|German DFB Cup|
|FC-Astoria Walldorf v SV Darmstadt 98|
|Greuther Furth v Mainz|
|Hannover 96 v Fortuna Dusseldorf|
|Heidenheim v Wolfsburg|
|Elfsborg v IFK Norrkoping|
|Falkenbergs v Malmo|
|Kalmar FF v Gefle|
|Ostersunds FK v Hammarby IF|
|Belgian Pro League|
|Anderlecht v KV Mechelen|
|Charleroi v KRC Genk|
|Club Brugge v Westerlo|
|Kortrijk v Eupen|
|Sint Truidense VV v Zulte-Waregem|
|Southampton v Sunderland|
|West Ham v Chelsea|
Question of the Week
How long before new manager arrives?
Possible Weekend Scenarios
By: Richard Hubbert
SATURDAY is undoubtedly one of the biggest days in Grimsby's recent history with so much potentially resulting from 90 minutes of football.
Richard Hubbert takes a look at the possible outcomes of all the weekend's games and analyses how the league table might unfold.
Barnsley vs Norwich
TOWN vs Burnley
Forest vs Crewe
Sheff Utd vs Walsall
Rotherham vs Birmingham
- If Town win, Crewe win and Barnsley win then Walsall and Rotherham both come into the equation
- Basically, if Town win and both Crewe and Barnsley either lose or draw, then the Mariners would be safe from relegation.
- A win for either Barnsley or Crewe would mean that Town would not be mathematically safe, but their superior goal difference over Crewe (+9) and Barnsley (+4) should see them through.
- If Crewe, Barnsley and the Mariners did get any kind of a result then Walsall, currently on 47 points would be dragged back in, as would Rotherham who have 48 points.
- If Grimsby draw then anything could happen
- If Crewe and Barnsley both lost then Town would have a three point advantage and a superior goal difference meaning Town would just about be safe barring Barnsley and Crewe scoring 4 goals + on the last day and the Mariners conceding more than 2.
- However, if Crewe and Barnsley took maximum points from their games Town would move into the relegation zone
- A draw for either Crewe or Barnsley would move them up to 46 points, two points behind the Mariners, meaning that no-one would be safe or relegated.
- If Town were to loose then everything would depend on the scores from the Crewe and Barnsley games.
- If Crewe and Barnsley both won they would be on 48 points, a point ahead of the Mariners.
- A draw for either of the teams would see them come within a point of the Mariners
Hopefully it will all become clearer on Saturday afternoon!
This site is by the fans, for the fans, and we will consider articles on any subject relating to the Mariners whether it be related to current news, a nostalgic look back in the past, a story about a player, a game or games in the past, something about Blundell Park or football in general. Click here to submit your article!
|The PH years||50||1mickylyons||26/10 01:48|
|yeovil roll call||21||lukeo||26/10 01:28|
|Jimmy Perry RIP||1||KingstonMariner||26/10 01:26|
|The Board||16||headingly_mariner||26/10 00:44|
|Shortlist of 6||210||WestLeedsMariner||26/10 00:42|
|Town Legends||45||Mariner_09||26/10 00:01|
|Change/add-a-letter/remove-one Word Game thread...||23,989||Biccys||25/10 22:29|
|Word Association Game||36,442||topuphere666||25/10 22:29|
|Lincoln city||60||dapperz fun pub||25/10 21:52|
|Ex-GTFC players thread||1,847||Tommy||25/10 21:51|
News | Features | Submit Article | |