Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Thank You John Fenty!
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 24 Guests

Thank You John Fenty!

This thread currently has 12,838 views. Print
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
gtfcnewman
September 19, 2011, 6:14pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: -1
Just a few words of thanks directed towards Mr. Fenty who has kept us alive and breathing over the past few years.
Yes the club has gone down hill, however its his money that has assured we are still around, and for that...
Thank You John Fenty!
From this position, onwards and upwards, lets get someone in who has the same passion and hopefully Mr Parker will return and carry the club forward in the future.
Logged Offline
Private Message
MyDogsThoughts
September 19, 2011, 6:18pm

Woof Woof!!!
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.87
Rep Score: +43 / -12
Approval: +38
I agree, personal enough bloke: who has spent plenty of his own money to help keep us afloat, often with nothing in return but abuse from some quarters of BP and the Fishy.

"I Love Bones, But I Think I'll Lick My Balls Now"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 61
Paris Mariner
September 19, 2011, 6:22pm
www.theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +809
I'd like to second that. Whilst Fenty hasn't been the most popular person around BP it is without a doubt due to his money that GTFC still exists. It could also be argued that our demise started before Fenty's chairmanship began and that he was left with the job of cleaning up a mess which rapidly became a lot worse!

Cheers John, and here's to a brighter future which we can all revel in!

Up the Mariners!

bilbaogroundguide.wordpress.com
ingoldale.tumblr.com Football and gig ticket blog
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 2 - 61
Tinymariner
September 19, 2011, 6:22pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +30 / -2
Approval: +1,456
Gold Stars: 12
WTS. Cheers John, it must have been a very easy choice to make. Far too many people getting on his back over the years, I would never want to be
owner or chairman of GTFC. Thanks again John. UTMM

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 61
September 19, 2011, 6:28pm
Guest User
Gutted it didn't work out for him (and us) but I think it's the right thing, whatever the reasoning. I have a lot of time for John and I genuinely wish him the best. Let's see if Mike Parker steps up, surely he must do?
Reply: 4 - 61
davmariner
September 19, 2011, 6:28pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -11
Approval: +4,970
Gold Stars: 79
Thanks John for the hard-work, time and effort as well the money that you've pumped into this club.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 61
Happy_Mariner
September 19, 2011, 6:30pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +69
Agree with the sentiment.

Thank you John Fenty for digging deep into your pockets for not a great deal of thanks or return on your investment.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 61
Musso74
September 19, 2011, 6:31pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +18 / -1
Approval: +61
Quoted from Happy_Mariner

Thank you John Fenty for digging deep into your pockets for not a great deal of thanks or return on your investment.

UTM

WHS
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 61
Fishfinger
September 19, 2011, 6:32pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +46 / -6
Approval: +144
Totally agree
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 61
Garth
September 19, 2011, 6:37pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
Never had the best of luck in managers, but never hesitated in spending his money to secure our future, Thanks John onwards and upwards
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 61
we will return
September 19, 2011, 6:46pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +19 / -1
Approval: +35
Thanks John, kept the club afloat, now we need some one with a bit more cash to help us push on.

UTM!
The Icenian Prediction League Winner 2013!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 61
topuphere666
September 19, 2011, 6:53pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.18
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +1,843
Gold Stars: 3
More pressing will Fi still be around???
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 61
ROKERITE
September 19, 2011, 6:56pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: +425
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from Garth
Never had the best of luck in managers, but never hesitated in spending his money to secure our future, Thanks John onwards and upwards

Until now; it seems unfortunate that Mr Fenty is going just when he's got the managerial choice right at last. I've said before that there won't be many in the anti-Fenty camp a couple of years from now, when H&S have made supporting Grimsby a pleasant experience again. Now he won't be there when the good times return.
Another worry is that Mr Parker, or whoever, doesn't share Mr Fenty's view regarding H&S. If Mr Fenty's departure is followed by that of H&S then those who desired, and are now celebrating, Mr Fenty's departure really should have been careful what they wished for.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 61
Career Underdogs
September 19, 2011, 7:01pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +9 / -34
Approval: +1
Good riddance to John Fenty.

