League Two Form Guide
Question of the Week
What should happen to the EFL Trophy next season?
By: Rob Sedgwick
News From 16th February 2000
Grimsby Town Football Club today announced four new directors would join the club with immediate effect. .
The four new faces on the board are:
- Colin Graves, head of the Costcutters supermarket chain.
- Richard Jackson, chief of the Nidd Vale Motors group of Harrogate.
- Richard Lake, joint boss of the Eastern Airways company .
- Jim Arnell, commercial director of Nisa, Dudley Ramsden's company.
It was revealed today by Town director Brian Huxford that three of the men were formally co-opted to the board today, while Mr Lake joined a few days ago, but this was not announced until today.
Mr Huxford said:
"The additional directors will be making a "substantial investment" in the club
"It will be the same commitment that the rest of the board has made. Their guarantees are in place and they will be prepared to support the club as and when necessary.
"They will bring in some commercial muscle"
The credentials of the four men are evident when one looks at the companies they either own, or are part of:
- Costcutters has been developed from nothing to a Â£250M group turnover in 13 years,
- Nidd Vale is the 37th biggest company in Yorkshire and Humberside with a turnover of Â£75M.
- Eastern Airways specialises in the growing market of UK internal flights.
- Nisa is the biggest company in the area with a turnover of Â£527M. Jim Arnell, who has spent his entire career with Nisa, retires from in March to concentrate on his new roll on the GTFC board.
This site is by the fans, for the fans, and we will consider articles on any subject relating to the Mariners whether it be related to current news, a nostalgic look back in the past, a story about a player, a game or games in the past, something about Blundell Park or football in general. Click here to submit your article!
|Shrewsbury make approach for Hurst||52||bax||21/10 14:03|
|Hurst replacement||33||Superdan147||21/10 14:00|
|Paul Hurst||77||totalidiot||21/10 12:49|
|FA Cup Draw||115||1mickylyons||21/10 12:28|
|Rotherham Manager Sacked (Merged)||30||chelseacity||21/10 12:25|
|It's getting embarrassing now||11||The Grim Reaper||21/10 11:42|
|Neil Woods Returns||73||Hagrid||21/10 11:38|
|Stadium revenue stream||9||The Old Codger||21/10 10:40|
|Guess the ill player||11||Sigone||21/10 09:11|
|Change/add-a-letter/remove-one Word Game thread...||23,862||Biccys||21/10 08:47|
News | Features | Submit Article | |