Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, November 30, 2015, 5:35am
Please enter your nomination for last week....
Posted by: Rik e B, November 30, 2015, 6:15am; Reply: 1
Lincoln manager for making me realise riddled with chronic Grimsbyitis and having to face up to the truth that there is no cure.
Posted by: LongEatonMariner, November 30, 2015, 9:46am; Reply: 2
Moysesesesesy and his peculiar Grimsby condition.
Posted by: grimps, November 30, 2015, 10:24am; Reply: 3
Jeremy Corbyn  ;)
Posted by: blackandwhitelaces, November 30, 2015, 11:15am; Reply: 4
Moyses. Very TINPOT  8) 8)
Posted by: Biccys, November 30, 2015, 11:18am; Reply: 5
Gotta be Moyses. Honourable (!) mention to Mr Hearn for his role in the sorry matter.
Posted by: Civvy at last, November 30, 2015, 8:03pm; Reply: 6
Piers Morgan
Posted by: highcliff mariner, November 30, 2015, 8:35pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Civvy at last
Piers Morgan

Too much morning tv ?
   Eamon  Holmees 👍
Posted by: Civvy at last, November 30, 2015, 8:44pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from highcliff mariner

Too much morning tv ?
   Eamon  Holmees 👍

More to do with his time as an editor. I will not watch any programme with that girl private on it.  Ryan bought the tw@t back onto my radar.
Posted by: Grim74, November 30, 2015, 9:09pm; Reply: 9
Corbyn once again.
Posted by: Paris Mariner, November 30, 2015, 9:13pm; Reply: 10
Moyses.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, November 30, 2015, 11:05pm; Reply: 11
Couple of weeks late but this fella (John Kirby US State Dept spokesman):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9xkyfv3oGk

Failing that I'll have Gideon ('Call me George') Osborne. "Hey look guys, I know I was cross at you chaps for not letting me get my way, and called it a constitutional outrage, but I've found £27 billion."
Posted by: HertsGTFC, November 30, 2015, 11:11pm; Reply: 12
Moyses............classless lady private!
Posted by: AdamHaddock, December 1, 2015, 12:11am; Reply: 13
Anthony Stokes
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, December 1, 2015, 3:56am; Reply: 14
Moyses the most pathetic excuse for getting rid of a player ever.
Posted by: The_Laughing_Mariner, December 1, 2015, 8:49am; Reply: 15
My wife's earache
Posted by: grimsby pete, December 1, 2015, 5:10pm; Reply: 16
Corbyn we should send him to talk with the  terrorists and see how long he keeps his head.
Posted by: barralad, December 1, 2015, 5:35pm; Reply: 17
Cameron for thinking that after his defence cuts we can still be thought of as a conventional force world power.(Apparently we currently have EIGHT aircraft engaged in Iraq). Cameron for thinking that after 4 years of civil war in Syria there are still any moderates just waiting for his word to step into the vacuum post Daesh. Cameron for his lack of understanding of history and paying no notice of the fact that as far back as the 60s in Vietnam  unconventional hostile forces realised that they could hide in a network of tunnels leaving civilians to have death rained down on them from the air on a daily basis.
Posted by: codcheeky, December 1, 2015, 6:55pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from grimsby pete
Corbyn we should send him to talk with the  terrorists and see how long he keeps his head.

You think bombing will make us safer Pete?
Is Corbyn wrong for saying think carefully before vote to you rush to war?
Why has the media turned it all into a labour split when the tories have an overall majority? Is it not the reasons some tories are very uncomfortable with this action that we should be discussing?
Do you really believe it will make us safer? - maybe for you in the wilds but a lot of us who need to catch the tube every day and with business near Oxford Street certainly dont think so,
Who are we bombing and for how long? and then what?
I am sure you have loads of examples of were dropping a load of bombs alone has solved a situation like this but I can`t think of one
If the Yanks , Ruskies, French and the rest are all dropping bombs and firing missiles what difference will our few make?
Posted by: ackomariner, December 1, 2015, 7:22pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from codcheeky

