The Fishy.co.uk Grimsby Town FC

RSS



League Two Table

  PGDPts
1Luton213042
2Notts County211542
3Accrington Stanley201037

4Exeter21436
5Wycombe21934
6Lincoln City21733
7Coventry21732

8Swindon20532
9Mansfield21532
10Colchester21532
11Grimsby21-132
12Newport County21531
13Cambridge Utd21-829
14Carlisle21128
15Cheltenham21-127
16Stevenage21-527
17Crawley Town21-424
18Morecambe21-822
19Port Vale21-1021
20Yeovil21-1320
21Chesterfield21-1320
22Crewe21-1420

23Forest Green21-1720
24Barnet21-917

Full League Two Table
Prem|Champ|L1|L2|NL|NLN|NLS
SPL|SC|S1|S2




Question of the Week

Priority for transfer window?

Reduce squad size
Strengthen defence
Strengthen midfield
Strengthen attack
No change needed


The Gaffer!
The Gaffer!

Give Paul Hurst a Chance

By: Will N
Date: 21/09/2013

AS a player Paul Hurst was a defender from 1993 to 2008, notably playing his entire career for Rotherham United, apart from a brief loan spell with Burton Albion in his final year as a player.

After retiring from the playing side of football in 2008 he became joint manager of Ilkeston Town along with former team mate Rob Scott. The pair later took over Boston United before joining Grimsby in 2011.

As most will now know, Rob Scott was sacked on disciplinary grounds and that leaves Paul Hurst in sole charge of the team. A poll on The Fishy stated at the time of writing that 59% who voted want to give him a chance at being a Manger, whilst a substantial 41% say No. Now, to me this is quite astonishing, yes, I believe it to have been Scott who was the publicly-outgoing-loud one and that gave me an impression that he was the call maker. But I entirely believe that we cannot judge his managerial ability based upon two results, which have been matches where there has been so much interest and speculation - I expected morale to be low and that we would not perform top-notch football results.

However, I do believe that our lineup is a total waste of our potential one :-

  • Liam Hearn, yes he has been off with injuries but he is ready this season; we forget he was our top goalscorer two seasons ago.
  • Andy Cook, deadly vision when teamed with Hearn
  • Ross Hannah and Scott Neilson - Neilson is a winger - so why play him up front? I also believe that by playing Hannah as another winger we have an immense forward force.

    Midfield - We have Jones, Thanoj and Colbeck to name but a few

    Defence - McKeown (league's best goalie in my opinion), Hatton (reliable and consistent), Pearson and give Goodall a decent try (his stats are not what you'd call rubbish)

    My line up would be a 4-4-2, which has been expressed by many as the favourable system, especially with such an offensive squad, such as Town's.

    What we lack in defence, we make up for in offence [according to the stats - we rule!!]

    Add To Facebook


    This site is by the fans, for the fans, and we will consider articles on any subject relating to the Mariners whether it be related to current news, a nostalgic look back in the past, a story about a player, a game or games in the past, something about Blundell Park or football in general. Click here to submit your article!


    Related Stories

    Forum Latest
    TitlePostsLatest Post
    Upcoming Fixtures1SiteBot14/12 03:12
    F.A.O Adie Merikin.15arryarryarry14/12 01:59
    Leave JF alone . . .7Marinerz9314/12 00:07
    SLO Quits!!!77Marinerz9314/12 00:03
    A POSITIVE THREAD.  NOTTS ROLE CALL11oochiad13/12 23:40
    Next 4 games.. 27KingstonMariner13/12 23:26
    Notts County Tickets Available On The Day?2GrimRob13/12 22:56
    Time Wasting 21KingstonMariner13/12 22:50
    Twat of the Week45KingstonMariner13/12 22:47
    Word Association Game44,086KingstonMariner13/12 22:40

    News  | Features  | Submit Article  |   | 
  • © 2017 TheFishy.co.uk