wigworld
July 30, 2012, 1:59pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,080
Gold Stars: 29
Quoted from bradzmilne

Think blaming the school holidays is abit harsh.

Sorry Brad, wasn't directed at you or younger posters in general, more of an observation that this sort of trolling does tend to increase in the Summer holidays - particularly when there's no football on!
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 30 - 107
marinerian
July 30, 2012, 2:01pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +33 / -16
Approval: +15
Aaron tries far to hard to be popular and funny.

Not everyone wants to read 'did you see me' or some may not find your humour their cup of tea.

I posted Ask Marinerian to get some banter started but I made the choice not to do it to often.

Also not everyone will agree or like you. I am sure a fair few posters can not stand me. People have to realise people have different personas. Fir example people behave differently during different situations. You are likely to behave differently at work than they do at football or at home with the family. I remember studying it during Sociology A level course.

Some of the topics discussed have seemed to have made people tense and frustrared, this has made the board and the posters very annoyed and wound up at times
I
am sure Aaron is a decent lad but he just needs to find a gf or bf to help pre-occupie his spare time!

UP THE MARINERS
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 107
Super Clive
July 30, 2012, 2:11pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
Thefishy is a good laugh. I read it for a good year before I joined and electronic fishcake which was awful read with the old layout, some say its not what it use to be well what is? England not what it use to be nor is grimsby or the club itself.

It will improve, I've used foul language and post crap but I don't do it as often now. Few weeks when the football is flowing so with the debate.
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 107
I am Um Bongo
July 30, 2012, 2:14pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +35 / -7
Approval: +3
Quoted from aaron rattray

Do i post about buying eco carriers? Do i start of a thread like the 1 minute ago 10 seconds ago ect just for the urine take?, or start a new thread to ask where i can buy fifa or football manager?

Um Bongo seriously wonders why you post "did anyone see me?" after town games, Um Bongo cannot decide whether you are lonely or just want hugs?

I love you Um Bongo, we will be best friends forever <3
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 107
Rick12
July 30, 2012, 2:18pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from I am Um Bongo

Um Bongo seriously wonders why you post "did anyone see me?" after town games, Um Bongo cannot decide whether you are lonely or just want hugs?
  your funny mate

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 107
jock dock tower
July 30, 2012, 2:22pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Quoted from Hagrid
As a new poster, I hope I am not being victimised by the actions of others, I will not post drivel or balderdash or silly little troll messages, but post my views and how I see things. Not to the 10 posts a day of others as I am at work, but before anyone starts, no I aint no troll!

Sorry, you've been outed by the grammar police....two negatives make a positive, ergo you are a troll!

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 107
Paul62
July 30, 2012, 2:24pm

Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +9
I recently signed upto the Fishy to post on a non football thread that was close to my heart. For the record I was born within a stones throw of Blundell Park saw my first town game in 1972 and now exiled in Shropshire, I have suffered the highs and lows of town for nearly 50 years. The fishy is the lifeline that keeps many of us in touch with the fortunes of our beloved club. I have great respect and admiration for the way this board is run but the one thing I don't like  is new posters like myself having to run the gauntlet of flack. I have seen to many first time posters shot down in flames because of objections to their point of view or because they don't live in the local area. I like the banter but this personal stuff has to stop, otherwise the fishy will spiral out of control descending into a free for all putting people off.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 107
costa del cleethorpes
July 30, 2012, 2:25pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +3 / -3
Quoted from Paul62
I recently signed upto the Fishy to post on a non football thread that was close to my heart. For the record I was born within a stones throw of Blundell Park saw my first town game in 1972 and now exiled in Shropshire, I have suffered the highs and lows of town for nearly 50 years. The fishy is the lifeline that keeps many of us in touch with the fortunes of our beloved club. I have great respect and admiration for the way this board is run but the one thing I don't like  is new posters like myself having to run the gauntlet of flack. I have seen to many first time posters shot down in flames because of objections to their point of view or because they don't live in the local area. I like the banter but this personal stuff has to stop, otherwise the fishy will spiral out of control descending into a free for all putting people off.

Read my new thread before it gets deleted mate
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 107
lee65
July 30, 2012, 2:29pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,486
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from aaron rattray
There are some trolls on this board who know nothing about football and these threads what sometimes appear about an eco carrier

I think if you don't average at least 0.50 posts a day you should removed because they just post once in a bluemoon about random excrement

This is the reason that some give you a hard time, please think about what you write.  My "average" is 0.18 ish, but when I comment it is usually football related and hopefully reasoned.  I'm 47, read the Fishy everyday and remember the "Electronic Fishcake" well (can you?)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 107
Rick12
July 30, 2012, 2:29pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Paul62
great post mate and agree with all the above.Nice to see as well fans like you stick by the club through thick and thin

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 107
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › The future of The Fishy

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.