There isnt a business person in the world that doesn't have to invest his own money in his business. That is the duty of a business person. So, basically his financial support was fulfilling his duty.

As for his football Chairmanship, he has been a complete disaster, a liabilty and the person that has ruined our once great club. A catalogue of disastrous managerial appointments combined with mismanagement. Especially in respect of the Slade contract debacle.

Good riddance.

Mike Parker has been a very clever man in engineering the exit of Fenty. He has obtained 54% of the shareholding and has sat back patiently and watched the takeover panel clear the way for him to move in as chairman.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 61
Sigone
September 19, 2011, 7:05pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +12 / -4
Approval: +1,615
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from Career Underdogs

Mike Parker has been a very clever man in engineering the exit of Slade.  

Really?

Dont think he was around at the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 61
Tinymariner
September 19, 2011, 7:07pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +30 / -2
Approval: +1,456
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from Career Underdogs
Good riddance to John Fenty.

There isnt a business person in the world that doesn't have to invest his own money in his business. That is the duty of a business person. So, basically his financial support was fulfilling his duty.

As for his football Chairmanship, he has been a complete disaster, a liabilty and the person that has ruined our once great club. A catalogue of disastrous managerial appointments combined with mismanagement. Especially in respect of the Slade contract debacle.

Good riddance.

Mike Parker has been a very clever man in engineering the exit of Slade. He has obtained 54% of the shareholding and has sat back patiently and watched the takeover panel clear the way for him to move in as chairman.

??????

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 61
flash1
September 19, 2011, 7:09pm
rather be a codhead than a scunt
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +21 / -9
As the news filters out from blundell park,let me b the 1st to thank you john 4 all yr efforts and your continued financial support 4 without that which I wouldnt have a football team to support!thx again jon.enjoy your rest!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 61
brad_gtfc
September 19, 2011, 7:15pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +16 / -3
Approval: +269
Agree with what everyones said, except CU.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 61
voice of reason
September 19, 2011, 7:20pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Quoted from flash1
As the news filters out from blundell park,let me b the 1st to thank you john 4 all yr efforts and your continued financial support 4 without that which I wouldnt have a football team to support!thx again jon.enjoy your rest!

Sorry to urine on your parade but you aren't the first to thank him...

And what news is filtering out other than the one statement on the OS...??? Seems to me JF has thrown his toys out the pram telling Radio Humberside that "he won't be making any statements because h can't act on behalf of GTFC anymore" or words like that...

Anyway, i'll use this team to add my thanks to JF...

Thanks for taking us from the championship to the conference...

Thanks for consistently ignoring paying fans when they give you feedback about the shocking customer experience at BP...

Thanks for letting the ground fall into the state it has...

Thanks for your time and effort although it has been wasted...

Thanks for ploughing your money in to correct your mistakes...

And the biggest thanks from me is....

THANKS for finally going...

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 61
BruceytheFish
September 19, 2011, 7:21pm

Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +8 / -1
Approval: +15
Gold Stars: 1
Hi agree. Thanks to John for his efforts.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 61
upthestripes
September 19, 2011, 7:32pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
Agreed, thanks John, now enjoy a stress-free future! I wouldn't have done what you did even if I was Bill Gates.

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 61
Borbs
September 19, 2011, 7:35pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Thanks for consistently ignoring paying fans when they give you feedback about the shocking customer experience at BP...

I think that was his flaw he listened far too much to moans and advice from fans on appointments and ran the club with his heart not his business head.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 61
pseudonym
September 19, 2011, 7:36pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +34 / -14
Quoted from voice of reason

And what news is filtering out other than the one statement on the OS...??? Seems to me JF has thrown his toys out the pram telling Radio Humberside that "he won't be making any statements because h can't act on behalf of GTFC anymore" or words like that...

