14 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
marinette
March 9, 2012, 4:51pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +38 / -4
Approval: +320
Gold Stars: 3
The majority vote holds sway, and that's fair enough.  In one sense, it's a relief that we don't have to worry about the club folding just yet, even though the crisis has merely been delayed, and not sorted out for good.

The only other person in recent years who appears to have been willing to put a decent amount of cash into the club has been Mike Parker. I'm still struggling to understand why there was a need to put that clause in the agreement about not wanting Mike Parker to be sold any more shares, when in the same breath Mr Fenty is bemoaning the fact that there is nobody else to share the financial burden.  Surely if Mr Parker were to get any more shares he would have to pay for them, and therefore bring much needed money into the club?

I am led to believe that Mike Parker allegedly doesn't want anything more to do with the running of the club, and also that he is unlikely to offer any more money.  That's fair enough, and I'm sure he'll have his reasons.  But if that is genuinely the case, why are we effectively banning him from buying any more shares - when he isn't going to buy any anyway!!!   Is there any purpose to that clause in the agreement, other than to make it sound slightly hostile, slightly offensive and slightly humiliating to Mike Parker?

Private Message
Reply: 120 - 137
Wrawby_Mariner
March 9, 2012, 4:58pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from Harlem mariner

Don't know what you find funny .. Finding an alternative should be a job for every fan . Especially ones against the share proposal
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 121 - 137
voice of reason
March 9, 2012, 5:07pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Approval: -1
Quoted from Wrawby_Mariner

Don't know what you find funny .. Finding an alternative should be a job for every fan . Especially ones against the share proposal

Whoa... it's fook all to do with us non trust members remember...

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 122 - 137
Wrawby_Mariner
March 9, 2012, 5:44pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from voice of reason

Whoa... it's fook all to do with us non trust members remember...

This isn't about the Trust though is it?
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 123 - 137
forza ivano
March 9, 2012, 6:15pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,285
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from lancspontooner
This seems the ideal result for the moaners on here. Most knew that the Trust would have a majority voting "Yes" so the Trust Board, Trust Members and Fenty could be criticised in equal measure without the worry that funding might disappear this season. The club could then go on funding new players (Soares and Winn) in an attempt to get out of this god-forsaken division but the moaners would still have the moral high ground claiming that 82% of voters had been duped and apparently they are "cretins".

I voted late on to hear the arguments and I voted "Yes". I don't know the Trust Board members and I don't know Fenty. I know that Fenty's debts make our club an unattractive proposition to potential investors and I have been very critical of his decisions and communications to fans as Chairman. However, I do think he's a fan and I'm certain that there is no-one else likely to fund this club until the end of next season. I also think that next season is the most critical season we face as I think we'll fall short this year. So, as the least worst option, I'll give my support to the Trust Board to negotiate with Fenty and hopefully help to keep my club afloat. If he doesn't negotiate properly or the Trust Board aren't up to it I'd either withdraw my support for the Trust - or even put myself forward to get more involved. I wouldn't snipe on the sidelines/messageboards.

So carry on moaning on here and then you will have the satisfaction to be able to say "I told you so" next season if it doesn't work out. Alternatively you could join the Trust and give it a proper mandate to represent the fans. Rant over.  

good post (from a no voter!!)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 124 - 137
Harlem mariner
March 9, 2012, 6:20pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +9 / -5
Quoted from marinette
The majority vote holds sway, and that's fair enough.  In one sense, it's a relief that we don't have to worry about the club folding just yet, even though the crisis has merely been delayed, and not sorted out for good.

The only other person in recent years who appears to have been willing to put a decent amount of cash into the club has been Mike Parker. I'm still struggling to understand why there was a need to put that clause in the agreement about not wanting Mike Parker to be sold any more shares, when in the same breath Mr Fenty is bemoaning the fact that there is nobody else to share the financial burden.  Surely if Mr Parker were to get any more shares he would have to pay for them, and therefore bring much needed money into the club?

I am led to believe that Mike Parker allegedly doesn't want anything more to do with the running of the club, and also that he is unlikely to offer any more money.  That's fair enough, and I'm sure he'll have his reasons.  But if that is genuinely the case, why are we effectively banning him from buying any more shares - when he isn't going to buy any anyway!!!   Is there any purpose to that clause in the agreement, other than to make it sound slightly hostile, slightly offensive and slightly humiliating to Mike Parker?

Good post
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 125 - 137
cod.gtfc
March 9, 2012, 6:31pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +31 / -14
Approval: -1
Quoted from Harlem mariner

Good post

It would have been a good post except where has this vote stopped Parker from buying any more shares? The proposal was to stop Parker from gifting any more of his shares to the trust therefore stopping the same thing happening again, not stopping Parker buying any more shares.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 126 - 137
Denby
March 9, 2012, 7:15pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +12 / -2
it would be interesting if mr fenty came forward and publicly stated that he would write his loans off if someone pays £1 per share for his entire holding.  then we would finally see if another 'investor' would step in to his shoes.  however, i fear that mr fenty and his loans will continue to be a barrier to invest and will be so until we eventually fold
Private Message
Reply: 127 - 137
marinette
March 9, 2012, 7:24pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +38 / -4
Approval: +320
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from cod.gtfc

It would have been a good post except where has this vote stopped Parker from buying any more shares? The proposal was to stop Parker from gifting any more of his shares to the trust therefore stopping the same thing happening again, not stopping Parker buying any more shares.

Ah yes, I got that wrong - my apologies.

Nevertheless, I'm not sure that naming Mike Parker personally like that shows the club in a very good light, especially as Mike Parker has made a substantial financial contribution to GTFC in the not-too distant past.  If I suddenly found myself with a big pot of money, I'm not sure I would want to give it to an organisation that treated its investors in such a way - it almost seems as if MP is being blacklisted.  

Private Message
Reply: 128 - 137
MuddyWaters
March 9, 2012, 7:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from marinette

Ah yes, I got that wrong - my apologies.

Nevertheless, I'm not sure that naming Mike Parker personally like that shows the club in a very good light, especially as Mike Parker has made a substantial financial contribution to GTFC in the not-too distant past.  If I suddenly found myself with a big pot of money, I'm not sure I would want to give it to an organisation that treated its investors in such a way - it almost seems as if MP is being blacklisted.  

If you win the Euromillions tonight you could always give JF a call and find out!
Private Message
Reply: 129 - 137
14 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Fenty vote - 82% in favour

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.