League Two Form Guide
Question of the Week
How long before new manager arrives?
By: Rob Sedgwick
News from 2nd August 2000
North East Lincolnshire Council have appointed a team of consultants to scour the county in an attempt to find an alternative site to Great Coates which would be suitable for Grimsby Town Football Club to relocate to. Leeds-based property consultants Graham Eve have won the contract to locate a new site.
The council voted last Thursday to appoint the consultants and promised that the exercise would be given a high priority, and this relatively speedy appointment has so far confirmed their intentions for this to be a swift process. The council released a statement prior to their meeting last Thursday after public outrage at their vote 10 days earlier not to amend the area's draft local plan to even give the Great Coates site a chance of getting the planning application approved.
NELC chief executive Jim Leivers explained: "Their task is to review sites previously identified as possible and also to look for new sites that fit the criteria agreed by the council at its meeting last Thursday."
The criteria are believed to be that the site:
- Must be at least 60 acres in size and configured in such a way that a stadium, its associated car parking and enabling retail and leisure development can be accommodated.
- Must be separated from any sensitive development by a significant buffer zone.
- Must be capable of developed within 18 months.
- Must have quality transport links to facilitate all modes of transport especially non-car borne modes.
- Must be outside the consultation zones of premises subject to hazardous substances.
- Must conform to local plan policies as set out in the draft plan for North East Lincolnshire except in so far as the policy objective can be modified to accommodate the stadium proposal. For those policies where an exceptional case will need to be argued then the reasoning to be adopted would need to be clearly stated.
- Must be within the boundary of North East Lincolnshire.
This site is by the fans, for the fans, and we will consider articles on any subject relating to the Mariners whether it be related to current news, a nostalgic look back in the past, a story about a player, a game or games in the past, something about Blundell Park or football in general. Click here to submit your article!
|Shrews betting opportunity||6||paulgtfc||24/10 20:57|
|Next Manager Poll||71||Bigdog||24/10 20:55|
|NAD Number Plate at Town Ground||18||GTFCNiles||24/10 20:53|
|Shortlist of 6||119||WestLeedsMariner||24/10 20:51|
|Player manager||15||Mikey||24/10 20:35|
|Word Association Game||36,420||topuphere666||24/10 20:34|
|Change/add-a-letter/remove-one Word Game thread...||23,973||Biccys||24/10 20:33|
|Theme for Saturday......||11||chipsandgravy||24/10 20:31|
|Paul Hurst on becoming Shrewsbury boss||68||Les Brechin||24/10 20:29|
News | Features | Submit Article | |