Wearing your GTFC top

This thread currently has 24,998 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
danny pacquiao
February 20, 2012, 11:15pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Wore mine alot in New York, best one was probably photo i've got in front of statue of liberty
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 88
Steve_gtfc
February 20, 2012, 11:37pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Wore mine on a Buddist temple tour of Bangkok. Got pictures of me next to several Buddas wearing the blue away top from 2 seasons ago.

Follow on Twitter: sclaybourn87
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 88
GYinScuntland
February 21, 2012, 12:01am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,253
Gold Stars: 98
Woolworths, Airdrie High street. Trust me, the Nazis were not as Nazi as that bunch of middle aged female (ish) harridens when they twigged our "filthy English girl private" accents.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 88
Biccys
February 21, 2012, 12:04am
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
I let the fittest barmaid in our hotel in Bahrain wear mine when there in 2002. A 1998 Dixon shirt! Man it smelled good when I got it back....

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 13 - 88
Sussexmariner
February 21, 2012, 12:10am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +623
Gold Stars: 18
Got thrown out of the birth place of our lord Jesus Christ in Bethlehem 20 years ago for wearing my Town shirt

Are we any closer to getting promoted since Hurst has been here? No

Has he been given time to achieve promotion by the chairman and fans? Yes

Hurst out
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 88
Shilts
February 21, 2012, 12:24am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / -1
Approval: +121
But isn't Jesus a Town fan.......he wouldn't be pleased with that!!

I had a trip round Eastern / Central Europe and always looked to see if there was a game on in any city we visited, I was travelling with a Gimp mate and we each wore our teams shirts to: Sparta Prague's Toyata Arena, Slavia Prague's National Stadium, Dubrovnik (playing a champ league qualifier vs Man U in the Ferenk Puskas Stadium - we went in the Dubrovnik end!!), some Croatian Div 2 team whom I forget the name and Hertha Berlins Olympic Stadium.

We had great photos of the both of us in each stadium, had ideas of telling the clubs before the next game we were due to play, would surely have got in the programme for that. We changed the cameras memory card in the last week of the holiday and that was the last we ever saw of those photo's..................There'll be some confused Slovakian that has them somewhere?

I currently live in Thailand, have a season ticket with a team called Thai Port (yep, they have a boat on the badge and are located in the port, just like Town). I often wear my shirt to games. I'll post a great wears wally style spot the town shirt picture I have of a game when home from work.

"Nothing says party like a retro Ciba Geigy Town shirt bobbing away on an inflatable flamingo."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 88
Brookenby Mariner
February 21, 2012, 7:42am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
My various Town shirts went everywhere with me whilst I was in the RAF, Bahrain where I bumped into another town fan, Sao Paolo in Brazil, Montevideo in Uruguay, Port Stanley in the Falklands, Kuwait, Sydney, San Fransisco, Washinton DC, Tampa, Belize, Kenya, Oman, Saudi Arabia and left an old mid 90's Ciba sponsored shirt in a brit bar called Sherlock Holmes in the West Edmonton Mall in Canada where they had all manner of football shirts on the walls, don't know if it's still there.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 88
lobsterpot
February 21, 2012, 8:28am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +18 / -2
Approval: +742
Gold Stars: 15
Nothing spectacular but i can remember in Magaluf playing footy with some other English residents of the complex and a Coventry fan would'nt stop going on about my town shirt. He could not believe our new kit maker was nike! Ha ha i told him it's cos' we were going places and had a millionaire chairman and we would be in the premiership in the next 5 years and just cos' of the Nike thing he was convinced!

" YOU ALWAYS SCORE FROM OUR CORNERS, SCORE FROM OUR CORNERS........"

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 88
Rodley Mariner
February 21, 2012, 8:56am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,258
Gold Stars: 180
I'm highly stylish so I've only ever worn a Town shirt as a child and when I've actually been playing football. Oh and when I got married obviously.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 88
arryarryarry
February 21, 2012, 9:31am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,051
Gold Stars: 117
Standing on the edge of the Grand Canyon some years ago ready to jump when someone phoned me and said that JF had taken charge of the club and we were heading for the Premier League, my fault I never asked which Premier league.
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 88
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Wearing your GTFC top

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.