Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: stuart brace was king, December 20, 2015, 5:21pm
Eventually got to see the latest James Bond offering yesterday.... And there was a trailer for the above, so I had a google and it's due for release in March '16.  Saw the comments on the fishy earlier this year talking about the filming, Cohen in the Pontoon, filming etc at tilbury, but does anyone know any more?
Film itself looks okay but I suspect the town (and the Town?) will not come out well.

Storyline

MI6's top assassin (Mark Strong) has a brother. Unfortunately for him, he's an English football hooligan (Sacha Baron Cohen) from the town of Grimsby. Nobby has everything a man from the poor English fishing town of Grimsby could want - 9 children and the most attractive girlfriend in northern England (Rebel Wilson). There's only one thing missing in his life: his little brother, Sebastian. After they were adopted by different families as children, Nobby spent 28 years searching for him. Upon hearing of his location, Nobby sets off to reunite with his brother, unaware that not only is his brother an MI6 agent, but he's just uncovered a plot that puts the world in danger. On the run and wrongfully accused, Sebastian realizes that if he is going to save the world, he will need the help of its biggest idiot. Written by Sony Pictures Entertainment.

UTM
Posted by: psgmariner, December 20, 2015, 6:23pm; Reply: 1
His accent is not very good.

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2015/dec/10/sacha-baron-cohen-unveils-trailer-for-grimsby-on-jimmy-kimmel-live
Posted by: moosey_club, December 20, 2015, 7:03pm; Reply: 2
Grimsby Fking "United" ?!?!?!?!?!??!

Was prepared to give the film a chance......not now.  

United FFS !!
Posted by: grimsby pete, December 20, 2015, 8:09pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from moosey_club
Grimsby Fking "United" ?!?!?!?!?!??!

Was prepared to give the film a chance......not now.  

United FFS !!

If they had called the club Grimsby Town,

The real Grimsby Town might have sued  ;D
Posted by: Grim74, December 20, 2015, 8:35pm; Reply: 4
Looking forward to this one trailer looks good but il probably download rather than go to the cinema, anyone thinking about going to watch the new Star Wars film don't believe the over hyped reviews because I thought it was absolute garbage.
Posted by: mariner91, December 21, 2015, 4:33pm; Reply: 5
If you're saying it's garbage then I've no doubt it's probably ace.
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, December 21, 2015, 4:51pm; Reply: 6
Have Chewie and Han Solo finally confirmed the whispers or was it just too ethnically diverse for you?
Posted by: Grim74, December 21, 2015, 5:41pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
Have Chewie and Han Solo finally confirmed the whispers or was it just too ethnically diverse for you?

You would love it Rodley, political correctness is strong in this one.
Posted by: mariner91, December 21, 2015, 6:54pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Grim74

You would love it Rodley, political correctness is strong in this one.

Knew you were a big fan really!
Posted by: Manchester Mariner, December 25, 2015, 12:17am; Reply: 9
From watching the trailer it looks like it'll be pretty dire. Baron-Cohen has really lost it after his early promise.
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, February 1, 2016, 8:53pm; Reply: 10
;D

[youtube]WrBqfD5TaIs[/youtube]
Posted by: LH, February 5, 2016, 10:35pm; Reply: 11
Just seen the trailer on the telly for the first time as I've refused to go out of my own way to watch it so far. He sounds like one of my ex-uncles "oo were from mexbruh".
Posted by: Rick12, February 17, 2016, 12:20pm; Reply: 12
Film didnt look the best to me on the trailer .Poor comedy which depicts the town of Grimsby wrongly.  
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, February 17, 2016, 1:05pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from Rick12
Film didnt look the best to me on the trailer .Poor comedy which depicts the town of Grimsby wrongly Tilbury correctly  
  ;)

Posted by: Rick12, February 18, 2016, 3:47pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from FishOutOfWater
  ;)

Naughty  ;)

Posted by: Dan, February 25, 2016, 10:29am; Reply: 15
Saw this movie yesterday, I actually thought it was quite affectionate towards us. It wasn't anywhere near as bad as it could have been.
Posted by: Davec, March 1, 2016, 7:07pm; Reply: 16
Went today, 3:30 showing

Very very funny

I advise everyone to go and see it.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, March 3, 2016, 12:32pm; Reply: 17
Saw it last night and to me it was typical SBC comedy...Borat still my favourite but this was up there in its own way

I just enjoyed it and didn't really make any connection as such that it was supposedly our home town when the action was set on the streets of where he lived ( although there were some more than obvious references with the football and the fish )

Just because they decided to use our name in vain doesn't mean you can't look past what was going on satirically

A lot of slapstick, a lot of one liners and all-in-all plenty of laughs to keep me enterained...if anyone is upset by it, then their loss really if they can't laugh at themselves and their supposed home
Posted by: ginnywings, March 5, 2016, 3:12pm; Reply: 18
Obviously Grimsby was chosen so they could do a play on words with The Brothers Grimm. :-/ I've not seen it yet but those that have say it isn't really that apparent it is about our home town.
Posted by: arryarryarry, March 7, 2016, 1:15pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from FishOutOfWater
Saw it last night and to me it was typical SBC comedy...Borat still my favourite but this was up there in its own way

I just enjoyed it and didn't really make any connection as such that it was supposedly our home town when the action was set on the streets of where he lived ( although there were some more than obvious references with the football and the fish )...just because they decided to use our name in vain doesn't mean you can't look past what was going on satirically

A lot of slapstick, a lot of one liners and all-in-all plenty of laughs to keep me enterained...if anyone is upset by it, then their loss really if they can't laugh at themselves and their supposed home

I haven't seen it yet but the clips I have seen look bloody hilarious, just my sort of toilet humour.

As regards knocking the old Town, there's plenty on here that do that. ;)

Posted by: Brazilnut, March 7, 2016, 10:55pm; Reply: 20
not a SBC fan and only glanced at his previous films .....went to watch this .....plenty of titters and a few good laughs ......film went by smoothly enough ....GY not really called ......showed a sense of sticking together and family comes first .
Print page generated: April 29, 2024, 3:57pm