Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  The New Fishy  /  
Posted by: Civvy at last, April 19, 2024, 7:58pm
Some of you knew Neil Grimble.  
I’ll be running this years Leeds marathon in his memory.  
To make this ‘footy related’  I’ll be running in a Town top with ‘Grimble 56’ on the back.  Any sponsorship gratefully received in these hard times.
I’ll be running for The Brain Tumour Charity, which I know is close to some people’s hearts on here.  UTM

https://www.justgiving.com/page/simon-henry-1708792302674?utm_medium=qrcode&utm_source=offline

Thanks to Steve the fish for buying the shirt.  And GTFC for the free printing.  The money saved has been donated 😁👍
Posted by: MarinerWY, April 19, 2024, 9:00pm; Reply: 1
Good luck mate. I'll probs just be doing the half this year but will be seeing marathon come in and will look out for the town top
Posted by: Les Brechin, April 19, 2024, 9:08pm; Reply: 2
Good luck Civvy, and for an excellent charity too.
Posted by: Les Brechin, May 10, 2024, 9:12pm; Reply: 3
Just thought I'd bump this thread. The run is this Sunday so any more donations would be gratefully received I'm sure.
Posted by: Civvy at last, May 11, 2024, 3:19pm; Reply: 4
Had a few donations from here.  Cheers everybody.  You have just pushed it to over £1000 including gift aid.  That it absolutely amazing.  
At 62 I won’t be pushing Mo Farrah.  But I’ll definitely get round.  
Town top with ‘Grimble 56’ on the back.  
UTM
Posted by: Civvy at last, May 14, 2024, 4:03pm; Reply: 5
Right.  
Got my breath back now.
Just to say a big thanks to fishies that sponsored me.
Sid S
Jon H
Sooty
Andrew L
Les B
Steve the fish
GTFC
And the anonymous I think was from here

Total raised is an incredible £1057.50.  Over double my optimistic original target.  
Got quite a few ‘up the Mariners’ shouts.  But loads more of ‘go for it Cod’ etc.  All good natured and given the location fully expected.  
Once again, thanks to all.  It really does make a difference 👍

UTM
Print page generated: May 19, 2024, 8:28pm