You lot taking his place ?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 61
flash1
September 19, 2011, 7:39pm
Cocktail Drinker

move on! fenty has,and good luck to him!you can now return to your shackletons and wait in earnest for your cocoa and the night nurse to pass you the remote!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 61
jock dock tower
September 19, 2011, 7:40pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
It's an old cliche "better the devil you know" but very often true. The club needs now, surely, to look towards the fans for their input and support rather than letting it become the plaything o somebody else who hasn't got a scooby about what football really means to the fans. Being successful at business does not necessarily make a good club chairman. I fear the worst if Parker gets control......

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 61
the Grimbarian
September 19, 2011, 7:41pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -22
Approval: -2
Quoted from flash1

move on! fenty has,and good luck to him!you can now return to your shackletons and wait in earnest for your cocoa and the night nurse to pass you the remote!

Thats Terry looked after then  

• In addition, it was requested for anyone involved with GTST to step away from the
negativity, and refrain from getting involved in any nastiness and backbiting that
seems commonplace on messageboards.

AN EPITAPH FOR ALL GTST MEMBERS

Paranoia is a thought process believed to be heavily influenced by anxiety or fear, often to the point of irrationality and delusion.
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 61
lew chaterleys lover
September 19, 2011, 7:41pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,792
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from pseudonym

No wer'e not.

We are fans just like you commenting on some breaking news and giving our opinion of Fentys reign.

Private Message
Reply: 26 - 61
Denby
September 19, 2011, 7:44pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +12 / -2
yeah, thanks john for destroying our football club, thanks a lot
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 61
voice of reason
September 19, 2011, 7:47pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from pseudonym

Erm, no... I don't have the finances... What about you...??? All those dodgy smokes you're knocking out (allegedly   ) you should be making a few quid TAX FREE...

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 61
aldi_01
September 19, 2011, 7:47pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Finding it difficult to thank him. Fair dos he's plouged his own money into the club etc but he is the one common denominator in the decline of gtfc as far as I can see. Yes he's tried but at times one really has to question his decision making and just wonder why he made some of the just ridiculous statements he made...

Will he be 'selfish' and remove his money, who knows. He can donwhat he wants but surely if he is a huge town fan like a claims he wouldn't be so spiteful would he? Would he finally stick the final nail in the gtfc coffin, he's managed to be part of the first 5 so will he put the final one in by removing his cash???

Thank you and all that but I suspect there will be more town fans happy about this tonight than unhappy...I just wanna know, will Fiona still be about?

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 61
voice of reason
September 19, 2011, 7:51pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from flash1

It's not me that needs to move on... I won't be drowning my sorrows at his departure, maybe you will though...??? After all it was you who shared car park rendezvous to do some fast hand shaking with him...    

Private Message
Reply: 30 - 61
pseudonym
September 19, 2011, 7:52pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from aldi_01
Finding it difficult to thank him. Fair dos he's plouged his own money into the club etc but he is the one common denominator in the decline of gtfc as far as I can see. Yes he's tried but at times one really has to question his decision making and just wonder why he made some of the just ridiculous statements he made...

Will he be 'selfish' and remove his money, who knows. He can donwhat he wants but surely if he is a huge town fan like a claims he wouldn't be so spiteful would he? Would he finally stick the final nail in the gtfc coffin, he's managed to be part of the first 5 so will he put the final one in by removing his cash???

Thank you and all that but I suspect there will be more town fans happy about this tonight than unhappy...I just wanna know, will Fiona still be about?
Certain people on here profess to be huge Town fans and then post that they cannot be bothered to attend tomorrows game  !!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 61
flash1
September 19, 2011, 7:55pm
Cocktail Drinker

It's not me that needs to move on... I won't be drowning my sorrows at his departure, maybe you will though...??? After all it was you who shared car park rendezvous to do some fast hand shaking with him...    

your source were slighty wrong it wasnt actually his hand i was shaking!come on you know what the nurse does for you!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 61
aldi_01
September 19, 2011, 7:56pm

Barley Wine Drinker
I agree mate, and they infuriate me as much as you but you must see my point??

intercourse it, let's sack off the doom and gloom, town to win 4-0 against a poor Kettering side...

