Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 7 Guests

World, fck off

This thread currently has 100,228 views. Print
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
April 17, 2010, 11:56pm
Guest User
Quoted from Alfie

I've only met you once or twice Vicar (and even then, you was just doing me a big favour) and although I don't agree with your political views sometimes, I don't half respect how much this all means to you. How much it means to all of us... We have our fair share of idiots... But give me this, everytime over a souless arm-chair, Cup and Premier League double.

It's hard tonight. And these next four games will be horrible. But come the summer, when Mr. Woods begins our turnaround, and we finally get some stability in the BSP after ten years of decline (i'd fucking kill for a boring 8th or 9th place finish), it'll be worth it.

We'll be back, one day.

Great post btw, Poojah.

Alfie, if I've been a miserable bottom around GTFC and football I apologise as I really didn't mean any disrespect. We are all Town and I suppose it has been hard to raise a smile, even amongst our own and I really apologise if I have ever come across that way but weekends, football has been hard for the last few years.

Again, I apologise if I've ever come across as being a tosser. It's hard to keep on smiling when every defeat, every missed tackle, every post match cliches mean the same.

Alfie, let's have a miserable as bottom beer next time!!! (my fault).
Reply: 20 - 124
roundballovalhole
April 17, 2010, 11:58pm
Guest User
Quoted from Alfie

I've only met you once or twice Vicar (and even then, you was just doing me a big favour) and although I don't agree with your political views sometimes, I don't half respect how much this all means to you. How much it means to all of us... We have our fair share of idiots... But give me this, everytime over a souless arm-chair, Cup and Premier League double.

It's hard tonight. And these next four games will be horrible. But come the summer, when Mr. Woods begins our turnaround, and we finally get some stability in the BSP after ten years of decline (i'd fucking kill for a boring 8th or 9th place finish), it'll be worth it.

We'll be back, one day.

Great post btw, Poojah.

What have we become? 8th or 9th in the BSP. . .
Reply: 21 - 124
Alfie
April 18, 2010, 12:07am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +22 / -11
Approval: +159
Quoted from 75

Alfie, if I've been a miserable bottom around GTFC and football I apologise as I really didn't mean any disrespect. We are all Town and I suppose it has been hard to raise a smile, even amongst our own and I really apologise if I have ever come across that way but weekends, football has been hard for the last few years.

Again, I apologise if I've ever come across as being a tosser. It's hard to keep on smiling when every defeat, every missed tackle, every post match cliches mean the same.

Alfie, let's have a miserable as bottom beer next time!!! (my fault).

Not at all, mate.

It means so much to all of us. Although, cheap tickets put a few more bums on seats, you could see today who it really hurt. I didn't know what to do at the end. I don't think many people did. Some people shouted, boo'd, others just sat there or went early because they'd had enough. I was lucky enough to let Mr. Fenty know what I thought of him... obviously in a dignified manner. But it's not nice, and we've been through a lot of sh[right][/right]it. I wouldn't swap it though. Because, I know, one day, we'll be good again. And I know that when we're good again (when we have a new messiah other than that gent in your sig), it'll taste even sweeter. We'll look back on these days. On these last ten years.

We could make it easy for ourselves. Say we're not bothering anymore and vow to support United from the pub. It'd be cheaper and less stressful. But we won't. We'll be there next season. On terraces, pissing against walls that are somehow deemed toilets, going to home games where you can count the away fans on a couple of pair of hands. But we'll be there.

And when we have a bit of luck. Some minor success. An FA Trophy win, promotion even, something. Anything. A smidgeon of success. It'll mean so much more than the feeling any shitcunt armchair fan gets when their side wins another trophy.

We'll be back.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 124
April 18, 2010, 12:12am
Guest User
Quoted from Alfie

Not at all, mate.

It means so much to all of us. Although, cheap tickets put a few more bums on seats, you could see today who it really hurt. I didn't know what to do at the end. I don't think many people did. Some people shouted, boo'd, others just sat there or went early because they'd had enough. I was lucky enough to let Mr. Fenty know what I thought of him... obviously in a dignified manner. But it's not nice, and we've been through a lot of sh[right][/right]it. I wouldn't swap it though. Because, I know, one day, we'll be good again. And I know that when we're good again (when we have a new messiah other than that gent in your sig), it'll taste even sweeter. We'll look back on these days. On these last ten years.

We could make it easy for ourselves. Say we're not bothering anymore and vow to support United from the pub. It'd be cheaper and less stressful. But we won't. We'll be there next season. On terraces, pissing against walls that are somehow deemed toilets, going to home games where you can count the away fans on a couple of pair of hands. But we'll be there.

