Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: bawarmy, May 25, 2016, 12:21am
Has been released by Blackpool. It may have already been mentioned on here,  I don't know but worth a shout? I know we can go for players who haven't played for us before but think he could do a job in league two. Matt tubs is available too
Posted by: AdamHaddock, May 25, 2016, 12:23am; Reply: 1
No

Fecking judas. And he's become a drifter in recent years.
Posted by: Rik e B, May 25, 2016, 1:24am; Reply: 2
Just stop, please.
Posted by: kamakazebear, May 25, 2016, 4:39am; Reply: 3
6 goals in his last 57 games? Has beens on their way down is what got us in this mess in the first place
Posted by: Mallyner, May 25, 2016, 6:05am; Reply: 4
I am not suggesting we try to get him back for one minute, but I was there the night when Martin made his debut and we gave him a standing ovation when he was subbed late in the game.

I still use him when talking about ultimate effort as a forward, because he sprinted with sheer determination to chase balls down. If Omar used the same principal to chase every seemingly lost cause at that pace, rather than a fast canter, it would turn him from a very good prospect, into a superb player.
Posted by: Davec, May 25, 2016, 6:11am; Reply: 5
I would just like to reiterate one more time

We are allowed to sign new players who haven't before played for Grimsby you know, they don't all need to be ex players returning
Posted by: jamesgtfc, May 25, 2016, 7:07am; Reply: 6
Pre-season wouldn't be pre-season without ex-player threads.

Waiting for Dayle Southwell to be recommended by the very people who berated him.
Posted by: mariner91, May 25, 2016, 7:13am; Reply: 7
Quoted from Mallyner
I am not suggesting we try to get him back for one minute, but I was there the night when Martin made his debut and we gave him a standing ovation when he was subbed late in the game.

I still use him when talking about ultimate effort as a forward, because he sprinted with sheer determination to chase balls down. If Omar used the same principal to chase every seemingly lost cause at that pace, rather than a fast canter, it would turn him from a very good prospect, into a superb player.

That was very nearly a decade ago. Lump was also superb that night so we might as well get him back too.
Posted by: jonnyboy82, May 25, 2016, 7:08am; Reply: 8
intercourse it lets get john thorrington back too.
Posted by: golfer, May 25, 2016, 7:33am; Reply: 9
If we are going to sign has beens who never were I might as well get my boots out again.  There under the wheel chair next to my Jock Strap and Brylcream darling.
Posted by: TAGG, May 25, 2016, 7:37am; Reply: 10
Quoted from kamakazebear
6 goals in his last 57 games? Has beens on their way down is what got us in this mess in the first place

^This^
Really liked the bloke when he was here but that was then.
Posted by: grimsby pete, May 25, 2016, 8:16am; Reply: 11
Peter Bore was seen at cheapside yesterday,

He was painting a fence. ;)
Posted by: jonnyboy82, May 25, 2016, 8:18am; Reply: 12
Quoted from grimsby pete
Peter Bore was seen at cheapside yesterday,

He was painting a fence. ;)

He might start off painting slow but work with him and give him time.

The lad has alot of potential to paint it but i question if his best position is standing up or sitting down.

No doubt if he fullfills his potential he will be one of the best painters in his trade it just depends if he can be bothered.
Posted by: Rik e B, May 25, 2016, 8:54am; Reply: 13
He still hasn't got it into his noggin then...
Posted by: Bigdog, May 25, 2016, 9:45am; Reply: 14
Quoted from Davec
I would just like to reiterate one more time

We are allowed to sign new players who haven't before played for Grimsby you know, they don't all need to be ex players returning

Ryan Bennett?
Posted by: diehardmariner, May 25, 2016, 11:00am; Reply: 15
Quoted from AdamHaddock
No

Fecking judas. And he's become a drifter in recent years.

Judas?  

He was on loan here for a couple of months.  

I don't want him back though, I didn't even realise he was back in the UK.
Posted by: MeanwoodMariner, May 25, 2016, 11:57am; Reply: 16
While I don't think Paterson is the way forward, I would issue a word of caution to those arguing to stop threads like this. Be careful what you wish for as you might be left with "what's your all time favourite XI fish puns" until August.
Posted by: ginnywings, May 25, 2016, 12:03pm; Reply: 17
What's wrong with signing ex players anyway? I'd have Pond back no question and i'm sure there are other examples. Paterson not being one of them of course.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, May 25, 2016, 12:35pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from jonnyboy82
intercourse it lets get john thorrington back too.

