League Two Form Guide
Question of the Week
What should happen to the EFL Trophy next season?
Second GTFC Director Named
By: Rob Sedgwick
FORMER Grimsby Town director Michael Rouse has finally been named as the second new businessman to be invited to join the GTFC board. Rouse had formerly been part of Bill Carr's Grimsby Town board, and was one of the directors who resigned when Bryan Huxford came to power in December 1999.
Mr Rouse who joins John Fenty, a fellow director from the Bill Carr era now in a second stint on the board, today issued the following press statement through the club to explain where he sees the board's directions lying.
I was surprised at being invited to rejoin the Board of Directors of Grimsby Town Football Club. Having given the matter much consideration I am happy to become involved with the club again and hope to be able to help the club prosper and move forward. It seems clear to me that there are three main areas where efforts need to be concentrated.
1) The performance and results of the first team must be the priority of everyone connected with the club. Every assistance, including financial, must be given to the manager to both strengthen the squad of senior players and develop the talents of the juniors.
2) The events in the boardroom over the last two and a half years have clearly shown that urgent and strenuous efforts need to be made to bring about a consensus of views among the clubs major shareholders. As I return to the boardroom I am acutely aware that, there is a very large majority of shareholders who are unhappy with the present situation regarding the ownership of shares. I hope that over the next few months a degree of confidence and trust can be instilled in all shareholders to enable an agreement to be formulated releasing unissued shares and an expansion of the share capital, which will be vital for the success of the new stadium project. I give an assurance I will do all I can to bring about an agreement, as I am absolutely sure the club will only achieve success whilst under the control of Grimsby people who are committed to Grimsby Town Football Club.
3) The new stadium development is of vital importance to the club and I believe to the community and area in general. Too much time has already been wasted and once the plans are, hopefully, approved by the Government the project must be driven forward with vigour and determination. The golden opportunity that has been presented for a new stadium, and the ongoing financial benefits it will bring, must be seized for the benefit of the club and local people.
Finally, I must admit to being very suspicious at the prospect of foreign â€˜investorsâ€™ being involved in the affairs of Grimsby Town Football Club, I am sure I am not alone in thinking that profits from the new development must be for the benefit of the club and not for individuals or shadowy investment organisations. I assure everyone associated with Grimsby Town Football Club of my absolute commitment and determination to ensure the direction the football club takes is both positive and forward-looking.
Up The Mariners
Is Michael Rouse the right calibre for the Grimsby board? Replies to the Pontoonites Message Board
This site is by the fans, for the fans, and we will consider articles on any subject relating to the Mariners whether it be related to current news, a nostalgic look back in the past, a story about a player, a game or games in the past, something about Blundell Park or football in general. Click here to submit your article!
- John Fenty Says New Share Issue Likely
- Mariners Announce New Director
- Battle of the Boardroom: The Key Moments
- More Stories
|Stadium revenue stream||6||The Old Codger||21/10 00:53|
|Paul Hurst||36||totalidiot||20/10 23:29|
|It's getting embarrassing now||4||The Grim Reaper||20/10 23:24|
|Guess the ill player||7||Sigone||20/10 23:18|
|Neil Woods Returns||61||Hagrid||20/10 23:03|
|Hurst replacement||13||Superdan147||20/10 23:00|
|Word Association Game||36,307||topuphere666||20/10 21:57|
|Change/add-a-letter/remove-one Word Game thread...||23,858||Biccys||20/10 21:57|
News | Features | Submit Article | |