Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  The New Fishy  /  
Posted by: friskneymariner, April 5, 2024, 9:35am
Anyone know anything about young goalkeeper from Doncaster signed till end of season.
Posted by: diehardmariner, April 5, 2024, 9:42am; Reply: 1
Joined Clee Town on loan last week for the rest of this season.
Posted by: friskneymariner, April 5, 2024, 9:50am; Reply: 2
Person who told me told  me we had signed him,usually pretty reliable.
Posted by: The Dogs Testicles, April 5, 2024, 9:50am; Reply: 3
No disrespect but this would not be a position to gamble on between now and the end of the season!! Huge pressure for any young lad!
Posted by: Brummie Codfather, April 5, 2024, 10:05am; Reply: 4
I would see my ar$e if we signed Bottomley …..
Posted by: Hagrid, April 5, 2024, 10:19am; Reply: 5
Quoted from friskneymariner
Anyone know anything about young goalkeeper from Doncaster signed till end of season.

The one who cleethorpes signed last week? your mates having your pants down

added to that you cant sign anyone from now till the end of the season, It would be an emergency loan on a 7 day basis
Posted by: rancido, April 5, 2024, 12:38pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from The Dogs Testicles
No disrespect but this would not be a position to gamble on between now and the end of the season!! Huge pressure for any young lad!

I would imagine he would be on the bench.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, April 5, 2024, 12:42pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from rancido

I would imagine he would be on the bench.

Any goalkeeper we sign would have to be on a 7 day emergency loan, and a condition of that loan is that they have to start. We can't sign a goalkeeper to sit on the bench.
Posted by: bedders78, April 5, 2024, 12:57pm; Reply: 8
Can't have signed to the end of the season as outside the transfer window; but maybe he's training with us while on loan at Clee Town?
Posted by: Poojah, April 5, 2024, 2:24pm; Reply: 9
If there’s any truth in this, then we’re really scraping the bottom of the barrel (pun not intended). Bottomley’s appearances in his career to date have been for:

Frickley Athletic
Tadcaster Albion
Pickering Town
Lincoln United
Gainsborough Trinity
Cleethorpes Town

If Town go into a game of such magnitude tomorrow with a 21-year old in goal who’s never even played at regional National League level then it’s frankly suicidal. Purely on the grounds of plausibility I don’t think we’ll do that, but I’ll be deeply concerned were it to be true.
Posted by: arryarryarry, April 5, 2024, 2:42pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from bedders78
Can't have signed to the end of the season as outside the transfer window; but maybe he's training with us while on loan at Clee Town?

As I mentoned yesterday, the players were training on Blundell Park yesterday and apparently Eastwood wasn't out there training but a young lad was.
Posted by: LocalLadGTFC, April 5, 2024, 2:46pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from arryarryarry

As I mentoned yesterday, the players were training on Blundell Park yesterday and apparently Eastwood wasn't out there training but a young lad was.

The young lad was Seb Auton, Ben Bottomley was at Clee Town training last night.
Posted by: Eastendmariner, April 5, 2024, 4:07pm; Reply: 12
Not panicking but surely we can acquire a reasonably experienced goal keeper on a 7 day emergency loan surely . Ask any Town fan it’s a priority aren’t  we at risk enough
Posted by: jamesgtfc, April 5, 2024, 4:27pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from Eastendmariner
Not panicking but surely we can acquire a reasonably experienced goal keeper on a 7 day emergency loan surely . Ask any Town fan it’s a priority aren’t  we at risk enough

We can only sign a keeper on an emergency loan if Eastwood is unavailable for selection too. Pearson says he's available, one poster says he isn't and another says he wasn't training yesterday. Somewhere amongst all of that is the truth, but if we do need to loan a keeper in then the standard and experience of that keeper will tell us how much the hierarchy want to stay up.

There are 3 weeks of the season left, so if we do need to bring a keeper in, forking out a substantial wage is a drop in the ocean compared to what is at stake.
Posted by: Teestogreen, April 5, 2024, 9:26pm; Reply: 14
So if Pearson says he is available, perhaps he will be in goal - played there before?
Posted by: bawarmy, April 5, 2024, 9:31pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from friskneymariner
Person who told me told  me we had signed him,usually pretty reliable.

Unless it’s Shaun Person….
Posted by: Neilo83, April 5, 2024, 10:22pm; Reply: 16
Would be more beneficial to put croudson in there.
Print page generated: May 19, 2024, 11:13am