League Two Table
Question of the Week
Do you support Cleethorpes Town?
Phone In Verdict
By: Rob Sedgwick
Radio Humberside Phone In Verdict
News From 8th February 2000
There was a phone on BBC Radio Humberside last night which featured new board members Doug Everitt and Brian Huxford.
The key points raised were:
- Spending any money on new players at the moment was a "low priority".
- Both men were very much for a new ground, but were concerned mainly with getting the financial deal with the developers right.
Even if the Great Coates deal falls through the board have "contingency plans".
- Spending any money on Blundell Park was ruled out as it would be "dead money". The site would be worth the same after any money had been spent on it in the board's opinion.
- The board were looking for people with expertise to join them, even if they didn't have any capital to invest in the club.
- The board back and respect Town manager Alan Buckley totally and appreciate all that he has done for the club.
- The club from now on would be "run as a business" otherwise it would face ruin.
- The club had to make money "7 days a week", not just on a Saturday, through retail developments.
This site is by the fans, for the fans, and we will consider articles on any subject relating to the Mariners whether it be related to current news, a nostalgic look back in the past, a story about a player, a game or games in the past, something about Blundell Park or football in general. Click here to submit your article!
|Thoughts on Bignot?||99||Gabriel||26/03 17:56|
|England Vs Lithuania||5||promotion plaice||26/03 17:54|
|The Icenian Predicition League - WEEK 12||374||Les Brechin||26/03 17:30|
|England fans chants and songs etc||51||Grantham_Mariner||26/03 17:24|
|Donny 1st April||20||Cloudy||26/03 17:16|
|Donny v Plymouth||4||Cloudy||26/03 16:59|
|CHELTENHAM TOWN MOVED TO 1PM||51||adzmayte||26/03 16:10|
|Just back||31||fleabag1970||26/03 15:48|
|Change/add-a-letter/remove-one Word Game thread...||26,338||Biccys||26/03 15:11|
News | Features | Submit Article | |