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 61
voice of reason
September 19, 2011, 7:58pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from flash1

your source were slighty wrong it wasnt actually his hand i was shaking!come on you know what the nurse does for you!

Private Message
Reply: 34 - 61
pseudonym
September 19, 2011, 7:58pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from aldi_01
I agree mate, and they infuriate me as much as you but you must see my point??

intercourse it, let's sack off the doom and gloom, town to win 4-0 against a poor Kettering side...
Keep the faith

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 61
voice of reason
September 19, 2011, 8:02pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from pseudonym
Certain people on here profess to be huge Town fans and then post that they cannot be bothered to attend tomorrows game  !!

Just because they aren't attending tomorrow doesn't mean they aren't huge GTFC fans... If they didn't attend all season it wouldn't mean they aren't either... Just because you plod up and down the country doesn't mean you are a bigger or better supporter than anyone...

Private Message
Reply: 36 - 61
MuddyWaters
September 19, 2011, 8:05pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,290
Gold Stars: 236
Thanks John for finally realising that GTFC and its' fans deserve better than what your mighty ego has served up. Should free up the pension money too.
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 61
the Grimbarian
September 19, 2011, 8:07pm
Season Ticket Holder

Just because they aren't attending tomorrow doesn't mean they aren't huge GTFC fans... If they didn't attend all season it wouldn't mean they aren't either... Just because you plod up and down the country doesn't mean you are a bigger or better supporter than anyone...

I think Terry deserves a medal for all the unpaid work he does sorting the coaches out for the away followers

• In addition, it was requested for anyone involved with GTST to step away from the
negativity, and refrain from getting involved in any nastiness and backbiting that

Paranoia is a thought process believed to be heavily influenced by anxiety or fear, often to the point of irrationality and delusion.
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 61
voice of reason
September 19, 2011, 8:12pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from the Grimbarian

I think Terry deserves a medal for all the unpaid work he does sorting the coaches out for the away followers

A medal...??? He hasn't been to bloody afghan... He rings a few coaches, collects a few details and writes down some names... Why does that deserve a medal...???

Ok, i'm being a twit really... He deserves some recognition for it I agree but certainly not a medal... I bet it comes with a few perks aswell...   and he seems to thrive off it... Regardless though I agree he seems to do a decent enough job listening to most people on here, I haven't been on it though, so can't really comment either way...

Private Message
Reply: 39 - 61
ginnywings
September 19, 2011, 8:27pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
I feel that John has to be thanked for his efforts,even though they ultimately proved fruitless.It's a thankless task,trying to keep a lower league football club afloat nowadays and i expect a fair few to go under in the coming seasons.Just hope ours isn't one of them.

I advocated a few weeks back that he should step back and let someone else have a go at running the club,but maybe still stay around on the board.Is that his thinking?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 61
TAGG
September 19, 2011, 8:41pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,938
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from gtfcnewman
Just a few words of thanks directed towards Mr. Fenty who has kept us alive and breathing over the past few years.
Yes the club has gone down hill, however its his money that has assured we are still around, and for that...
Thank You John Fenty!
From this position, onwards and upwards, lets get someone in who has the same passion and hopefully Mr Parker will return and carry the club forward in the future.

intercourse him. Good riddance to bad rubbish.
We are a non-league team because of him.
He had to put most of that money in to make up for his many intercourse ups over the years.  

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 61
GrimRob
September 19, 2011, 9:10pm

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,462
Gold Stars: 115
Hats off to him. Most of us would have left long before this I am sure. It's not through lack of effort or money that it's been a failure.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 42 - 61
Abdul19
September 19, 2011, 9:19pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,616
Gold Stars: 220
His heart's clearly been in the right place, which possibly makes his mismanagement even more difficult to accept.

