by: newarkmariner, December 3, 2015, 7:46am; Reply: 26
this little boy was sitting directly in front of me on saturday,took the ball full on,poor little chap was in agony,but accidents happen and fair play to Nathan and lee,top blokes
Posted by: ivanosandwich, December 3, 2015, 9:12am; Reply: 27
Quoted from DNMariner

I'd always heard something like that - something about a party to celebrate the wedding in North Thoresby and Phil Lynott staggering down the high street drunk and walking in to somebody's house.

At the time a friend of mine frequented The Mill House at Covenham. Gary Moore booked the wedding in a marquee on the lawn, arranged the food etc but then told the totally bewildered landlord that they didn't need his "disco", they would bring their own entertainment. On the day, an articulated lorry arrived with the bands equipment.

The whole place was drunk dry. After the beer ran out, all the spirits disappeared too.
Posted by: The_Laughing_Mariner, December 3, 2015, 11:30am; Reply: 28
I was at Boston a few years ago and the ball whizzed into the stand, As I swayed out of the way the bloke next to me but a protective arm up and the ball ricocheted into my head smashing my brand new specs.
Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 10:44am