Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: 97 (Guest), February 14, 2016, 8:08am
The atmosphere. Weather didn't help obviously. But it was the collective sound of 3,900 people finally realising we'd blown it.

Difficult to be optimistic. No reason why we shouldn't be in the play off final. I just hope we don't have a non-performance like that. To be fair to Town and Hurst, statistically it's more likely to be a decent one. And it'll be better weather.

Nolan's good though :)
Posted by: jonnyboy82, February 14, 2016, 8:15am; Reply: 1
The way the team started like they couldnt be arsed certainly didnt help.

Then came the madness at the back between the whole back four for about ten minutes to just make you know how the game was gonna go.

Yes the fans were quiet but it was freezing windy and the way the team started didnt exactly boost the atmosphere.

Nearly 4k turned up though in excrement conditions to a non league game against a club no one really heard of so that makes me think really paul hurst who really is the spoilt one i wonder ?
Posted by: Maringer, February 14, 2016, 9:00am; Reply: 2
I thought our first half performance was one where the players seemed to be thinking, "We'll get through this tough bit, kicking into the wind, make sure we're level at half-time, then beat them in the second half".

The wrong attitude to take, as they subsequently dealt with the wind much better than us and we didn't play well enough to put them under any sustained pressure until the last few minutes. We had one or two good moves in the first half, one of which almost led to a goal for Arnold, but really needed to play much better than that.

Still just one or two good players away from being a team capable of challenging for the title.
Posted by: DocTower, February 14, 2016, 9:14am; Reply: 3
Quoted from Maringer
I
Still just one or two good players away from being a team capable of challenging for the title.

And where have we heard this before ?  

As we were walking out the main talking point apart from the cold and the display was the midfield again . Hopefully with Disley getting his 10th booking we might see an improvement.  
Posted by: blasty, February 14, 2016, 9:16am; Reply: 4
Quoted from Maringer
I thought our first half performance was one where the players seemed to be thinking, "We'll get through this tough bit, kicking into the wind, make sure we're level at half-time, then beat them in the second half".

The wrong attitude to take, as they subsequently dealt with the wind much better than us and we didn't play well enough to put them under any sustained pressure until the last few minutes. We had one or two good moves in the first half, one of which almost led to a goal for Arnold, but really needed to play much better than that.

If the season started again when we got these seemingly elusive players in perhaps we'd have a sniff, although I imagine we'd start just as slowly as we have the past seasons.

From the point we sit at now, we'd have no fecking chance. Admire the positivity, mine is being sucked out of me.
Posted by: jaymariner, February 14, 2016, 10:21am; Reply: 5
The worst thing for me other than the freezing cold was the bearded guy in the upper findus who seems to have a personal vendetta against the referee every single game and thinks that shouting obscenities at the top of his lungs in disagreement at every decision he makes is a good thing. Think I may be moving my season ticket next season just to get away from him tbh
Posted by: DocTower, February 14, 2016, 10:31am; Reply: 6
Quoted from jaymariner
The worst thing for me other than the freezing cold was the bearded guy in the upper findus who seems to have a personal vendetta against the referee every single game and thinks that shouting obscenities at the top of his lungs in disagreement at every decision he makes is a good thing. Think I may be moving my season ticket next season just to get away from him tbh

Can be very annoying , if you say anything your bound to get a mouthful back . You don't seem to get as much funny hour any more . The ref didn't give us much,  as for their keeper time wasting,  how come Mac got booked on Tuesdays match while theirs yesterday kept getting away with it . A match to forget.
Posted by: Maringer, February 14, 2016, 10:32am; Reply: 7
Not quite sure how noting we are still a couple of good players from being a Championship winning team could be taken as a positive! I've been saying the same for the past two and a half seasons...

I still think Disley is our most effective midfielder due to his aerial strength and ability to get around the pitch (though he didn't have a good game yesterday) but hopefully whoever comes into the team in his absence will play well enough to make it difficult for him to win back his place!
Posted by: Hagrid, February 14, 2016, 10:39am; Reply: 8
Quoted from jaymariner

Know exactly who you mean.  :-/
Posted by: 28195 (Guest), February 14, 2016, 10:46am; Reply: 9
In the 1st half fans had nothing to cheer about, at times in the second half the Pontoon tried to get the players going. It was frustrating for the fans when in the final third we made too many mistakes and looked like a pub team. I also invested in some long johns but still froze my nuts off. I don't know how the bloke in the Pontoon wears shorts. He must have radioactive nuts.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 14, 2016, 11:09am; Reply: 10
Quoted from Maringer
Not quite sure how noting we are still a couple of good players from being a Championship winning team could be taken as a positive! I've been saying the same for the past two and a half seasons...

I still think Disley is our most effective midfielder due to his aerial strength and ability to get around the pitch (though he didn't have a good game yesterday) but hopefully whoever comes into the team in his absence will play well enough to make it difficult for him to win back his place!

In your opinion Maringer, are they the same couple of positions/roles that need filling or are they different ones?
Posted by: jonnyboy82, February 14, 2016, 11:53am; Reply: 11
Tbh maringer i have hardly noticed disley on the pitch recently.

Certainly not making the impact on games he should be infact when was the last time he showed what he can do ?

Been a while imo.
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, February 14, 2016, 1:14pm; Reply: 12
The most alarming aspect was the back players knocking it between themselves due to lack of options up front. Amond is not a target man, Pitman was struggling to get in the game their big lads muscled him off the ball. Same happened when Bogle came on seem to want extra touches to get the ball down giving the defenders time to win the ball so I can understand the reluctance of Toto,Tait and Gowling to hoof it up to them. Nolan looks like he wants the ball and generally was looking the most promising outlet. The game was best forgotten the conditions warranted extra care even with the wind at our backs the big hoofs were being over hit.  
Print page generated: April 30, 2024, 5:04am