Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  The New Fishy  /  
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, April 23, 2024, 10:51pm
Scunny v Boston on Saturday
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, April 23, 2024, 10:53pm; Reply: 1
Just “watched” the shoot out on BET365

Great result for Boston but maybe all to do now with tired legs

Funny old game though…. adrenaline might see them all pumped up for Saturday and raring to go again
Posted by: Poojah, April 23, 2024, 11:02pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from FishOutOfWater
Just “watched” the shoot out on BET365

Great result for Boston but maybe all to do now with tired legs

Funny old game though…. adrenaline might see them all pumped up for Saturday and raring to go again

Didn’t we do away with the “tired legs” argument a couple of years ago?
Posted by: Yarborough Vaults, April 24, 2024, 6:36am; Reply: 3
Tickets available in Boston end. Quite fancy it as have always had a bit of a soft spot for the Pilgrims
Posted by: MarinerDevil, April 24, 2024, 7:44am; Reply: 4
Quoted from Poojah

Didn’t we do away with the “tired legs” argument a couple of years ago?

I think that was very much an exception to the norm. We had a team of absolute heroes and we still needed quite a bit of luck.
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, April 24, 2024, 8:06am; Reply: 5
Please let them beat Scunny
Posted by: Spurn boy, April 24, 2024, 8:29am; Reply: 6
After listening to some Scunny fans they think Boston will be a pushover after last night’s game going to extra  time and all Scunny have to do is turn up on Saturday and it will be an easy route into the play off final, I think they might be in for a shock.
Posted by: supertown, April 24, 2024, 8:35am; Reply: 7
My scunny supporting mate thinks it’s a done deal. He can’t see them not going up , delusional.
Posted by: Mappers, April 24, 2024, 9:40am; Reply: 8
Would be funny if Boston did them , a well run sustainable part time club beating one that's got a squad built with money far beyond their means .....

It would be nice to see The Sc*nts take one on their own patch aswell.
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, April 24, 2024, 9:46am; Reply: 9
Quoted from Spurn boy
After listening to some Scunny fans they think Boston will be a pushover after last night’s game going to extra  time and all Scunny have to do is turn up on Saturday and it will be an easy route into the play off final, I think they might be in for a shock.

This will be the same supporters who said they would 'p*ss the league' that they've just finished as runner up in.
Posted by: mariner91, April 24, 2024, 9:48am; Reply: 10
Quoted from Spurn boy

Similar to that Notts County fan on Twitter who was asking before we played them how many tickets they'd get to the away game at Wrexham. There's nothing more motivating for an opposition team than seeing the other team's fans being arrogant and complacent.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, April 24, 2024, 10:30am; Reply: 11
Quoted from Mappers
Would be funny if Boston did them , a well run sustainable part time club beating one that's got a squad built with money far beyond their means .....

It would be nice to see The Sc*nts take one on their own patch aswell.

Boston are hybrid, but definitely well run. Boston have given Scunny a really good game twice already this season, I don't think this is a game their players wanted and I fancy Boston to beat them.
Posted by: Lost in Lincoln, April 25, 2024, 8:25am; Reply: 12

This will be the same supporters who said they would 'p*ss the league' that they've just finished as runner up in.

They were 10+ points behind weren't they? ;D
Posted by: diehardmariner, April 25, 2024, 11:35am; Reply: 13
Seen a lot of Scunny fans on Twitter talking like it's a foregone conclusion.

They just don't learn, do they?
Posted by: gytone, April 25, 2024, 1:00pm; Reply: 14
Is this game on tele anywhere ?
Posted by: Les Brechin, April 25, 2024, 1:05pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from gytone
Is this game on tele anywhere ?

It's being streamed on National League TV but you'll have the pleasure of paying £9.50 if you want to watch it.

https://www.nationalleaguetv.com/packages
Print page generated: May 18, 2024, 1:12pm