Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: TheCodfather1966, February 14, 2016, 5:16pm
Classic quote from Hurst..............  " we didn't win, but from my point of view its important that we didn't lose " !!!!  Does the yorkshire gnome realise how many points we are off the top spot and quite simply we had repeat HAD to win this game to have any chance of gaining ground on the top spot.  I am sick and tired of Hurst's view of football and his defeatist attitude. Why was Clay on the bench, he is the only midfield player capable of taking the ball forward.......... If we don't go up through the play offs this season PH has to go in my opinion, enough is enough.

UTM
Posted by: Hagrid, February 14, 2016, 5:29pm; Reply: 1
Clay doesnt take the ball forward. Where this idea has come from i do not know
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, February 14, 2016, 5:30pm; Reply: 2
Yeah I think that is generally accepted but this is getting boring now. I think Hurst will probably go either way TBH.
Posted by: barralad, February 14, 2016, 6:24pm; Reply: 3
Oh good. Another thread on an eight minute interview :o
Posted by: TheCodfather1966, February 14, 2016, 6:26pm; Reply: 4
And Disley and Nolan take the ball forward !!!!!!!  Dis legs are going me thinks.....
Posted by: big al, February 14, 2016, 6:40pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from TheCodfather1966
Classic quote from Hurst..............  " we didn't win, but from my point of view its important that we didn't lose " !!!!  Does the yorkshire gnome realise how many points we are off the top spot and quite simply we had repeat HAD to win this game to have any chance of gaining ground on the top spot.  I am sick and tired of Hurst's view of football and his defeatist attitude. Why was Clay on the bench, he is the only midfield player capable of taking the ball forward.......... If we don't go up through the play offs this season PH has to go in my opinion, enough is enough.

UTM

Don't see the issue. It was a bad performance and two points dropped. But if we'd lost it would have been like a knife to the heart. We all know the top spot has probably slipped away - even as a very long shot. So the next plan has to be to keep the positivity going and move one. What's he going to say? "It was such a bore draw and well short of where we should be, so I'm off" We are all frustrated. I'm probably one of the biggest PH fans on here and even I can see it's not going to plan. BUT the fat lady has not sung and I'm planning on watching League 2 football next year (and not with Tranmere Rovers - my nearest club)
Posted by: barralad, February 14, 2016, 6:52pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from big al

Don't see the issue. It was a bad performance and two points dropped. But if we'd lost it would have been like a knife to the heart. We all know the top spot has probably slipped away - even as a very long shot. So the next plan has to be to keep the positivity going and move one. What's he going to say? "It was such a bore draw and well short of where we should be, so I'm off" We are all frustrated. I'm probably one of the biggest PH fans on here and even I can see it's not going to plan. BUT the fat lady has not sung and I'm planning on watching League 2 football next year (and not with Tranmere Rovers - my nearest club)

Exactly this. Whatever happened to a sense of perspective?
Posted by: barralad, February 14, 2016, 6:58pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Hagrid
Clay doesnt take the ball forward. Where this idea has come from i do not know

I'm a big fan of Clay but Nolan's style of play was far better suited to a game where we knew Boreham Wood would defend in depth. The fact that we didn't go on and win the game is for me down to the lack of performance by several players we can normally rely on and other factors.
Posted by: arryarryarry, February 14, 2016, 7:09pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from big al

"I'm sorry but that was crap and myself and the players are going to do all we can to put that right."
Posted by: HackneyHaddock, February 14, 2016, 7:47pm; Reply: 9
I think after pre-season and a few goals (even a few in early season too) there were high hopes that Clay would go on to be an attacking threat for us, but it hasn't quite worked out, whether by design or default.

Nolan looks like he has good feet and perception, and Disley has pretty much been first name on the sheet (which few, even on here, would have a problem with) but Disley looks like he could do with his two game rest.  Yesterday he looked tired and didn't manage to impose himself on the game.

Nolan and Clay now need to work their socks off in training and give Hurst a reason to keep them together for the rest of the season.

I didn't really have a problem with the team selection yesterday, though I'd have gone with Bogle instead of Pittman.  Having said that, the knives would have been out for Hurst if he'd benched the mid-week goalscorer!  I think sometimes, we just have to say that the team and coaching staff got it wrong and had a shocker, and yesterday was one of those days where it just didn't work, from the tactics through to the execution and decision-making in the pitch.
Posted by: grimsby pete, February 14, 2016, 7:54pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from arryarryarry

"I'm sorry but that was crap and myself and the players are going to do all we can to put that right."

Hurst will never call the players or admit his short comings,

There are not many managers who will call themselves inadequate .
Posted by: barralad, February 14, 2016, 8:07pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from grimsby pete

Hurst will never call the players (in public) or admit his short comings,

There are not many managers who will call themselves inadequate .

And thank fook for that!
Posted by: jonnyboy82, February 14, 2016, 8:18pm; Reply: 12
Imo its easy to label a team that just come and park the bus and make out we couldnt break them down but yesterday was not that.

Yesterday was a match were all we did in very awful wind conditions was boot the ball forward with no actual idea in what they were doing.

Boreham wood just went along with it and probably couldnt believe there luck at how lacking in ideas we were.

Sometimes the manager just has to admit we were not good enough , im not saying slate the players but for once in his grimsby town career say it was excrement if it was excrement and dont try and polish a turd by giving credit to the opposition when infact all the credit was given to them on a plate by hoofing the ball all game.
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, February 14, 2016, 8:21pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from big al

This 👆🏻
Posted by: Fishy4Skin, February 14, 2016, 9:54pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
Yeah I think that is generally accepted but this is getting boring now. I think Hurst will probably go either way TBH.

I sincerely hope you're right.  He's managing at least two divisions above his true level.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, February 14, 2016, 10:01pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from barralad

And thank fook for that!

But, and a big but, he is prepared to call the fans who not only stick their hands in their pockets week in week out but coughed up to the tune of 100k in the summer. To my mind, that makes him pretty dumb.. because we will be here long after he's gone.
Print page generated: April 29, 2024, 9:43am