Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Les Brechin, May 25, 2016, 1:01pm
I know a lot of people couldn't give a toss but I was just wondering what your preferences were in the play-offs this season.

League 2 is AFC Wimbledon v Plymouth. For me I'd like to see Plymouth go up, mainly for the fact that I've been to Home Park a couple of times but have never been to Kings Meadow where Wimbledon currently play and it'll be another London area game when I can have a weekend at my brothers.

League 1 is Millwall v Barnsley. Never been a big fan of either team to be honest, but I hope that Millwall win, only for the fact that if they lose their fans will probably smash up Wembley.  ;D

The Championship is Hull v Sheff Wednesday. Now that's a bit like trying to choose between syphilis and gonorrhea, but it has to be Wednesday as we'd never hear the end of it on Radio Humberside if Hull went up.
Posted by: GrimRob, May 25, 2016, 1:15pm; Reply: 1
if Hull go up we can get loads of loan players off them!
Posted by: promotion plaice, May 25, 2016, 1:15pm; Reply: 2

I just hope Wednesday beat Hull on Saturday, not bothered about the others.
Posted by: Paris Mariner, May 25, 2016, 1:18pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from GrimRob

As we could Wednesday....
Posted by: horsforthmariner, May 25, 2016, 1:27pm; Reply: 4
Always had a soft spot for Wimbledon since their football club was stolen by MK franchise. So I hope they go up and stuff MK next season.

Millwall vs Barnsley - I once got punched by a Millwall fan for "been northern"  about 15 years ago so I hope Barnsley win.

Obviously don't want Hull to be 3 divisions above us again so c'mon you Owls.
Posted by: pontoonlew, May 25, 2016, 1:37pm; Reply: 5
Plymouth to get rid of them because they're a good side & its flipping miles away.

Wednesday to beat Hull because they're a massive club who have been away too long and I cannot bare the Hull loving on Hullberside.

Couldn't give a toss about the other one.
Posted by: Caesar, May 25, 2016, 1:45pm; Reply: 6
Mother is a Wednesday fan so that takes care of the championship, plus I think Hillsborough looking full again would be awesome sight compared to the vast emptiness it has seen recently.

League 1 is a much of a muchness for me, don't care really for either team so what may be may be.  

As for League 2 my head says I want Plymouth to go up, Wimbledon would be a nice local game for me to get to.  However my heart want to see Franchise FC and Wimbledon play each other.
Posted by: grimsby pete, May 25, 2016, 1:53pm; Reply: 7
I thought you were going to ask who WE wanted at the end of the season Les, ;D

A bit cocky I thought. ;D
Posted by: lukeo, May 25, 2016, 2:01pm; Reply: 8
Plymouth to stay down as it's closer to me than afc Wimbledon. . the others not to arsed abput
Posted by: Civvy at last, May 25, 2016, 2:15pm; Reply: 9
Plymouth to stay down. I can then take my lad for a weekend.
So I can wander round saying 'it wasn't like this 30 years ago etc etc 💤💤

But of course we will play them away on a freezing cold Tuesday night game !!
Posted by: cmackenzie4, May 25, 2016, 2:19pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Civvy at last
Plymouth to stay down. I can then take my lad for a weekend.
So I can wander round saying 'it wasn't like this 30 years ago etc etc 💤💤

But of course we will play them away on a freezing cold Tuesday night game !!

Union street by any chance?   8)
Posted by: grimps, May 25, 2016, 2:14pm; Reply: 11
Wimbledon would be nice to go back to after the famous Harry Haddock cup game there in 89 , although I reckon Plymouth would probably bring more fans here
Posted by: Les Brechin, May 25, 2016, 2:26pm; Reply: 12
I was forgetting about The Franchise Scum being in League 1 next season, so it probably would be nice to see Wimbledon go up.
Posted by: supertown, May 25, 2016, 2:39pm; Reply: 13
Just Hull to lose will do me
Posted by: 97 (Guest), May 25, 2016, 2:59pm; Reply: 14
League 2: Plymouth

League 1: Barnsley

Championship: I hope they both get disqualified for a mass brawl and Brighton go up by default.
Posted by: Chrisblor, May 25, 2016, 2:57pm; Reply: 15
Plymouth because Wimbledon's easier to get to, Barnsley cos the West Stand Bogs lot seem likeable on twitter, Wednesday cos Hillsborough is a ten minute tram ride away from me, I can see it from the top floor of my workplace and I've got a bit of a soft spot for them.
Posted by: Chrisblor, May 25, 2016, 2:59pm; Reply: 16
Also it's very important that Wednesday win because it'll intercourse Simon Clark off
Posted by: Abdul19, May 25, 2016, 3:03pm; Reply: 17
Wednesday, Millwall, Wimbledon.
Posted by: ginnywings, May 25, 2016, 3:14pm; Reply: 18
Not bothered to be honest, though after reading what the Hully Gullies said about us, i hope they lose. Trouble is i want Wednesday to lose too, so it's the lesser of two evils. Hull losing would be sweeter in the grand scheme of things.
Posted by: LondonMariner43, May 25, 2016, 3:18pm; Reply: 19
I like the idea of AFC Wimbledon moving up the pyramid and MK Dons fading into oblivion but while we are in L2, I'd like them to stay as its a nice easy game for me to get to :-)
Posted by: Mariner_09, May 25, 2016, 3:25pm; Reply: 20
Wednesday because I hate Hull more than everyone but Man U.

