Question of the Week
How much would you accept for Omar Bogle?
Town's Squad Taking Shape
By: Will N
Town's 2015/16 squad is shaping up nicely, as Paul Hurst has done a wonderful job retaining 14 Town veterans, and they have been added to with the recent signings of Danny East and Omar Bogle.
The players to stay are as follows:
- GK James McKeown - he was voted the league's best goalkeeper last season, despite not performing as well as he has previously. He is, however, arguably one of the best keepers in this division and League 2.
- MF Scott Brown - a Conference-level veteran who has been playing a solid game at the centre of the park. A little slow, but has some good footwork.
- DF Shaun Pearson - the player we all thought to have lost to League One's Barnsley. Alas not, he remains loyal to Town, and was one member of Town's "iron defence" last season. Let's hope he can perform as well this season.
- MF Jack Mackreth - the young, quick winger joined last season and has been Town's first choice RM, despite competition for the role from Chapell and Jolley. Many doubters want instant impact but disregard his potential. I see great potential in him, and let's hope he performs even better next term.
- MF Craig Disley (Club captain) - had arguably his best season in a Town shirt last season amassing 11 goals. His age began to show toward the end, but no doubt he will be the keystone in our midfield once more.
- MF Craig Clay - young, and has much potential. His passing is poor but is developing so given time he will be a great replacement for Disley in the long run.
- FW Jon-Paul Pittman - he may have missed the penalty to take us up, but is Town's most skilful striker, when fit. His fitness restricted his potential but hopefully next season he will be hitting them in every game.
- FW Nathan Arnold - the hairdresser who stunned us all with two exceptional goals in the play off legs. His game varies but is a useful asset. Quite a skilful player, who is not afraid to put a cross in.
- GK Callum Bastock - never seen him, but can only assume he is competent to step up when McKeown is not available.
- DF Aristote Nsiala - surprisingly fast CB, he is not as reliable as the other CBs, but with Hurst's knowledge he can only get better.
- MF Josh Venney - youth player, never seen him play before.
- DF Gregor Robertson - injury held him up at the end but is a huge improvement on the last few LB's seen in a town shirt. In my opinion he is very much a League Two standard player.
- DF Josh Gowling - in the play off's he put his neck, and face on the line. Solid player and can step up for a tackle with ease. Quality signing and can be a great partner for Pearson.
- DF Josh Sunter - youth player, never seen him play.
The new arrivals are:
- FW Omar Bogle - The 22-year-old agreed a three-year deal, despite speculation from league teams. Bogle, who started his career at Birmingham City, scored 29 goals in the Conference North last term. It was enough to earn him the league's Player of the Season award.
- DF Danny East - hoping to step in to the void left by Magnay will be no easy feat ,but the young, yet experienced RB.
This site is by the fans, for the fans, and we will consider articles on any subject relating to the Mariners whether it be related to current news, a nostalgic look back in the past, a story about a player, a game or games in the past, something about Blundell Park or football in general. Click here to submit your article!
|Luke Coulson||32||Jarmo.Is.God||18/01 13:57|
|Sam Jones, Asante and Osborne||155||The Old Codger||18/01 13:54|
|New Fishy Pontoon Buster Game||4||Les Brechin||18/01 13:35|
|Building The Findus Stand||26||promotion plaice||18/01 13:23|
|Imps vs Ipswich Predictions||146||1mickylyons||18/01 12:54|
|Recent twits||6||GrimRob||18/01 12:48|
|Change/add-a-letter/remove-one Word Game thread...||25,169||Biccys||18/01 11:47|
|Word Association Game||37,627||topuphere666||18/01 11:44|
|Clarrie Williams||22||Perkins||18/01 11:27|
|New Stadium||8||Davec||18/01 11:01|
News | Features | Submit Article | |