Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: MuddyWaters, November 29, 2015, 6:02pm
Having a stormer for Norwich
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, November 29, 2015, 6:02pm; Reply: 1
Isn't he just
Posted by: horsforthmariner, November 29, 2015, 6:46pm; Reply: 2
I think Roy Hodgson should try him out in the England team just for 5 minutes or so ;)
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, November 29, 2015, 7:10pm; Reply: 3
How much do we get?
Posted by: Rik e B, November 29, 2015, 9:30pm; Reply: 4
Glad for him as regularly saw him being ripped a new a-hole last time
Posted by: moosey_club, November 29, 2015, 9:42pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
How much do we get?

Nothing?
Would have thought any sell on would have been tied to his time at Peterborough, not an everlasting sell on, sell on clause ?
Posted by: LH, November 30, 2015, 1:11am; Reply: 6
Just home from work and seen Piers Morgan is tweeting about him making out he was trying to push Alexis Sanchez into the Norwich Dungeons. He's made it!

I knew my football career was over when Ryan -  four months my junior - was made Town captain for a game just before he left us.
Posted by: Abdul19, November 30, 2015, 1:32am; Reply: 7
Haha he seems to have annoyed the 395436643664 internet Arsenal fans - top work!  ;D
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, November 30, 2015, 12:55pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from LH
Just home from work and seen Piers Morgan is tweeting about him making out he was trying to push Alexis Sanchez into the Norwich Dungeons. He's made it!

I knew my football career was over when Ryan -  four months my junior - was made Town captain for a game just before he left us.

Wonder if Arsene Wenger saw the sly push that despatched Sanchez in to the pit.....it was a bit naughty but I had to laugh knowing what prima donnas they are at Arsenal and the fact that it was Ryan dishing it out made it that much better  ;D
Posted by: wigworld, December 1, 2015, 8:00am; Reply: 9
[url]https://youtu.be/AygmolWccIg[/url]
Posted by: supertown, December 1, 2015, 9:43am; Reply: 10
Quoted from moosey_club

Nothing?
Would have thought any sell on would have been tied to his time at Peterborough, not an everlasting sell on, sell on clause ?

Think you are wrong about that and that is exactly what we have
Posted by: Meza, December 1, 2015, 10:05am; Reply: 11
i seem to recall something about extra pennies when called up to international level but i think that was when he was with Peterboro, how can town add a clause for a player that is no longer tied to Peterboro.  It makes no sense, then again, Fry wanted Bennett really bad so maybe he added this in.
Posted by: Davec, December 1, 2015, 11:37am; Reply: 12
I don't think we'll get anymore payments for Ryan Bennett now

Didn't Fenty a few seasons ago go to court regarding something about Bennett and he was unsuccessful ?
Posted by: Abdul19, December 1, 2015, 1:06pm; Reply: 13
Irrelevant anyway. You only get called up for the national team based on one good game if you play for a big club!
Posted by: Civvy at last, December 1, 2015, 2:22pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from Abdul19
Irrelevant anyway. You only get called up for the national team based on one good game if you play for a big club!

Or their reserves !!!
Posted by: toontown, December 1, 2015, 4:40pm; Reply: 15
When Ryan was sold to norwich we agreed to let peterboro off some of the sell-on money (as they said they wouldnt sell him if we didn't and we wouldn't get anything). In return they agreed to pay us a small portion of the clauses they in turn agreed with norwich, the main one of which,if I remember rightly, was bonuses for norwich staying in the prem, but I guess an England appearance would be in their somewhere with a corresponding little bit of cash for us (unless there was a time limit that has expired maybe)
Posted by: toontown, December 1, 2015, 5:03pm; Reply: 16
Oops , just checked this and it's incorrect - Boro tried to buy out our sell on clause money but we refused, so got 600k when he was sold, we tried to get the slice of the extra payments but we failed - so I guess nothing for town if he ever did play for England - ho he does anyway as he was a good lad and I always really rated him
Print page generated: April 27, 2024, 5:40pm