Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, February 9, 2016, 2:57pm
It is likely to we will be in the playoffs.  Some fans have expressed concerns about facing one of the top 2 clubs in the Promotion Final.

Assuming that we and FGR or Cheltenham get to the final.   The automatic place is likely to go to the wire.  This would mean that one team is going to be extremely disappointed at the end of the season.  And doubley disappointed that they have lost out to their close county rivals.

We would not know how the "losing" team would react.  However, in 2011-12 Wrexham were in exactly the same position.  They finished 2nd to Fleetwood on 98 points.  In the playoffs they lost to the team who finished 5th (Luton).

(Fleetwood had an outstanding away record of 18 league wins and only 2 draws.  Showing us how to clinically change draws into wins).

FGR or Cheltenham might be more motivated in the playoffs than Wrexham were.  However, I think that we should play to our strengths and not be overly concerned about other teams.  We have extensive experience in the playoffs to draw on and we get better every year.  
Posted by: 97 (Guest), February 9, 2016, 3:04pm; Reply: 1
Not Cheltenham. Not Tranmere. Anyone else I can take.
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, February 9, 2016, 3:05pm; Reply: 2
A decent ref wouldn't go amiss either
Posted by: kamakazebear, February 9, 2016, 3:05pm; Reply: 3
I've got a feeling Tranmere are going to finish strongly too, reckon this might be a difficult play offs to win!
Posted by: oldun, February 9, 2016, 3:12pm; Reply: 4
If we don't think we can beat any of these teams then we don't deserve to be promoted. Simple as that.
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, February 9, 2016, 3:41pm; Reply: 5
I can see another Gateshead playoff scenario looming
Posted by: Abdul19, February 9, 2016, 3:45pm; Reply: 6
I'd rather Cheltenham win the league than Forest Green. After that I'm not fussed.
Posted by: Mariner_09, February 9, 2016, 4:13pm; Reply: 7
I don't give two monkeys who goes up with us!
Posted by: GrimRob, February 9, 2016, 4:19pm; Reply: 8
We know it's going to be hard so what's new? Right now I'd settle for anyone in the final at Wembley!
Posted by: grimsby pete, February 9, 2016, 4:21pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Mariner_09
I don't give two monkeys who goes up with us!

I agree, we will beat whoever is in front of us,

If we have to go in the play offs.
Posted by: ROKERITE, February 9, 2016, 5:15pm; Reply: 10
I didn't expect Cheltenham Town to be in the hunt for the play-offs, never mind top spot.  I still feel they'll fall away, though like Leicester City they keep on winning and proving me wrong.
I don't believe it is impossible Grimsby Town can be Champions this season but if it's the play-offs then I'd rather face Cheltenham than FGR or Tranmere.
Posted by: mariner91, February 9, 2016, 5:24pm; Reply: 11
Matt Tubbs has just signed for Eastleigh. Allegedly on £6K a week albeit on loan.
Posted by: Garth, February 9, 2016, 6:42pm; Reply: 12
Put the boot on the other foot, whoever does not get promoted automatically will proberly have to face the free scoring Grimsby for 90+minutes
Posted by: AdamHaddock, February 10, 2016, 12:58am; Reply: 13
Town for the title, Macclesfield to win the play offs, mitigating the excessively southern nature of League 2
Print page generated: May 5, 2024, 6:39pm