And when we have a bit of luck. Some minor success. An FA Trophy win, promotion even, something. Anything. A smidgeon of success. It'll mean so much more than the feeling any shitcunt armchair fan gets when their side wins another trophy.

We'll be back.

Thanks Alfie

That reponse, means a lot.

We are all hurting mate. I'm alone, typing at a keyboard and I somehow feel I'm the only bloke who feels like this....but I know I'm not.

No promises of comebacks, we'll take it in our stride.

TOGETHER.
Reply: 23 - 124
Alfie
April 18, 2010, 12:19am
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted Text
Alfie, BarnsleyGull, bawarmy, BIGChris, BigDez, BP Vicar, Chopper_imp, DaveGTFC, DavidB, davmariner, ginnywings, glassman, Green27, gullboy2010, jonnogeorge, Mariner16, mariner_mikey, Mariner_Traff, MarinerJosh, Marinermaiden, meggiesbeergut, moosey_club, MSN Bot, New South Wales Mariner, Offley mariner, Poojah, siy2k5, sonofmadeleymariner, Steve Thomas, Steve_gtfc, ticker_1610, TimMickleburgh, tintowner, vanman, wekeepdreaming, wigworld and 84 Guests

I know not everyone on here tonight is a Mariner but there's 100+ on here at gone midnight, hundreds probably sat on the couch (or tucked up in bed) a bit lifeless thinking it all over, more pished senseless trying to block it all out. And others dotted all over the world watching on from afar.

It means a lot to everyone.

In a way, I think we're all suckers for punishment.

The daft thing is. As pathetic as it sounds, to any other cunt, we'll probably have a few hundred of us stood on some terrace in the rain on a Tuesday night at Barrow watching us get done over by a bunch of yokels next season.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 124
TimMickleburgh
April 18, 2010, 12:27am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +4 / -5
Screw you, you cider-drinking prat.

“No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred for the Tory Party. So far as I am concerned they are lower than vermin.” Aneurin Bevan
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 124
Kris2
April 18, 2010, 12:29am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,632
Gold Stars: 136
Okaaaay

Chill out. Football season will be back in the summer and normal service will resume with a whole bunch of new places to visit. And you're upset we're going down so you make homophobic comments? How mature. Good to know the population of Grimsby has to bring their personal hatred into football. Why not make comments about black people and immigrants while you were at it?

Oh and Ebbsfleet is in Kent but i think they got relegated so you might not have to go there afterall.
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 124
moosey_club
April 18, 2010, 12:31am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,277
Gold Stars: 226
FFS get a grip!!!

Yes we are relegated bar the maths but thats all, GTFC will still be there, so i understand, so does it matter?? No it doesnt, i fail to see how anyone can be gutted, its not like a bolt out of the blue is it, yesterday - oh yes everything is fine, today - oh f#ck me we are relegated ,how did that happen???

We have been b@ll@cks for ages so if you are stunned by the inevitable then you must clean windows with your tongue, we will still exist, we will still turn up at B.P come August, we will still have a team to follow. If you moan about where your team are then sorry you may as well "F'ck off" and support Man Utd, you support GTFC, not GT in the football league strings attached FC.

History does not count for anything in football, you are as only as good as your last match or season even so we are where we are on merit, or lack of it, alone.

Bring on the BSP adventure.

UTM

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 124
80sglory
April 18, 2010, 12:32am
Guest User
Thanks for putting a smile back on my face tonight Poojah.
Quality !
Contender for post of the year.....
Reply: 28 - 124
Alfie
April 18, 2010, 12:43am
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Kris2

Chill out. Football season will be back in the summer and normal service will resume with a whole bunch of new places to visit. And you're upset we're going down so you make homophobic comments? How mature. Good to know the population of Grimsby has to bring their personal hatred into football. Why not make comments about black people and immigrants while you were at it?

Oh and Ebbsfleet is in Kent but i think they got relegated so you might not have to go there afterall.

One of the best posts on here tonight (and for a few weeks) and you get all shitty over some off the cuff remarks about homos. Don't read the non-footy board, mate, you'd probably have a seizure. And that's coming from someone who's about as liberal, anti-discrimination etc. you can get.

And if you're going to be a smart arse, Ebbsfleet didn't get relegated (and are looking like they may stay up now), plus you only know it's in Kent because you Google'd it, didn't you?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 124
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › World, fck off

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.