You think bombing will make us safer Pete?
Is Corbyn wrong for saying think carefully before vote to you rush to war?
Why has the media turned it all into a labour split when the tories have an overall majority? Is it not the reasons some tories are very uncomfortable with this action that we should be discussing?
Do you really believe it will make us safer? - maybe for you in the wilds but a lot of us who need to catch the tube every day and with business near Oxford Street certainly dont think so,
Who are we bombing and for how long? and then what?
I am sure you have loads of examples of were dropping a load of bombs alone has solved a situation like this but I can`t think of one
If the Yanks , Ruskies, French and the rest are all dropping bombs and firing missiles what difference will our few make?

I think if we sit and do nothing we will still be under threat in this country, just as much as we would be if they get the vote to bomb them.

Posted by: ackomariner, December 1, 2015, 7:25pm; Reply: 20
Forgot to add Cameron as the totw
Posted by: KingstonMariner, December 1, 2015, 9:26pm; Reply: 21
Me for turning a light(is)-hearted thread into a political debate.

(agree with Cockney and Barra by the way)
Posted by: ponnyfan, December 1, 2015, 9:27pm; Reply: 22
Richard Cranium
Posted by: Hagrid, December 1, 2015, 9:33pm; Reply: 23
My ex
Posted by: codcheeky, December 2, 2015, 12:15am; Reply: 24
David Cameron....3 line whip on a matter of conscience while labour give a free vote and calling his own supporters who have more sense terrorist sympathisers is just bullying.  
Posted by: arryarryarry, December 2, 2015, 12:44am; Reply: 25
Anyone who thinks getting involved in another bloody war in the Middle East will solve anything.
Posted by: nickmariners, December 2, 2015, 1:26pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from codcheeky
David Cameron....3 line whip on a matter of conscience while labour give a free vote and calling his own supporters who have more sense terrorist sympathisers is just bullying.  

Since when has defence of the realm been a "matter of conscience"?   It's a matter for evidenced judgement.
Posted by: codcheeky, December 2, 2015, 1:38pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from nickmariners

Since when has defence of the realm been a "matter of conscience"?   It's a matter for evidenced judgement.

It has always been a matter of conscience hence the term conscientious objector
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, December 2, 2015, 5:06pm; Reply: 28
Camoron...but as a terrorist sympathiser it's only natural I would say him
Posted by: grimsby pete, December 2, 2015, 5:22pm; Reply: 29
Can I change from Corbyn to Camoron ?

OR

Can I choose both  ;)
Posted by: LongEatonMariner, December 2, 2015, 5:45pm; Reply: 30
Who'd have thought this thread would turn into this?

I'm not complaining btw.
Posted by: barralad, December 2, 2015, 7:30pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from nickmariners

I honestly think his judgement is seriously flawed. What evidence is available to say that the bombing of Syria will make this country a safer place? Much as I don't like him or his Government he is in a difficult place. He appears to have chosen the option that can demonstrate he is doing something with the minimum risk to British forces personnel. If he was truly serious about dealing with Daesh he would launch a two pronged offensive. 1. To do everything in his power to establish just who is funding Daesh through the purchase of their oil. 2. Launch an offensive with a coalition of ground forces made up of all those countries currently emgaged in bombing Syria to root out Daesh. I think the apparent reluctance to undergo the first highlights the can of worms that would almost certainly open and as far as the second goes he knows the British people wouldnt support any sort of troops on the ground strategy. In fact if you look at the latest polls he is losing the argument for his case around the bombing.
This country's future security depends on proper funding of the security services and the police. If by some miracle the first bombs wiped out Daesh on Syrian ground the genie has escaped from the bottle
Posted by: KingstonMariner, December 2, 2015, 11:13pm; Reply: 32
They're already set-up in Sirte so in Syria we'd be fighting the last war. The next one's on Italy's doorstep.

As Barra said. Follow the money. Trouble is it could well lead to our two biggest allies in the region - out goes a NATO member on Russia's southern flank and pop goes one of our biggest export markets.
Print page generated: April 27, 2024, 7:06am