Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Laddy89, February 13, 2016, 9:20pm
Paul Hurst believes Town fans are 'spoilt'

We are in the conference league of football and every season fade away and fail in the play offs

Yes I agree this season has been good to watch but I would never ever say we are 'spoilt' £18 to watch conference footy. N
Not quite.
Posted by: X, February 13, 2016, 9:28pm; Reply: 1
I think you need to rephrase, parts of this season have been good to watch, today certainly wasn't...
Posted by: jonnyboy82, February 13, 2016, 9:30pm; Reply: 2
Spoiled is an insult to every town fan who managed to see buckleys team with the likes of donovan mendonca etc..

Thats when we was spoiled and to say that is frankly embarrassing

Does paul have it in his head that his team play silky football because for the majority of the past five years seeing our central defender or full back launch it 60 yards is the norm.

Idiot.
Posted by: headingly_mariner, February 13, 2016, 9:37pm; Reply: 3
I think what he is suggesting is that at home we have been spoilt this season. In reality our home record this season is excellent, we have been attacking and scored loads of goals. Probably a poor choice of words but not really worth everyone getting their knickers in a twist over imo.

Have to say I quite admire his defence of his players in public. When it doesn't go your way as a boss it's easy to blame those below you and we've had plenty of managers willing to slag the players off in the past.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, February 13, 2016, 9:37pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from jonnyboy82
Spoiled is an insult to every town fan who managed to see buckleys team with the likes of donovan mendonca etc..

Thats when we was spoiled and to say that is frankly embarrassing

Does paul have it in his head that his team play silky football because for the majority of the past five years seeing our central defender or full back launch it 60 yards is the norm.

Idiot.

Add to that Ford, Drinkall, Brolly, Cummings, Batch, Moor D & K, Stone, Crombie, Batch & Kilmore..........

We have played well at times this year mostly when Townsend was in the side, mostly apart from that we have been pretty much hit and miss.

Think the fans of Cheltenham have been "spoiled" top of the league, winning each week and looking a really good bet for the title.

Remember PH is from Yorkshire so he thinks anything other than bread and dripping and getting out of the bath to take a p1ss is living the high life.

"spoiled"???   FFS............  
Posted by: barralad, February 13, 2016, 9:42pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from headingly_mariner
I think what he is suggesting is that at home we have been spoilt this season. In reality our home record this season is excellent, we have been attacking and scored loads of goals. Probably a poor choice of words but not really worth everyone getting their knickers in a twist over imo.

Have to say I quite admire his defence of his players in public. When it doesn't go your way as a boss it's easy to blame those below you and we've had plenty of managers willing to slag the players off in the past.

THIS:- I have to say I listened to it from the link and was expecting a semi-rant. He clearly says spoilt in the context of the football played this season at home
Posted by: chaos33, February 13, 2016, 9:42pm; Reply: 6

Although I disagree with several aspects of that, it's a very good point, well argued.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, February 13, 2016, 9:53pm; Reply: 7

As long as he defends them in public and is honest about today's performance with them in private.

At home we have lost 2 this year, the last time was in October to be fair. Again we have dawn to many games this year, so far 11 in the league 5 of which have been home games dropping 10 points, not sure that is an "excellent" home record.        

Posted by: Tradjazz, February 13, 2016, 9:59pm; Reply: 8
Spoilt? This is the 5th tier for goodness sake. £18 to watch this is overpriced. Still we keep going and next season will be saying this is our year! Might be right on day only time will tell. The trouble is that we are fed hype which fails to materialise and leaves the fans frustrated. Will be even harder next season with the new parachute payments to the relegated clubs giving them a cash boost. Can we not tell some rich Saudi prince that we think there is oil in the humber?
Posted by: HackneyHaddock, February 13, 2016, 10:06pm; Reply: 9
Yes today was excrement, but I think PH just wanted to defend his players, which is admirable.

Had he said "The fans have seen us play some great games here, and are used to us scoring 3,4, 7 goals a time, so I can understand why they were upset" no-one would be making a big deal out of it.

I'm more concerned that someone in the coaching/playing set-up today walked out into that howling, swirling wind at BP and went "yep, I know.  The way to win this one today is to get the ball up in the air and have 90 minutes of trying to win headers against huge defenders"
Posted by: HertsGTFC, February 13, 2016, 10:09pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from HackneyHaddock
Yes today was excrement, but I think PH just wanted to defend his players, which is admirable.

Had he said "The fans have seen us play some great games here, and are used to us scoring 3,4, 7 goals a time, so I can understand why they were upset" no-one would be making a big deal out of it.

I'm more concerned that someone in the coaching/playing set-up today walked out into that howling, swirling wind at BP and went "yep, I know.  The way to win this one today is to get the ball up in the air and have 90 minutes of trying to win headers against huge defenders"

Not wishing to defend the indefensible but the players need to take some accountability for today.

Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, February 13, 2016, 10:15pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from HertsGTFC

As long as he defends them in public and is honest about today's performance with them in private.

Not much point in him saying anything then is there if all he's going to do is trot out the usual platitudes. Might as well save his breath and the interviewer's as well.

Posted by: MuddyWaters, February 13, 2016, 10:20pm; Reply: 12
Yes, maybe 20 years ago we were spoilt. Now we're being drip fed the occasional good performance at home culminating in the requisite play off place. Is it enough? For Fenty and the trust, maybe. For me and others of a certain age, no, never.
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, February 13, 2016, 10:32pm; Reply: 13
Spoilt? Not a word I would use to describe Non league games. What is wrong with expecting good performances every game?? Surely that is the aim of every team with ambition.

A very poor day today only Nolan looked like he knew what to do. Horwood looks very limited amond was not getting any decent service,  Apart from Nolan the only other player that stood out was their winger Jeffries who gave Tait a real tough time. We almost let them in with some suicidal back passing in windy conditions, A game definitely to forget no wonder the crowd was so quite.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, February 13, 2016, 11:00pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
Spoilt? Not a word I would use to describe Non league games. What is wrong with expecting good performances every game?? Surely that is the aim of every team with ambition.

A very poor day today only Nolan looked like he knew what to do. Horwood looks very limited amond was not getting any decent service,  Apart from Nolan the only other player that stood out was their winger Jeffries who gave Tait a real tough time. We almost let them in with some suicidal back passing in windy conditions, A game definitely to forget no wonder the crowd was so quite.

There was one time in the first half where Josh passed it across the face of our goal and it looked like their striker was going to latch on to it but it got better when rather then hoofing it out Toto did some kind of step over and passed it out of defence, just......... The only person in BP who believed that could be done was Toto.............. Gulp! That's a concern.

Fair observation re Tait today, possibly the first time all season he has looked uncomfortable, still like his link with Arnold though if the centre mids had supported them better we may have had a different outcome.      

Posted by: arryarryarry, February 14, 2016, 6:35am; Reply: 15

I don't expect him to come on ranting and raving about certain players or even the whole team but a simple apology to the fans saying we were pretty dreadful today would do me, not coming on defending that crap with the words "we've been spoilt".
Posted by: jonnyboy82, February 14, 2016, 8:05am; Reply: 16
Yes exactly.

Why cant he ever say " today was rubbish we werent good enough and them performances i dont want to see again".

I dont think bar braintree a few years ago away he has ever said it, he always manages to credit the other team without hesitation but cant just say sorry that was crap.

He would be liked so much more and get more respect if he was honest without trying to blow smoke up peoples arses.
Print page generated: April 27, 2024, 9:45pm