WELLSY_GTFC
September 25, 2010, 5:14am

GRIMSBY TOWN FOOTBALL CLUB
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +2 / -3
Quoted from SNOOZE
to view all the DRIVEL that you lot dream up

Do you know what I would love to see the bottom of my size 10 pressing against your nose.

BYE FISHY PEOPLE
RIP 17.4.11
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 60
dapperz fun pub
September 25, 2010, 8:24am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,049
Gold Stars: 84
Quoted from rancido

So , the local residents get the drum banned but you still have a pop at Rudrum and the new safety officer - amazing !!

not that i have to justify myself to you but he is a divvy
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 60
Pelham
September 25, 2010, 8:33am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +6 / -34
HOORAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 60
Grant
September 25, 2010, 9:07am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / 0
It’s a compromise with the local residents and its only for 2 games, a letter has been sent to the residents stating that this is for 19:45 K.O's only so early evening K.O's are ok. If the residents went to NELC and formally complained, they could push for the drum to go all together as a noise pollution issue. The fans, club and residents have got to cohabit together and get behind the players, this is the main area of importance for all of us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 60
woodi147
September 25, 2010, 9:14am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +10 / -4
Approval: +29
Gold Stars: 1
Vuvuzela it is then lets see how the local residents like that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 60
Marinerz93
September 25, 2010, 9:59am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Quoted from Grant
It’s a compromise with the local residents and its only for 2 games, a letter has been sent to the residents stating that this is for 19:45 K.O's only so early evening K.O's are ok. If the residents went to NELC and formally complained, they could push for the drum to go all together as a noise pollution issue. The fans, club and residents have got to cohabit together and get behind the players, this is the main area of importance for all of us.

Sound is essential to our daily lives, but noise is not – noise can be defined as unwanted sound. It is a source of irritation and stress for many people and can even damage our hearing if it is loud enough. Many of us are exposed to stressful levels of noise at home and at work.

A nuisance is often difficult to establish but, generally speaking, if something is unreasonable to the average person, a court might decide it is a statutory nuisance. Noise nuisance is covered by Part III of the Environmental Protection Act 1990 (EPA). This law empowers local authorities to deal with noise from fixed premises (including land) if they consider that the noise amounts to a statutory nuisance. Proceedings may be taken against noise from factories, shops, pubs, dwellings and stationary vehicles.

Noise abatement zones

Under the Control of Pollution Act 1974 a local authority may designate all or part of its area as a noise abatement zone (NAZ). This is intended to control noise from premises in the long term by preventing an increase in noise levels and reducing levels wherever possible. When a NAZ is in operation the local authority records the levels of noise from specified premises – these may be factories, commercial or domestic premises. The register is open to public inspection and once a noise has been registered it can only be exceeded with the local authority's consent. Noise reductions can be sought later if it is in the public interest and can be achieved at reasonable cost.

The area around the ground does not fall into a Noise Abatement Zone, it can't and this is due to the train track and Humber estuary. Trains passing by are louder than the drum and boats in fog are also louder than the drum, also fog horns can go on throughout the night.  There is also a main road that has traffic on it constantly.

The drum is banged during a period of 90 minutes before 10pm and it isn't constantly banged, therefore the time scale isn't unreasonable, also the frequency of night games are limited and you could count them on one hand.  The crowd can be louder than the drum so the drum isn't the sole source of noise pollution, so why is the drum banned.

Take the above into consideration and you will see that the residents are being petty, self centered and unreasonable idiots.  They choose to live near a football stadium and the day they moved in they accepted all that comes with living there. By complaining about the odd night match and a bit of noise they prove how selfish and stupid they are.  If I lived there I would be putting all my efforts into sorting out the problem of dog excrement and their couldn't give a fig owners, but some people are happy in excrement and would rather complain about something else, that my friends speaks volumes about what type of people these complainers are.

I'm a neutral when it comes to the drum, I'm more for freedom of choice.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 60
Grant
September 25, 2010, 10:10am
Coke Drinker
We all want to have the fredoom of choice however I would like to see us embrace the residents, lets gets them into the stadium and behind the club rather than fight against them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 60
NorthLeedsMariner
September 25, 2010, 10:21am
Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +11
Good riddence to the drum. Get back to chanting. Would prefer us to have the Pontoon chanting 'Mariners' then some Red indian bloody drum roll.

<*))))))><
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 60
Grant
September 25, 2010, 10:25am
Coke Drinker
Another thought with regards to Tuesday's night match, can we all not push our families and friends to come and pack the stadium out? We can show that despite the drum being missing we will stand as one and sing our hearts out for the lads?

Results have seen some vote with their feet by not attending, maybe Tuesday for one night we can all put our feelings to one side and show the Blue Square Premier and Wrexham what Grimsby Town FC is really about! We may not always like what we see on the pitch, but we will always love and be fans of our club that is Grimsby Town, lets see that passion again at Blundell Park.

I know that some will say "Why should we pay to watch that?" Results hurt us all however I know that when I give blood I have Grimsby Town running through my veins and will remain a fan until the day I die. It breaks my heart to see us lose but you have got to have hope, without that what is the point of life?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 60
Marinerz93
September 25, 2010, 11:24am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
It's a feeling we all have Grant but people will not pay to see gutless under performing players and let's be fair we have had almost 10 seasons of it.  Until the right players are brought in or/and the team starts going hell for leather, people will vote with their feet and that's the entertainment industry.  There is ways around sorting the atmosphere and I would wager almost anything to prove that allocated seating is the main problem, a debate we get into frequently.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 60
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Drum banned from BP

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.