Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Can fans have an effect on players?
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 48 Guests

Can fans have an effect on players?

This thread currently has 12,299 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Marinerz93
August 20, 2012, 12:30am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Gaz, you need to use your fingers instead of mashing the keyboard with your fist or head, I find it the best way to get your point across without looking like a total nut job  

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 65
Gary Haddock
August 20, 2012, 12:32am

Neither above nor beneath
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +44 / -5
Approval: +6
lmao too late already look like a nut job.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 65
ginnywings
August 20, 2012, 12:35am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.01
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Marinerz93
Gaz, you need to use your fingers instead of mashing the keyboard with your fist or head, I find it the best way to get your point across without looking like a total nut job  

That made me laugh out loud or LOL as Gaz would no doubt say.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 65
Gary Haddock
August 20, 2012, 12:38am

Brandy Drinker
I daren't quote anyone anymore it went all wierd on me, looks like I was quoting myself lmao

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 65
Marinerz93
August 20, 2012, 12:41am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Gary Haddock
I daren't quote anyone anymore it went all wierd on me, looks like I was quoting myself lmao

Quite  

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 65
Marinerz93
August 20, 2012, 12:42am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings

That made me laugh out loud or LOL as Gaz would no doubt say.

Private Message
Reply: 55 - 65
80sglory
August 20, 2012, 12:44am
Guest User
Gary no need to put yourself down, be submissive or not have your say.

tbh you're right really - if people don't like it then it's tough titty !

Point is, it's meant to be "debate" and it's all about seeing different viewpoints isn't it ?
Fact you can see others points of view is much credit to you. (there's certainly a few nobheads on here who don't !)

Anyway don't ever feel like you can't post what want.
Just expect to be questioned or challenged over it if you do.  
There's a jungle of weird and wonderful opinions out there !  
Hope that doesn't sound patronizing, just trying to help...
Reply: 56 - 65
Gary Haddock
August 20, 2012, 12:45am

Brandy Drinker
Quoted from Marinerz93

Quite  

the faces I was pulling was much worse than that lol.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 65
Mrs Doyle
August 20, 2012, 8:15am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Wow, there certainly are some sensitive people on here.

It's like treading on egg shells look we all deep down love GTFC otherwise we wouldn't bother coming on here.

I know and everybody else knows we desperately need a win kick start our season off, you can bet your bottom dollar that Fenty,Scott, Hurst and everbody at BP are feeling just as frustrated as we are.

This personal abuse and blame culture is getting us no where.

COME ON PEOPLE OF GRIMSBY WE ARE BETTER THAN THIS!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 65
oldun
August 20, 2012, 9:51am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Quoted from ginnywings
I think everyone is going over the top here. I can't remember much in the way of abuse during the game, apart from the usual suspects who rant and rave at every game. Most fans around me just sat there shaking their heads in disbelief. Most have gone way beyond anger now and just seem to have given up all hope. In fact, the players seemed to be abusing each other more than the fans did.

If this question has arisen because of Scotts after match comments about the players, then i think he was referring more to the players stage fright and weight of expectation at playing in front of (what is to them) a big crowd and a big ground compared to what they have experienced before in their careers.

We used to be the underdogs and now we are seen as a big scalp by the so called smaller clubs and the players need to step up to the plate and start performing. The crowd will soon get behind them if and when they do.

I remember Bryan Robson, when he was player manager of Middlesbrough saying that they should be doing better against the likes of Grimsby after we had played them off the pitch. The boot is now on the other foot.

Spot on Ginny
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 65
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Can fans have an effect on players?

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.