Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: RichMariner, May 24, 2016, 6:55pm
I wrote an account of what promotion really means for us Grimsby fans. I've shared it on Twitter, but not on here (until now).

Hopefully it captures the emotion of the day:

[url]http://wp.me/p1FK1u-Ad[/url]

PS. If you have a video that you'd like me to add to the list, let me know!
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, May 24, 2016, 7:15pm; Reply: 1
, ,  quality read that and the videos are spot on. That 3rd goal meant so much
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 24, 2016, 7:46pm; Reply: 2
I saw that the other day Rich. Very powerful.

It hit me again today at work. I had a call with a Spanish colleague and at the end she said, 'Oh I forgot, how did you get on last Sunday?' [she meant play off not Trophy] As I was telling her about the result and the release of emotion and what it means, I started to get a lump in my throat. I told her I was starting to get choked and had to struggle to control it. Then I added, 'And that's the only way you'll get emotion out of an Englishman'.
Posted by: fishyfanny, May 24, 2016, 8:04pm; Reply: 3
Great read that Rich, well done mate. I think you pretty much summed up how we all felt on the day. In 40 years of following Town, I have been lucky enough to have seen promotions before, but that day was by far the best atmosphere and most emotional (including relegations) that I have ever experienced.
I am so proud to have shared it with all Town fans who were there.
Posted by: chaos33, May 24, 2016, 8:09pm; Reply: 4
Great work mate. Watching those videos regularly still, and it takes me back to the joyful emotion. Fantastic!
Posted by: wycombemariner, May 24, 2016, 8:15pm; Reply: 5
Those videos, I'm welling up before I've even pressed play
Posted by: Rick12, May 24, 2016, 10:02pm; Reply: 6
Good read
Posted by: moosey_club, May 24, 2016, 10:13pm; Reply: 7
i hugged three total strangers in a joyful embrace and lifted one of their kids in the air....thats what it meant !!
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, May 25, 2016, 8:30am; Reply: 8
When the third went in the emotional drain for nearly 2 decades came out in me and I felt my eyes watering , we are rightly back and must never sink that low again
Posted by: mariner91, May 25, 2016, 8:50am; Reply: 9
My denture flew out during the second goal and I was terrified someone would stand on it.
Posted by: Heisenberg, May 25, 2016, 11:33am; Reply: 10
Thanks for posting this, I have loved seeing the different camera angles; it's great to see the fan reaction from different sides of the ground.  A day we'll never forget.
Posted by: ginnywings, May 25, 2016, 12:08pm; Reply: 11
Cheers. Enjoyed that. Pass the hanky.
Posted by: RonMariner, May 25, 2016, 6:27pm; Reply: 12
That is fantastic.

This is the first thing we have had to celebrate in 18 years.  

I believe that Arnold goal is probably the highpoint of my years supporting Town. Better even than Wayne Burnett's golden goal.

I have seen us promoted six times previously, but getting back our league status is the most significant promotion of all.

I have been a little depressed at Sunday's no show, but those video's have lifted me right back up!

Cheers!
Posted by: jaymariner, May 25, 2016, 6:32pm; Reply: 13
My Harry Haddock was thrown up in the air after Arnold's goal by a fellow fan and has not been seen again since, a small price to pay I know for what was the best moment of my life(after the birth of my daughter) but I just wonder where he ended up and whether he is now living the dream in that there London Town.......
Posted by: HertsGTFC, May 25, 2016, 7:25pm; Reply: 14
Brilliant........... I am on one of the clips well my bald head is at any rate.
Posted by: Marinerz93, May 25, 2016, 8:07pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from dapperz fun pub
When the third went in the emotional drain for nearly 2 decades came out in me and I felt my eyes watering , we are rightly back and must never sink that low again

For me there was several emotions, complete and utter elation and dumbstruck as if I had been slapped with a haddock.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/Zpe19rI.gif[/img]
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, May 29, 2016, 7:37pm; Reply: 16
Thanks for that piece and all the footage

I can watch Nathan Armold going past their keeper and rolling the ball in to the net over and over again

To see that third goal go in is probably one of the best feelings I've ever had in all my years as a Town fan

Don't get me wrong I've enjoyed past successes and celebrated them but NEVER have we been so low before and knowing we were going up was probably something like climbing a cliff face or getting to the summit of a mountain after you'd been stranded down below with hope and belief nearly gone

The way that day went has given us all the shot in the arm we needed...now let's get on with making our recovery ever more convincing in 2016-17

UTM GTID
Print page generated: April 29, 2024, 12:13am