Thanks for the effort Mr Fenty, but you were an awful chairman.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 61
Gtfc grassroots
September 19, 2011, 9:21pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +1 / -15
Thank you John.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 61
aldi_01
September 19, 2011, 10:32pm

Barley Wine Drinker
The worst chairman in the clubs history? Not for the want of trying but just not up to the job

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 61
mariner91
September 19, 2011, 10:57pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,772
Gold Stars: 262
Thank you John for putting Fiona in the club shop where I was once lucky enough to see her suffer a nip slip.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 61
Biccys
September 19, 2011, 10:58pm
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from mariner91
Thank you John for putting Fiona in the club shop where I was once lucky enough to see her suffer a nip slip.

Pic or it never happened......

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 47 - 61
aldi_01
September 19, 2011, 10:59pm

Barley Wine Drinker
She's got plenty of pics on Facebook...may be when one visits the club shop now they'll get some service, or at least some acknowledgement they exist...

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 61
mariner91
September 19, 2011, 11:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Biccys

Pic or it never happened......

Unfortunately no pic as my phone is a nokia 3410. But I swear on my life it happened. It was great.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 61
TWAreaTownSupporter
September 19, 2011, 11:34pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Thank you for all your efforts John.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 61
Career Underdogs
September 19, 2011, 11:38pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +9 / -34

Here here.

And I have corrected my earlier post. I meant to write Fenty

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 61
topuphere666
September 20, 2011, 8:31am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from mariner91

Unfortunately no pic as my phone is a nokia 3410. But I swear on my life it happened. It was great.

Was that the time when me and Kirsty were with you???
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 61
STB
September 20, 2011, 8:40am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.70
Rep Score: +66 / -22
The departure of Fenty will make little difference to the success of the club in my opinion.
The guy has tried his best, put a lump of money into the club but ultimately failed.
Is there anyone out there who could be chairman and revive our fortunes?
I doubt it but a bit of false hope never did any harm.

Former lover of all things GTFC . . .
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 61
gobby
September 20, 2011, 8:49am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +776
Gold Stars: 7
Thanks for your efforts John.
UTMM

The Icenian Predicition League  CHAMPION 2016/17
Beat The Clock Champion 2020/21 🏆 👏

My old man said follow the Town
And dont dilly dally on the way
We'll take Scunny in half a minute
We'll take Lincoln and all thats in it!

One Step Beyond.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 61
mariner91
September 20, 2011, 9:42am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from topuphere666

Was that the time when me and Kirsty were with you???

Yes.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 61
dapperz fun pub
September 20, 2011, 9:44am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,065
Gold Stars: 84
Quoted from STB
The departure of Fenty will make little difference to the success of the club in my opinion.
The guy has tried his best, put a lump of money into the club but ultimately failed.
Is there anyone out there who could be chairman and revive our fortunes?
I doubt it but a bit of false hope never did any harm.

failed miserably imo
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 61
StiggsGTFC
September 20, 2011, 9:52am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +41
Quoted from Happy_Mariner

UTM

Not sure anyone puts money into their local club for a financial return.

Mr Fenty deserves our thanks for keeping us afloat.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 61
topuphere666
September 20, 2011, 11:03am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from mariner91

Yes.

Haha great great great night!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 61
pseudonym
September 20, 2011, 12:15pm
Vodka Drinker

A medal...??? He hasn't been to bloody afghan... He rings a few coaches, collects a few details and writes down some names... Why does that deserve a medal...???

Ok, i'm being a twit really... He deserves some recognition for it I agree but certainly not a medal... I bet it comes with a few perks aswell...   and he seems to thrive off it... Regardless though I agree he seems to do a decent enough job listening to most people on here, I haven't been on it though, so can't really comment either way...
What perks ? News to me. All the committee pay the full fare and membership fees.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 61
the Grimbarian
September 20, 2011, 12:31pm
Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from pseudonym
What perks ? News to me. All the committee pay the full fare and membership fees.

Why respond Terry!! He talks out of his bottom anyway

Private Message
Reply: 60 - 61
voice of reason
September 20, 2011, 12:49pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from pseudonym

I don't know... Maybe shift a few dodgy smokes if you was that way inclined...

Private Message
Reply: 61 - 61
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Thank You John Fenty!

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.