League Two Form Guide
Question of the Week
How much would you accept for Omar Bogle?
Beat the Bookies: Week 30
By: Rob Sedgwick
WELL Morecambe aren't going to win the JPT Trophy so that's a tenner well spent! However that tenner was paid back fourfold when Accrington won at Rotherham, our other tip last week.
This week in League Two we are spoilt for choice in terms of games to recommend. The season has reached the stage where the teams at the top and bottom are desperate to win, with those in the middle not so. The bookies coupons, the odds on which seem to be largely set by league position, do not always reflect this. Time to take advantage!
Let's go through the games one by one.
- Grimsby 15/8 v Milton Keynes Dons. If Town hadn't played on Tuesday night we'd be recommending a home win against an MK Dons side who have some key players missing and have suffered of late. If Buckley decides to play some of his 'B' side who thrashed Morecambe 4-0 on Saturday then Town could cause an upset in this game. A draw though is probably more likely.
- Chesterfield v Lincoln City 5/2 City are on fire and the Spireites have made a tentative recovering after a very sticky patch. However the teams they beat in the last two games are not the greatest and Lincoln are on such a roll it's tempting to back the Imps to continue their impressive winning sequence in this local derby.
- Brentford v Macclesfield 11/4 Brentford are in the comfort zone in the table and already planning their summer holidays. Macclesfield are far from comfortable. Forget the form book (Brentford's is awful anyway), Macc's players have their careers at stake and the Silkmen have a good chance of leaving South London with a rare away win.
- Dagenham 12/4 v Peterborough. Daggers are another team who have pulled a rabbit out of the hat to make an improbable climb up the table. Every week they seem to play a top team who they shouldn't stand a chance of beating. Next up is leaders Peterborough at home. Who says they shouldn't win? The bookies of course! But as we know they are often wrong.
- Chester v Wrexham 21/10. Chester are rubbish! They also probably think they are just about safe and are liable to relax a bit in this game. Wrexham are in deep trouble. They need the three points desperately and Brian Little's men will simply want them so much they could well take all three of them.
Previous Bets (1 or 2 bets, around £10 per week each of Rob's own money)
Date Bet Odds Profit/Loss 06/08 Accrington to be relegated 7/2 Ongoing 06/08 Wycombe to be promoted 10/3 Ongoing 17/08 Sunderland to beat Wigan 2/1 -£10.00 21/08 Shrewsbury to beat MK Dons 11/4 -£10.00 21/08 Bury to beat Wycombe 10/3 -£10.00 29/08 Grimsby to beat Shrewsbury 11/4 -£10.00 29/08 Chester to beat Rotherham 3/1 -£10.00 05/09 Mansfield to beat Peterborough 3/1 -£10.00 05/09 Mulligan or Bennett first goal v Accrington 3/1 -£5.00 11/09 Stockport to beat Grimsby 13/8 -£10.00 11/09 Lincoln to beat Darlington 4/1 -£10.00 18/09 Lincoln to draw with Grimsby 11/5 -£10.00 18/09 Morecambe to beat Peterborough 5/1 -£10.00 25/09 Hull to beat Chelsea 6/1 -£10.00 25/09 Notts County to draw with Chesterfield 9/4 -£10.00 04/10 Grimsby to beat Peterborough 4/1 -£10.00 04/10 Barnet to beat Stockport 3/1 +£30.00 11/10 Bury to beat Notts County 5/2 +£25.00 11/10 Grimsby to be relegated 9/1 Ongoing 16/10 Russia to beat England 11/5 +£22.00 16/10 South Africa to beat England 2/5 +£4.00 23/10 Bury to beat Macclesfield 21/10 -£10.00 23/10 Wrexham to beat Notts County 5/2 -£10.00 01/11 Bradford to beat Brentford 5/4 -£10.00 08/11 Carlisle to win by 2 or more goals 13/10 -£10.00 08/11 Dagenham to get relegated 4/1 Ongoing 15/11 Grimsby to beat Morecambe 13/10 -£10.00 15/11 Barnet to beat Shrewsbury 9/4 -£10.00 19/11 Carlisle to beat Grimsby 13/10 -£10.00 19/11 Croatia to beat England 9.6 +£81.71 28/11 Havant and Waterlooville to beat Notts County 6/1 +£60.00 06/12 Brentford to beat Grimsby 11/10 -£10.00 06/12 Wrexham to beat Dagenham 2/1 -£10.00 11/12 Morecambe to beat Wycombe 5/2 -£10.00 11/12 Brentford to beat Wrexham 5/2 +£25.00 18/12 Bury to beat Chester 10/3 -£10.00 18/12 Brentford to beat MK Dons 8/1 -£10.00 27/12 Rochdale to beat Macclesfield 6/4 -£10.00 27/12 Accrington Stanley to beat Mansfield 15/8 +£18.75 02/01 Stockport to beat Notts County 13/8 +£16.25 02/01 Bristol City to beat Middlesbrough 2/1 -£10.00 10/01 Accrington Stanley to beat Stockport 5/2 -£10.00 10/01 Scunthorpe to be relegated 5/6 Ongoing 16/01 Wrexham to beat MK Dons 9/2 +£45.00 16/01 Hereford to beat Chesterfield 2/1 -£10.00 23/01 Rochdale to beat MK Dons 7/2 +£35.00 23/01 Newcastle to beat Arsenal 7/1 -£10.00 30/01 Wrexham to beat Darlington 11/4 +£27.50 30/01 Barnet to beat Morecambe 11/8 -£10.00 06/02 Chesterfield to beat Grimsby 15/8 -£10.00 06/02 Wrexham to beat Peterborough 5/1 -£10.00 06/02 Rotherham to beat MK Dons 11/4 -£10.00 15/02 Notts County to beat Chester 15/8 +£18.75 15/02 Wrexham to beat MK Dons 5/1 £0.0 20/02 Lincoln to beat Rotherham 11/4 -£10.00 20/02 Barnet to beat MK Dons 11/4 -£10.00 27/02 Morecambe to win the Johnstone Paint Trophy 8/1 -£10.00 27/02 Accrington Stanley to beat Rotherham 4/1 +£40.00 Total +£83.96
This site is by the fans, for the fans, and we will consider articles on any subject relating to the Mariners whether it be related to current news, a nostalgic look back in the past, a story about a player, a game or games in the past, something about Blundell Park or football in general. Click here to submit your article!
Forum Latest Title Posts Latest Post The Icenian Predicition League - WEEK 1 70 Les Brechin 21/01 13:31 Away Fans 6 Freemoash88 21/01 13:25 Word Association Game 37,675 topuphere666 21/01 13:21 Notts County (H) Predictions 40 Davec 21/01 13:12 Change/add-a-letter/remove-one Word Game thread... 25,215 Biccys 21/01 13:12 Bloviating Bignot? 18 Chris Packit 21/01 13:01 Please show respect 10 moss_side_mariner 21/01 12:59 Imps vs Ipswich Predictions 163 1mickylyons 21/01 12:49 Leyton Orient Statement 17 psgmariner 21/01 12:36 New Fishy Pontoon Buster Game 45 Les Brechin 21/01 09:57
News | Features | Submit Article | |