Marshall

Bogle
Pittman

Tait
Gowling
Disley
Monkhouse
Amond

Not sure if Nolan's cup tied, the only team i can think of him playing, always a risk in this cup we have a lack of wingers and Arnold played a lot of games so far this season. Started East because he needs games after injury.
Posted by: chaos33, February 5, 2016, 9:05pm; Reply: 1
Yeah wouldn't disagree with that. Now we don't have 'fringe players' there's not much scope to rotate the team. Personally I couldn't care less if we win or lose tomorrow. I'm just hoping that we avoid injuries.
Posted by: davmariner, February 5, 2016, 9:05pm; Reply: 2
Warrington

East
Pearson
Nsiala
Horwood

Nolan
Clay
Henderson

Marshall
Bogle
Pittman

Posted by: Les Brechin, February 5, 2016, 9:13pm; Reply: 3
Havant got a clue what sort of team PH will put out.  ;)
Posted by: ginnywings, February 5, 2016, 9:37pm; Reply: 4
Said in his pre-match that there will be changes. We should have too much for them whatever team we put out and i expect we'll still be in it for the next round as Hurst takes this competition seriously, for better or worse.
Posted by: DocTower, February 5, 2016, 9:45pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from ginnywings
Said in his pre-match that there will be changes. We should have too much for them whatever team we put out and i expect we'll still be in it for the next round as Hurst takes this competition seriously, for better or worse.

There isn't much scope for changes ,, unless they play wherever they want to . Hopefully this match will get last Saturday's taste out of our mouths , we've been going on too long about it .
Posted by: Mariner_09, February 5, 2016, 10:48pm; Reply: 6
Shame he didn't get those players he wanted in and they could have been given their debuts under minimal pressure and therefore been blooded slowly and gently, plus we wouldn't need to risk players such as Arnold, Omar or Toto.

McKeown
East Toto Pearson Horwood
    Clifton Henderson Clay
    Pittman Bogle Marshall

Bench: Warrington, Doig, Nolan, Fawcett, Tait

Want to give the older players the day off and there's no need to risk Arnold or Amond.
Posted by: Rik e B, February 5, 2016, 11:38pm; Reply: 7
Shows we a bit threadbare in some positions... hope we can get through unscathed until point where loans in would be able to last to all playoff games.
Posted by: bobbyturtle, February 6, 2016, 12:22am; Reply: 8
                        ]cat
ferret  guinea pig   goldfish  hamster

hare  yard dog   cockerill  whippet

fox(in the box) haddock

subs
lamb
lobster
pig
rat
grasshopper

a pet first team, just making sure the first team don't get injured.

utm
Posted by: bobbyturtle, February 6, 2016, 12:25am; Reply: 9
2-0
fox and hadock
Posted by: Andy_worldwide_mariner, February 6, 2016, 6:40am; Reply: 10
Tough one compared to the previous rounds, with having a smaller squad now. I'd go with the following:

McKeown

East
Toto
Pearson "C"
Horwood

Marshall
Henderson
Nolan/Clifton- depending on whether or not PH intends to start Nolan on Tuesday
Arnold

Bogle
Pittman

I think that this team would have enough to best Havant and Waterlooville, whilst also giving squad players some game time. UTM  :)
Posted by: ginnywings, February 6, 2016, 9:25am; Reply: 11
Several mentions of smaller squad and not being able to change it much. The squad has been small all season, yet the perception is that it's suddenly got smaller, when in reality it hasn't.
Posted by: chaos33, February 6, 2016, 10:51am; Reply: 12
Only having three strikers on the books is where we take the biggest strain IMO. We shouldn't be in this position. We don't even have a young striker we could consider playing, like we did with Southwell etc.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, February 6, 2016, 12:16pm; Reply: 13
Team should be any eleven sat in a local pub at around 2pm, might as well field a pub team to play another pub team.
Posted by: ginnywings, February 6, 2016, 1:00pm; Reply: 14
They have some very experienced players with league experience and are far removed from a pub team.
Posted by: chaos33, February 6, 2016, 1:34pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from ginnywings
They have some very experienced players with league experience and are far removed from a pub team.

And they are third bottom of conference south, so let's not kid ourselves mate.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, February 6, 2016, 1:37pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from ginnywings

My point being that our season could be compromised by playing unnecessary Trophy games
Posted by: ginnywings, February 6, 2016, 1:59pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from chaos33

And they are third bottom of conference south, so let's not kid ourselves mate.

Yeah true but a pub side is a little demeaning.
Posted by: chaos33, February 6, 2016, 2:04pm; Reply: 18
Yeah I guess it is. A countryside inn side then.  :)
Posted by: ginnywings, February 6, 2016, 2:08pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from chaos33
Yeah I guess it is. A countryside inn side then.  :)

I'll settle for that.
Print page generated: April 29, 2024, 7:45am