dapperz fun pub
September 10, 2010, 8:38pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,049
Gold Stars: 84
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Pensions seem to be still £170k a year?????????

errrmmmm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 120 - 130
Alfie
September 10, 2010, 8:42pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +22 / -11
Approval: +159
Quoted from gary_elton

It is actually quite good to have a football club , and the one we all support now is thanks to JF's financial input... we would
have gone long ago if it were'nt for him...
we all make mistakes... learn to live with them and try to overcome them... but it sure
makes a change to see a supporter for a chairman and not one who is just thinking £££££ and where the next middle/far eastern dollar is coming from

What a load of tosh.

If he'd have not 'saved' us, we'd have gone into administration, cleared our debts and started again under a new owner. I'd have rather taken my chances than endured the rubbish this clown has presided over.

Fenty out.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 121 - 130
BIGChris
September 10, 2010, 8:47pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
There are clearly two camps on this.

There are those who say, like Alfie, that if JF had chucked it all in we would have gone into administration, cleared our debts and a new owner would have taken over.
Sounds very straight forward doesnt it?

On the other hand some say that there is no guarantee that we would would have come out of administration and that there might not have been a 'knight in shining armour' . Had that been the case the club would have disappeared and we would be a present day Chester starting all over again.

I guess the two camps could be the gamblers and the non-gamblers
Private Message
Reply: 122 - 130
Paddymariner
September 10, 2010, 9:00pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1
Whatever you think of Fenty (personally, I have no complaints), no fornicator, with the exception of Mike Parker, has done anything much to help him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 123 - 130
kingofthekippers
September 10, 2010, 9:02pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +39 / -4
Approval: +6
Quoted from Paddymariner
Whatever you think of Fenty (personally, I have no complaints), no fornicator, with the exception of Mike Parker, has done anything much to help him.

That's not strictly true. I was stood behind him once in B&Q and he dropped a bag of nails on the floor. I picked them up, handed them over and he said thank you.

Mr McGee, don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 124 - 130
Paddymariner
September 10, 2010, 9:10pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1
Quoted from kingofthekippers

That's not strictly true. I was stood behind him once in B&Q and he dropped a bag of nails on the floor. I picked them up, handed them over and he said thank you.

I thought you were going to say you nailed him to a cross!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 125 - 130
barralad
September 10, 2010, 10:14pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,299
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from Alfie

What a load of tosh.

If he'd have not 'saved' us, we'd have gone into administration, cleared our debts and started again under a new owner. I'd have rather taken my chances than endured the rubbish this clown has presided over.

Fenty out.

Just like that.... Now that fits my description of tosh...

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 126 - 130
kingofthekippers
September 10, 2010, 10:20pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from barralad

Absolutely. Operation Admin does require a new owner to step out of the shadows and that is where the plan fails.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 127 - 130
rancido
September 10, 2010, 10:27pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,658
Gold Stars: 101
Quoted from barralad

Of course it's tosh but unfortunately some of the jokers on here can't see it. They seem to think that once you go into administration the debts are cleared then along comes someone with the money to buy the club and everything will be ok. They even quote other clubs that have done this BUT there is no guarantee that this will happen.Clubs that went bust years ago are still in the football wilderness like Chester and Bradford P.A. It took other clubs like Accrington and Aldershot ages to get back into the league and they are still not really thriving.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 128 - 130
kingofthekippers
September 10, 2010, 10:29pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from rancido

Of course it's tosh but unfortunately some of the jokers on here can't see it. They seem to think that once you go into administration the debts are cleared then along comes someone with the money to buy the club and everything will be ok. They even quote other clubs that have done this BUT there is no guarantee that this will happen.Clubs that went bust years ago are still in the football wilderness like Chester and Bradford P.A. It took other clubs like Accrington and Aldershot ages to get back into the league and they are still not really thriving.

Or the other angle they take is that there is a 'mystery man' who wants to take over the club but John Fenty keeps turning him down because his offer is not good enough.

So if I go to BP on Monday and offer Mr Fenty £1,000 to take the club off his hands does that make me the 'mystery man'. Any idiot can make an offer, doesn't mean it is a good one.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 129 - 130
14 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › GTFC Huge loss

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.