Question of the Week
Will Paul Hurst stay at Grimsby?
Bosman List Scout
By: Rob Sedgwick
saturday 24th june
Bosman List Scout
A side with a small squad like Town, and a tiny bank balance have to rely on this Bosman ruling thingy. Basically it erases transfer fees and makes Division One players very rich. (Just ask Danny Coyne!)
Assuming that we cannot afford the likes of Davor Suker, here's a quick selection of those who might be options for AB to consider.
For a start, I've tried to stick to local-ish teams, although last year we did manage a Charlton and a Tranmere signing... To be honest, most of the best players have probably been snapped up already.
GOAL: Let's assume that barring injury, Coyne and Croudson will have to do.
- Perhaps Leicester's Robert Ullathorne would be a
good option for left back/left mid?
- Oldham centre-back Richard Graham is out of contract. He's previously been linked with Premiership clubs, so perhaps now is the time to forget Greg Strong and make a move for him instead?
-Newcastle United hav released that Brazilian lad
Fumaca who we had on trial. Funny that, considering
his agent told everyone he was the world's best
- Tranmere's Gary Jones is useful, but he's likely to join Barnsley.
- I can't really see Alan Buckley signing the 6'7"
giant striker Kevin Francis. Surely not?
- Tranmere's Lee Jones is more of a Bukcley type striker - small, promising, rarely scores goals!
- Barnsley's Jan Aage Fjortoft would be a great signing for Town, assuming he doesn't intend to return to Norway or retire. I'm not sure how old he is , but he's a big man upfront with skill, he'd link well with Bradley Allen, if he stays. Perhaps we should ask our Norwegian correspondent, Jostein.
- Ex-Town players available include Chris Hargreaves, Roger Willis, Kevin Jobling and Shaun Cunnington. Also Nigel Jemson and Vance Warner! Surely these are no longer Division One players? - Derby have released a player called Michael Lyons. I think we'll avoid him then! - Ditto Millwall's Brian Law.
This site is by the fans, for the fans, and we will consider articles on any subject relating to the Mariners whether it be related to current news, a nostalgic look back in the past, a story about a player, a game or games in the past, something about Blundell Park or football in general. Click here to submit your article!
|Twat of the Week||38||Wrawby_Mariner||23/10 01:06|
|Hurst replacement||88||Superdan147||23/10 00:57|
|Just back.||57||ginnywings||23/10 00:39|
|Operation keep hursty||54||Superdan147||23/10 00:08|
|Doig says no contact made||116||dapperz fun pub||22/10 23:30|
|Change/add-a-letter/remove-one Word Game thread...||23,911||Biccys||22/10 23:14|
|Word Association Game||36,354||topuphere666||22/10 23:13|
|Soccer Express to Bolton||2||GrimRob||22/10 23:02|
|Idiot town fan on Sherews forum||14||Hagrid||22/10 22:58|
|Loan strikers||8||BartonianMariner||22/10 22:36|
News | Features | Submit Article | |