Question of the Week
How long before new manager arrives?
World Cup POM Scoring System
By: Rob Sedgwick
This year's scoring system for the World Cup is as follows:
- 1 point for each entry.
- 2 points for the right outcome (i.e. win, lose or draw as per your prediction)
- 2 points for the right score for Team 1
- 2 points for the right score for Team 2
- 6 points for the right Team 1 scorer (provided a scorer is named). Own goals do not count, and the first non-own goal scored by a Team 1 player constitutes the first goal.
- 6 points for the right Team 2 scorer (provided a scorer is named). Own goals do not count, and the first non-own goal scored by a Team 2 player constitutes the first goal.
- 1 point if Team 1 score 0 goals (and you predicted this)
- 1 point if Team 2 score 0 goals (and you predicted this)
- 10 points bonus for a Nostradamus POM (a perfect prediction)
- 7 points bonus for predicting the time of the first goal
The total points score possible for each game is 29 for a game in which both sides score, 24 in which 1 side scores and 19 if neither side score. In addition 7 bonus points are available for scoring games, making the absolute maximum points available for one game to be 36.
Interested? Then if you have not done so please register for the POM
This site is by the fans, for the fans, and we will consider articles on any subject relating to the Mariners whether it be related to current news, a nostalgic look back in the past, a story about a player, a game or games in the past, something about Blundell Park or football in general. Click here to submit your article!
|Shrews betting opportunity||7||paulgtfc||24/10 21:04|
|Next Manager Poll||71||Bigdog||24/10 20:55|
|NAD Number Plate at Town Ground||18||GTFCNiles||24/10 20:53|
|Shortlist of 6||119||WestLeedsMariner||24/10 20:51|
|Player manager||15||Mikey||24/10 20:35|
|Word Association Game||36,420||topuphere666||24/10 20:34|
|Change/add-a-letter/remove-one Word Game thread...||23,973||Biccys||24/10 20:33|
|Theme for Saturday......||11||chipsandgravy||24/10 20:31|
|Paul Hurst on becoming Shrewsbury boss||68||Les Brechin||24/10 20:29|
News | Features | Submit Article | |