Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Belfast Town, April 22, 2016, 7:39am
Congratulations to Darlington. They won promotion on Wednesday to the National League North. It's been a long way back, but they're getting there.
Posted by: promotion plaice, April 22, 2016, 7:42am; Reply: 1
Quoted from Belfast Town
Congratulations to Darlington. They won promotion last night to the National League North. It's been a long way back, but they're getting there.

See   "Well done to......."       ( arryarryarry )
Posted by: GrimRob, April 22, 2016, 10:45am; Reply: 2
Darlington 1883 are moving back into the town next season as well, ground sharing with the rugby union side. They got relegated with us, they certainly have followed the scenic route since.
Posted by: RoboCod, April 22, 2016, 12:34pm; Reply: 3
What happened to that white elephant ground of theirs? I remember the vacant stands on their match days, and that Reynolds guy who promised them Premier football and pushed it all the way....what a strange time that was.
Posted by: GrimRob, April 22, 2016, 1:01pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from RoboCod
What happened to that white elephant ground of theirs? I remember the vacant stands on their match days, and that Reynolds guy who promised them Premier football and pushed it all the way....what a strange time that was.

Still there. Darlington Mowden Park RFC play in it! It's called the Northern Echo Arena now

http://www.mowdenpark.com/news/the-northern-echo-arena-venue-information-1600647.html
Posted by: chaos33, April 22, 2016, 1:04pm; Reply: 5
Really pleased for Darlo.
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, April 22, 2016, 2:29pm; Reply: 6
Pleased for darlo. 6-0 up at half time against Whitby, then saw 3/1 odds at over 2.5 goals second half, thought I'll have a tenner on, there was only 2 goals 😒 Lol
Posted by: Davec, April 22, 2016, 3:08pm; Reply: 7
If we aren't careful we'll be playing them again in a national League fixture
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, April 22, 2016, 3:30pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Davec
If we aren't careful we'll be playing them again in a national League fixture

They're only promoted to the conference north.
Posted by: Davec, April 22, 2016, 4:34pm; Reply: 9
And if we don't get promoted this season then we won't for a further 3 of 4 years in my opinion, plenty of time for them to get promoted into this league again
Posted by: AndyDarloFC, April 30, 2016, 12:12am; Reply: 10
We'll be in the Conference North a few years I reckon.

As fans, we're buzzing enough to be in the Conference North so quickly after being demoted by the FA. 3 promotions in 4 years, whatever level you play at is phenomenal.

Moving back to the town with a move in date of late August/early September is positive news for the club and the people of Darlington.

We got the news tonight of a 2 year sponsorship deal with VirginTrains  :)

Can't wait for the new season, hopefully we get a decent cup run and we face you in the near future.

Keep the faith Mariners. #UpTheDarlo
Posted by: KingstonMariner, April 30, 2016, 1:31am; Reply: 11
Well done Darlo. Another phoenix from the flames.
Posted by: lukeo, April 30, 2016, 7:50am; Reply: 12
good set of fans so very happy for them
Posted by: monkeyboy, April 30, 2016, 8:00am; Reply: 13
Do they still play in the echo?
Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 8:04pm