Sestanovich must be nearing the end of his sentence now, I think we should give him another chance.
Posted by: geir, May 25, 2016, 12:36pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from ginnywings
What's wrong with signing ex players anyway? I'd have Pond back no question and i'm sure there are other examples. Paterson not being one of them of course.

Yes! Nathan Pond! There`s a player that I`d like to see in a Grimsby shirt next season. Excellent player. Scored a few too. Sign him up, Hurst! ;-)
Posted by: devs, May 25, 2016, 12:39pm; Reply: 20
No the type we should be looking at
He's on the way down
Posted by: Grantley, May 25, 2016, 12:39pm; Reply: 21
Paterson or Pond? Paterson is obviously on his way down but in no way Pond is.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, May 25, 2016, 12:50pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from ginnywings

Very good player but 3 years older now. He wasn't too quick then. Him and Gowling at CB? That's an either/or for me and we already have Gowling.

Occasionally a return works - Matt Tees, Paul Groves etc. but most often the player is a shadow of what we remember they were.
Posted by: Grantley, May 25, 2016, 12:49pm; Reply: 23
Pond is the quickest centre half we've had in the conference ;D
Posted by: mariner91, May 25, 2016, 1:03pm; Reply: 24

Very good player but 3 years older now. He wasn't too quick then. Him and Gowling at CB? That's an either/or for me and we already have Gowling.

Occasionally a return works - Matt Tees, Paul Groves etc. but most often the player is a shadow of what we remember they were.

He was very athletic I thought? Great option as an emergency keeper too if that handball over the line against Lincoln is anything to go by.
Posted by: Tommy, May 25, 2016, 1:12pm; Reply: 25
Reading this has for some reason given me the urge to look back at our team in the first season in the conference. This was our line-up in our first conference game away at Crawley in 2010:

Arthur
Wood Kempson Watt Ridley
Bore Leary Hudson Coulson
Peacock Connell

Subs used: N.Dixon, Eagle.
Subs not used: Garner, Samuels, Cummins.

How the hell we won any games that season ill never know, let alone that day against the eventual champions.
Posted by: mariner91, May 25, 2016, 1:22pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from Tommy
Reading this has for some reason given me the urge to look back at our team in the first season in the conference. This was our line-up in our first conference game away at Crawley in 2010:

Arthur
Wood Kempson Watt Ridley
Peacock Connell

How the hell we won any games that season ill never know, let alone that day against the eventual champions.

Who was N Dixon?!
Posted by: jonnyboy82, May 25, 2016, 1:18pm; Reply: 27
Nathan dixon i believe yt striker ?
Posted by: fiveallive, May 25, 2016, 1:26pm; Reply: 28
Allt his talk of Nathan Pond has he left Fleetwood?.
Posted by: diehardmariner, May 25, 2016, 1:28pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from Grantley
Pond is the quickest centre half we've had in the conference ;D

Pond was quick but I would put a lot of money on Toto leaving him for dust.
Posted by: Abdul19, May 25, 2016, 2:47pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from Tommy

Arthur
Wood Kempson Watt Ridley
Peacock Connell

Strength in depth in centre midfield there  ;D
Posted by: 97 (Guest), May 25, 2016, 2:55pm; Reply: 31
I would love to see Ricky Ravenhill back. #legend
Posted by: 75 (Guest), May 25, 2016, 8:12pm; Reply: 32
I would be delighted if we could sign Patto. Very little chance I'd have thought, he's moved around for seven figure fees and is used to a good wedge. Can only be late twenties? I'd break the rule of signing former players for him.
Posted by: Marinerz93, May 25, 2016, 8:20pm; Reply: 33
He is tainted with Scunt, so I'm out.
Posted by: smokey111, May 25, 2016, 8:39pm; Reply: 34
9 clubs in 9 years, hasn't scored in two seasons....move on
Posted by: DocTower, May 25, 2016, 9:27pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from smokey111
9 clubs in 9 years, hasn't scored in two seasons....move on

Sounds a bit of a journey man with 9 clubs .  Lewis hadn't scored many until his last season , Connel the same and of course Podge . In the right team he might start to find the net again but I doubt he would come , however I don't think it will be until the end of the month before we hear of any signings . Getting very tense waiting .
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 25, 2016, 9:54pm; Reply: 36
Quoted from Tommy

Arthur
Wood Kempson Watt Ridley
Peacock Connell

Might be something to do with a striker having his best season and scoring 30 goals.
Posted by: headingly_mariner, May 25, 2016, 10:21pm; Reply: 37
Paterson has had a job lot of injuries, if fit he would urine this league, he's never gonna be fit though.
Print page generated: April 29, 2024, 5:49pm