Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Les Brechin, February 6, 2016, 10:13am
Barrow V Cheltenham
Boreham Wood V Kidderminster
Lincoln City V Eastleigh
Tranmere V Southport
Welling V Altrincham
Wrexham V Forest Green

I haven't totally given up on the title yet but we could do with a favour today from Andy Cook and Conor Jennings. Defeats for Chelts and FGR today would give us a bit of extra hope. Lincoln could do us a favour too and Tranmere are starting to look a bit dangerous now.
Posted by: davmariner, February 6, 2016, 10:40am; Reply: 1
Could do with a couple of postponements from those fixtures!
Posted by: chaos33, February 6, 2016, 10:45am; Reply: 2
I think Chelts, Tranmere, FGR and Eastleigh will all win. Forest green look to have the toughest game on paper I'd say. Wrexham need to win to get into the play off picture.
Posted by: forza ivano, February 6, 2016, 12:15pm; Reply: 3
Chelts must be sniggering .played almost their entire youth team in the trophy, no threats of injuries n suspension to first teasers, who get more rest. They then get to steal a march on those teams who think the trophy is important, and consequently won't be playing twice a week at the crunch part of the season.

Compare and contrast..........
Posted by: lee65, February 6, 2016, 12:18pm; Reply: 4
With lasts weeks performance though Forza might it help build some of the regulars confidence again if they play well today?, and that could benefit us in the next league game (yes, injuries are a risk of course)
Posted by: lee65, February 6, 2016, 12:19pm; Reply: 5
And the cross wasn't me btw  ;)
Posted by: ackomariner, February 6, 2016, 12:20pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from forza ivano
Chelts must be sniggering .played almost their entire youth team in the trophy, no threats of injuries n suspension to first teasers, who get more rest. They then get to steal a march on those teams who think the trophy is important, and consequently won't be playing twice a week at the crunch part of the season.

Compare and contrast..........

Absolutely
Posted by: ackomariner, February 6, 2016, 12:22pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Les Brechin
Barrow V Cheltenham
Boreham Wood V Kidderminster
Lincoln City V Eastleigh
Tranmere V Southport
Welling V Altrincham
Wrexham V Forest Green

I haven't totally given up on the title yet but we could do with a favour today from Andy Cook and Conor Jennings. Defeats for Chelts and FGR today would give us a bit of extra hope. Lincoln could do us a favour too and Tranmere are starting to look a bit dangerous now.

Hoping other teams do us a favour........ No further on from 3 years ago in reality
Posted by: MuddyWaters, February 6, 2016, 12:27pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from ackomariner

Hoping other teams do us a favour........ No further on from 3 years ago in reality

Sad but true. It does seem that this year's plan was to find a way to get into the play-offs and take our chance. Maybe Operation Play-Offs would have been a better title for the Crowdfunder project?
Posted by: LH, February 6, 2016, 12:29pm; Reply: 9
Is promotion not possible from the play offs or have I misunderstood them for all these years?
Posted by: MuddyWaters, February 6, 2016, 12:30pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from LH
Is promotion not possible from the play offs or have I misunderstood them for all these years?

Yep, 1 in 4 chance.
Posted by: ackomariner, February 6, 2016, 12:38pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from LH

Playoffs wasn't the objective this season as I'm sure you well know, so now it's a lottery again.
I'm 99% certain that the titles gone but stranger things have happened.
Posted by: AdamHaddock, February 6, 2016, 12:45pm; Reply: 12
Barrow and Lincoln will both roll over. I'm hopeful Wrexham can get something though
Posted by: LH, February 6, 2016, 12:45pm; Reply: 13
I'd love nothing more than for us to have won every game so far and have been promoted already/before Easter but there are 23 other teams in the division who want to get promoted and several of those who are genuine competition for the league.

The play-offs are excrement and not where we want to be  but they provide a promotion place. All is not lost.
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, February 6, 2016, 5:12pm; Reply: 14
Jammy sods how many more times? The top two pull further away, luck is definitely not on our side starting to luck bleak now. :(
Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 6, 2016, 5:16pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
Jammy sods how many more times? The top two pull further away, luck is definitely not on our side starting to luck bleak now. :(

Funny how they are lucky game after game.

What was it this time? Did they get dodgy penalties late on? I expect Wrexham are rueing that jammy break that FGR got when the Rovers player was sent off after 93 minutes when Wrexham were winning.
Posted by: voiceofreason, February 6, 2016, 5:19pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Funny how they are lucky game after game.

What was it this time? Did they get dodgy penalties late on? I expect Wrexham are rueing that jammy break that FGR got when the Rovers player was sent off after 93 minutes when Wrexham were winning.

Cheltenham were lucky when they missed that penalty today also!

Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, February 6, 2016, 5:24pm; Reply: 17
I hate forest green
Posted by: ginnywings, February 6, 2016, 5:36pm; Reply: 18
Good sides keep doing the biz and that is why they rise to the top. Nothing has changed for me and the play offs look increasingly likely with every passing game.
Print page generated: April 29, 2024, 7:05am