Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Classic Threads  /  
Posted by: GrimRob, June 16, 2018, 12:06pm
I have written a sort of "Best of the Fishy" book called To Hell and Back which is the story of last season (including pre-season). It's available at the moment in Kindle format, which you can read on most devices (any phone, tablet, laptop or desktop computer) as well as on a kindle reader. The book is mainly a collection of posts which have appeared on this forum.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DQ9827H/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1528958159&sr=8-7&keywords=to+hell+and+back

It's only just been published and although I have done my best to eliminate all typos, a few doubtless remain. Anyone who finds one which has not been spotted by anyone else will be added to the Acknowledgements page at the back of the book. I can update the book at any time and correct small errors.

Anyone who has Kindle Unlimited can download it for free. I think it's also in the Kindle Owners' Lending Library.

A paperback version is also planned, probably in a few weeks, once I am 100% happy with all the text.
Posted by: Henryscat, June 16, 2018, 1:33pm; Reply: 1
Hi Rob,

Completely non footy question but did you use KDP or createspace?
Posted by: GrimRob, June 16, 2018, 1:44pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from Henryscat
Hi Rob,

Completely non footy question but did you use KDP or createspace?

I used KDP for everything.
Posted by: scrumble, June 16, 2018, 1:48pm; Reply: 3
First time I've seen my name in print and not near the words "accused" or "defendant"
Posted by: 75 (Guest), June 16, 2018, 6:18pm; Reply: 4
Good work Rob, well done.
Posted by: somersetmariner, June 17, 2018, 11:05am; Reply: 5
Well done rob, I shall look forward to reading this today !
Posted by: rancido, June 17, 2018, 11:36am; Reply: 6
I'll have to wait for the paperback version as I use a Kobo.
Posted by: Misterton Mariner, June 17, 2018, 2:25pm; Reply: 7
Looking forward to paperback version.
Posted by: caistormariner, June 20, 2018, 7:56am; Reply: 8
Hi Rob
Just finished the book downloaded it while on a week away in Spain
Thoroughly enjoyed it and gave a great over view of the season
I spend a lot of time out of the country and the fishy is an important link to what's going on at BP
Hope the book sales go well
Posted by: wigworld, June 24, 2018, 8:23am; Reply: 9
I enjoyed the Kindle version. Will be buying a couple of paperbacks as well for Christmas gifts.
Posted by: GrimRob, June 24, 2018, 7:07pm; Reply: 10
Thanks for the positive feedback. I have submitted a paperback version of the final manuscript. It should be available soon, I think a human has to check it before it's available to the general public; hopefully, it will appear in a day or so.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hell-Back-Grimsby-2017-2018-Football-ebook/dp/B07DQ9827H/
Posted by: GrimRob, June 29, 2018, 10:09pm; Reply: 11
The paperback is now available

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hell-Back-Grimsby-2017-2018-Football/dp/198316576X/
Posted by: grimsby pete, June 30, 2018, 1:16pm; Reply: 12
Received my paperback through the post this morning from amazon,

Not had chance to read it yet but had a quick glance through,

Very impressive  Rob well done mate,

A must read for all mariners.
Posted by: HistonMariner, July 14, 2018, 9:52pm; Reply: 13
Rob,
Great effort though a bloody nuisance because I’ve got to finish it before I can get back to the book I was half way through before the paperback version arrived.
Cheers and again well done.
Posted by: Brisbane Mariner, July 17, 2018, 6:06am; Reply: 14
Rob, Gonna buy the paperback - its good to support the work you do with the Fishy! Well done mate
Posted by: Brazilnut, July 17, 2018, 4:26pm; Reply: 15
just bought it should pass next 2 night shifts
Posted by: Brazilnut, July 18, 2018, 8:14pm; Reply: 16
What a cracking read well done to all involved

I personally didnt get a quote in ....thats either because the Grammer and spelling police stopped me posting long posts a long time ago due to  the.... all correcting replies..... that then ignored the original contents .....or because years ago I nominated Rob for Tw@t of the week when he changed the icon under your name to drinks and I ended up with a pink drink!!!! and I think he won it lol

Great read tho and brought the season and the joy of the  league security back
Posted by: Mariner47, July 23, 2018, 8:57am; Reply: 17
Read and really enjoyed the book. Thought it was a great way to read a review of the season, from the fans perspective, with all the emotion & passion that goes with supporting a Club coming through on the page. Great achievement.

Fingers crossed we’ll be reading a sequel next year describing our brilliant promotional year......🤞
Posted by: grimsby pete, August 1, 2018, 4:44pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from Mariner47
Read and really enjoyed the book. Thought it was a great way to read a review of the season, from the fans perspective, with all the emotion & passion that goes with supporting a Club coming through on the page. Great achievement.

Fingers crossed we’ll be reading a sequel next year describing our brilliant promotional year......🤞

TO  HEAVEN AND BACK sounds good  8)
Posted by: Grim74, August 31, 2018, 7:27pm; Reply: 19
Well done Rob, I enjoyed that even though I must of read it in about an hour so make it a bit longer next time.
Posted by: chrissy, September 27, 2018, 3:57pm; Reply: 20
The way we have started this season you might be able to write Part 2 soon.Rob.
Print page generated: May 14, 2024, 2:19am