Barnsley because I don't like southerners

Wimbledon because I want to go to Home Park.
Posted by: moosey_club, May 25, 2016, 3:59pm; Reply: 21
but...Plymouth, a night on "The Strip" beckons....

Millwall to turn Barnsley over hopefully, dont want an increase in the Red shirts blotting the landscape amongst the comforts throughout the summer months.
Posted by: Cloudy, May 25, 2016, 4:08pm; Reply: 22
Wednesday, Barnsley & Plymouth for me
Posted by: devs, May 25, 2016, 4:31pm; Reply: 23
Wednesday, Barnsley, Plymouth
Posted by: wigworld, May 25, 2016, 5:06pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from grimsby pete
I thought you were going to ask who WE wanted at the end of the season Les, ;D

A bit cocky I thought. ;D

No, Pete. We're going up in one of the automatic promotion places.  ;D

Posted by: AdamHaddock, May 25, 2016, 5:04pm; Reply: 25
Wombles, meewoow and t'owls
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, May 25, 2016, 9:57pm; Reply: 26
My gut reaction is of course to want Wednesday to win but, being hard headed about it, from our point of view we may stand more chance of one or two decent youngsters from Bruce if Hull go up.

I just don't think Wednesday have either the set up or the squads these days to have the kind of player who would be useful to us.
Posted by: LH, May 25, 2016, 10:13pm; Reply: 27
Wednesday only because of the unbearable coverage on 'umbersarde. Millwall because if Barnsley were to win then we'd lose our "only club to win the Third tier play-offs and FLT" thing. Plymouth because it's miles away and as someone else said they're not bad and would be a threat next season should we be pushing too.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, May 25, 2016, 10:43pm; Reply: 28
For me I'd like to see winning for sure....

Wednesday
Wimbledon

and then given the choice of another Yorkshire team or another London team I think I'd just about prefer Millwall just so the Lions can tame the Tigers next season
Posted by: UTMariners, May 25, 2016, 10:52pm; Reply: 29
I would ordinarily always want Barnsley against horrible millwall but I'm struggling as I don't want Barnsley to equal our 98 double- we are the only team to have done that and I quite like that fact...
Posted by: golfer, May 26, 2016, 7:53am; Reply: 30
Quoted from GrimRob

All their best players go to Scunny
Posted by: 1mickylyons, May 26, 2016, 8:11am; Reply: 31
Weds
Wall
Wombles
Posted by: Civvy at last, May 26, 2016, 8:11am; Reply: 32
How can anybody over the age of 40 want Ull to succeed at anything.
There are totally the scum of the earth and must be hated more than the devil himself.
By God Sirs, did your parents teach you nothing ?? 😉

ASOTNSOTB.
Posted by: ginnywings, May 26, 2016, 8:45am; Reply: 33
Quoted from Civvy at last
How can anybody over the age of 40 want Ull to succeed at anything.
There are totally the scum of the earth and must be hated more than the devil himself.
By God Sirs, did your parents teach you nothing ?? 😉

ASOTNSOTB.

Agreed but it was a tough choice for us over 40's as we remember many battles with those Owl gobshites too. In the end though, the mudrats are worse than anyone, so i hope they lose. In fact i hope they both lose but whichever does prevail, a swift and painful relegation is always on the cards and something to look forward to.
Posted by: 1mickylyons, May 26, 2016, 10:01am; Reply: 34
Quoted from ginnywings

Agreed but it was a tough choice for us over 40's as we remember many battles with those Owl gobshites too. In the end though, the mudrats are worse than anyone, so i hope they lose. In fact i hope they both lose but whichever does prevail, a swift and painful relegation is always on the cards and something to look forward to.

Not keen on Weds but I regard the Mudrats as our proper Derby and no amount of money will change that  Weds also a much bigger Club historically.I have softened a bit with the Mudrats due to them loaning us players plus the excellent Julian Whittle maybe I should toss a coin :-/
Posted by: ginnywings, May 26, 2016, 10:11am; Reply: 35
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Not keen on Weds but I regard the Mudrats as our proper Derby and no amount of money will change that  Weds also a much bigger Club historically.I have softened a bit with the Mudrats due to them loaning us players plus the excellent Julian Whittle maybe I should toss a coin :-/

It's got to be Hull to lose hasn't it? Just reading what some of their fans on their forum have to say about us shows what ar$eholes they can be and have short memories.

I visit Sheffield quite a bit and and find the Blades fans generally more friendly than the other lot, who seem to think they are wallowing below their natural level and deserve top flight footy.

Hull on the other hand is a City best avoided altogether.

Posted by: dapperz fun pub, May 26, 2016, 10:14am; Reply: 36
Quoted from 1mickylyons

I think  or i should say I know Adam Pearson did his best to help us when in charge of hull so fair play for that but I hope Wednesday get promoted just to annoy Burnsy and swanny
Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 1:09pm